Why do NRA members not support Keith Scott?

Keith Lamont Scott had a right to carry a gun.
He was in his vehicle.
He broke no laws that day.
Police forced him out of the vehicle and shot him after he did not drop his gun.

Why does NRA not come out and support Scott's right to have a gun?
Might want to look up the laws regarding felons and firearms in North Carolina
I did, and you are the one who is ignorant.
N.C. Supreme Court Says Some Felons Can Own Guns

"Some" can, but not felons that shot someone and also fired shots at cops...

Want to live? Drop the gun.
Did Bundy and company drop their guns? No, they aimed them at Federal Agents. If you're white here you can get away with that, and live. If you're black they just call for a body-bag.

Uh, didn't one of the Oregon guys get shot and killed over a gun? Where are you coming up with your stuff?
That was long after the original standoff. And he was running from the police and pointing a gun at them. It's okay to shoot to kill then, right?

...He didn't have kids already? You lose.
He won't be breeding anymore, anyway...

Push-tie...

The cup is half full...
tongue_smile.gif

Want to live? Drop the gun.
Did Bundy and company drop their guns? No, they aimed them at Federal Agents. If you're white here you can get away with that, and live. If you're black they just call for a body-bag.

Uh, didn't one of the Oregon guys get shot and killed over a gun? Where are you coming up with your stuff?
That was long after the original standoff. And he was running from the police and pointing a gun at them. It's okay to shoot to kill then, right?

No, what you don't understand as a police officer you have to have discretion. When there was a gaggle of men in the building on the land, if the officers had fired first there would have been serious bloodshed. They knew who they were dealing with, and they knew the men were trying to make a point in what they were doing, and the police were not going to fire first. The officers also knew the situation they were getting into there and didn't walk out in the open putting themselves in the firing line. After the fact when the men were confronted leaving the compound, they didn't listen and give up peacefully, the man with a gun that didn't comply got shot. Period.

In Charlotte, they pulled over a guy that got out of the car with a gun in his hand, he refused to put the gun down... after REPEATED attempts to get him to comply. He didn't. He died. The officers are alive, and a guy that once shot another guy, once shot at police, a guy that shouldn't be carrying a gun, a guy that didn't listen to the cops... he died. The system worked. Period.

How you can see any similarities between the two instances I have no clue.

He was in his vehicle.
Police forced him out of the vehicle and shot him after he did not drop his gun.

As you can see you’ll only get ignorance, hate, and stupidity from the right.

And conservatives’ efforts to blame the victim, and demonize African-Americans shot by law enforcement is one of the more reprehensible manifestations of the right.
The stupidity seems to be coming from him.
I've posted a couple of links showing the man should not have had a firearm, especially in a vehicle.
and he keeps coming back with 'but, but, but"
I posted a link that says a man can open carry a gun in a vehicle in NC.
And you have no valid response?
I win. :)
"I posted a link that says a man can open carry a gun in a vehicle in NC."

and when he got out of the car with the gun in his hand, that ended.
You lose
Cops were there hunting for another.
He broke no laws sitting in his vehicle with gun.
Cops violated his right to remain in vehicle, unless he was a suspect.

He was in his vehicle.

And conservatives’ efforts to blame the victim, and demonize African-Americans shot by law enforcement is one of the more reprehensible manifestations of the right.
I've posted a couple of links showing the man should not have had a firearm, especially in a vehicle.

You lose

Scott wasn't just "sitting" in his car. He threatened cops just because they were looking for a suspect. He initiated the problem. I'd like to know how a guy with his rap sheet got a job working security. That company that hired them should be investigated.

He was in his vehicle.

You lose

You've been proven wrong.

go away

He was in his vehicle.

If Keith Lamont Scott Had Followed Gun Laws, Would He Still Be Alive?

Convicted criminals aren't allowed to own and use guns AT ALL.

He broke the law of resisting arrest and being a convicted violent criminal the cop defended herself.

He was in his vehicle.

He broke the law of resisting arrest and being a convicted violent criminal the cop defended herself.

Resisting arrest is not a capital crime. The police are not prosecutor, judge, jury, and executioner.

He was in his vehicle.

Resisting arrest is not a capital crime. The police are not prosecutor, judge, jury, and executioner.
True, but shooting someone that's a danger to them and the community is part of the job. Normal people know not to wrestle with the cops, not sure why so many in the black community struggle with that simple concept.

He was in his vehicle.

True, but shooting someone that's a danger to them and the community is part of the job. Normal people know not to wrestle with the cops, not sure why so many in the black community struggle with that simple concept.

As I've already stated, not complying with the cops and getting shot is not a race specific problem. The differences are how it is covered in the media and the reaction these instances are getting from community. More Whites are shot and killed by the cops than any other race by the straight numbers, whereas Blacks are the most often shot by the percentages to population.

He was in his vehicle.

What was the danger?

When was the option of simply clearing the area and attempting to negotiate a peaceful surrender lost?

He was in his vehicle.

What was the danger?

When was the option of simply clearing the area and attempting to negotiate a peaceful surrender lost?
You spoke generically and I answered it accordingly. I don't know the specifics of this case, do you?

He was in his vehicle.

As I've already stated, not complying with the cops and getting shot is not a race specific problem. The differences are how it is covered in the media and the reaction these instances are getting from community. More Whites are shot and killed by the cops than any other race by the straight numbers, whereas Blacks are the most often shot by the percentages to population.
Why tell me?

He was in his vehicle.

Have a gun, yes. Wave it at the cops, not so much

He was in his vehicle.

You lose

You're simply trying to lynch a black man because he's trying to make a legal living. We know you'd be on his side if he lived the thug life.

Nuff said

Forum List

Back