Why do liberals defend China? Now Cuomo is blaming Europe

It's more that they are doing the opposite of what Trump does.

Nancy used to have a fire under her about China now she doesn't.
Could it be because their candidate is in bed with China? Maybe

He isn't in bed with China......

China owns him .... completely........ his son put his dad on the hook to the Chinese....and other foreign governments because they aren't as competent in their evil as the clinton's are....
And again- it is not the 'left' who claims friendship with dictators- that again would be your Dear Leader
"And I like President Xi a lot. I consider him a friend, and -- but I like him a lot. I've gotten to know him very well. He's a strong gentleman, right? Anybody that -- he's a strong guy, tough guy." (June 30, 2019)
* "President Xi, who is a strong man, I call him King, he said, 'But I am not King, I am president.' I said, 'No, you're president for life and therefore, you're King.' He said, 'Huh. Huh.' He liked that." (April 2, 2019)
* "I had President Xi, who's a friend of mine, who's a very, very good man." (April 12, 2018)
thats called diplomacy ! Trump was trying to get better trade deals for Americas people ! if you think Trump isnt tougher on china than any democrat then you must believe the tariffs on chinese imports and the sanctions on chinese companies are something your comrades enjoy !

Let’s make this clear.

China is the creator of the virus, not Trump.

If you blame Trump over China, you need to swim in a lake.

China no more created this virus than the United States created measles- based upon the facts we know.

As I said before- there is plenty to blame China for- but there is no evidence that China created this virus- anymore than there is evidence for the Chinese claim that the United States created this virus. China screwed up its handling of this disease- and for that China deserves blame- but-

If you blame only China for what has happened in the United States- and ignore Trump's failures in this crisis- well you are just another Trumpkin- always looking to blame someone else for Trump's failure.
Oh so it came from Mars then.............OK........we go and declare War on ET then...............freaking alien asshole.
Only a true Trumpkin would believe that the coronavirus came from Mars

China no more created this virus than the United States created measles- based upon the facts we know.

As I said before- there is plenty to blame China for- but there is no evidence that China created this virus- anymore than there is evidence for the Chinese claim that the United States created this virus. China screwed up its handling of this disease- and for that China deserves blame- but-

If you blame only China for what has happened in the United States- and ignore Trump's failures in this crisis- well you are just another Trumpkin- always looking to blame someone else for Trump's failure.
over 100 countries are calling for investigations into china over the virus !

Fine with me. I have no problem at all with investigating China- and finding out what China did or did not do.

please explain how the most rapid mobilization of the government and the private sector [emphasis on the private sector] in 75 yrs to fight this virus is a failure ..

Oh do I really need to spell it out for you- well you Trumpkins do have a problem with facts
Lets review the facts:
The United States leads the world in both coronavirus cases and coronavirus deaths- over 80,000 Americans have died from coronavirus during Trump's watch.
Our deaths per 100K/population are 28.10- which puts us ahead of the UK and France- but far behind Canada with 16.27, Germany with 9.74 and Poland with 2.5 and South Korea- which had its first case the same day as the United States- with an astonishingly low .51.

What explanation do you have for why the United States so many more deaths per capita than Germany and South Korea- who had just as much warning as the United States?
If having 3 times more Americans die than Germans is not considered a failure of leadership what is? Football coaches have been replaced for doing better than that.

I think you confuse what Trump said- with what he failed to do.

A few more points:
Under Trump:
The pandemic response team was disbanded
The pandemic response plan was ignored
The United States lagged far behind South Korea and Germany in sending out tests- and when it did send out the first tests- 3 weeks after Germany and South Korea- they were defective.
The United States- when a U.S. manufacturer offered to ramp up production of American made masks- repeatedly- in January- but the Trump administration turned them down.
Trump has repeatedly downplayed the significance
Trump repeatedly downplayed the significance of the coronavirus- including this gem from February:

“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”

As of today- there are now 1,000,000 times more cases than when Trump told Americans it would be down to zero within a couple of days.

View attachment 338740
Outside of a few hotspots in Blue States handled by democrat governors, this nation did quite well.
I don't think that it was Trump who told those states to put infected patients in with the nursing homes.
If he did could you please link that for all of us.
Should be blaming China and WHO for all the misinformation regarding the severity of this virus.
But, I see your not, you're blaming Trump, which leads me to believe it's just all political
with you and your ilk trying to bring down a duly elected president..
It's obvious that you're all butt hurt, and have been for the last three years.
Oh you really shouldn't just get all of your information from Trump and Fox News.

Not sure how you consider 80,000 dead Americans doing 'quite well'.
How is China to blame for the fact that the United States has far, far more deaths per capita than South Korea or Germany?

I have no problem with blaming China for its failures- again- I can't find any 'liberal' who defends China- only Trump- but we won't be voting November on how China handled the pandemic that has killed over 80,000 Americans- we will be voting on whether Trump did a good job.
Might want to look at the governors of those states that have the high death rate and see what they were doing.
NY, Ma, NJ, Mi. I do see a trend here.
The top 6 Chinese Virus death states are all run by Dimwingers.
The number one country for Covid-19 Deaths in the world is run by a Republican.
US death rate is about 1/2-1/3 of those first world countries with govt run healthcare.

Oops!

I don't support Trump, but I don't blame Trump for anything over health care because that is not the job of a president in the US.

But in general, countries with socialized medicine did best.
The best example is Germany, which had hardly any deaths.
And they attribute that to the efficiency of their socialized medicine with better access and more invested.
Responsibility for tests not working falls on CDC
Responsibility for ordering the mass production of tests lies with either Homeland Security or Pandemic Response Team.
Responsibility for maintaining the stockpile of PPEs lies with the Office of Management of the Strategic National Stock Pile.
Responsibility for not purchasing reagents for processing test kits lies with the CDC
Responsibility for not purchasing other supplies and equipment before they are back ordered lies with the Pandemic Response Team
Responsibility of Creation of the Guidelines for the states lies with the Pandemic Response Team
Responsibility of funding America's response to the pandemic lies with Congress.
Ect, Ect,
However, the overall Responsibility for American's Response to the Pandemic lies with the President. The president or his staff must coordinate and manage all activities of all government agencies and work with the states on setting division of responsibilities. Ever agency involved reports to the president, every director of the agencies were appointed by the president and serve at his please, and lastly the president has broad powers when it comes to controlling agencies. An order from the president carries weight of the law.

Harry Truman hit nail on the head when he said the Buck stops Here. The voters don't care which of the president's men or agencies fucked up because their name is not ballot.

Last edited:

China owns him .... completely........ his son put his dad on the hook to the Chinese....and other foreign governments because they aren't as competent in their evil as the clinton's are....
And again- it is not the 'left' who claims friendship with dictators- that again would be your Dear Leader
"And I like President Xi a lot. I consider him a friend, and -- but I like him a lot. I've gotten to know him very well. He's a strong gentleman, right? Anybody that -- he's a strong guy, tough guy." (June 30, 2019)
* "President Xi, who is a strong man, I call him King, he said, 'But I am not King, I am president.' I said, 'No, you're president for life and therefore, you're King.' He said, 'Huh. Huh.' He liked that." (April 2, 2019)
* "I had President Xi, who's a friend of mine, who's a very, very good man." (April 12, 2018)
thats called diplomacy ! Trump was trying to get better trade deals for Americas people ! if you think Trump isnt tougher on china than any democrat then you must believe the tariffs on chinese imports and the sanctions on chinese companies are something your comrades enjoy !

Let’s make this clear.

Oh so it came from Mars then.............OK........we go and declare War on ET then...............freaking alien asshole.

Fine with me. I have no problem at all with investigating China- and finding out what China did or did not do.

please explain how the most rapid mobilization of the government and the private sector [emphasis on the private sector] in 75 yrs to fight this virus is a failure ..

Oh do I really need to spell it out for you- well you Trumpkins do have a problem with facts
Lets review the facts:
The United States leads the world in both coronavirus cases and coronavirus deaths- over 80,000 Americans have died from coronavirus during Trump's watch.
Our deaths per 100K/population are 28.10- which puts us ahead of the UK and France- but far behind Canada with 16.27, Germany with 9.74 and Poland with 2.5 and South Korea- which had its first case the same day as the United States- with an astonishingly low .51.

What explanation do you have for why the United States so many more deaths per capita than Germany and South Korea- who had just as much warning as the United States?
If having 3 times more Americans die than Germans is not considered a failure of leadership what is? Football coaches have been replaced for doing better than that.

A few more points:
Under Trump:
The United States lagged far behind South Korea and Germany in sending out tests- and when it did send out the first tests- 3 weeks after Germany and South Korea- they were defective.
The United States- when a U.S. manufacturer offered to ramp up production of American made masks- repeatedly- in January- but the Trump administration turned them down.
Trump repeatedly downplayed the significance of the coronavirus- including this gem from February:

“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”

As of today- there are now 1,000,000 times more cases than when Trump told Americans it would be down to zero within a couple of days.

View attachment 338740
Outside of a few hotspots in Blue States handled by democrat governors, this nation did quite well.
I don't think that it was Trump who told those states to put infected patients in with the nursing homes.
Should be blaming China and WHO for all the misinformation regarding the severity of this virus.
But, I see your not, you're blaming Trump, which leads me to believe it's just all political
Oh you really shouldn't just get all of your information from Trump and Fox News.

How is China to blame for the fact that the United States has far, far more deaths per capita than South Korea or Germany?

I have no problem with blaming China for its failures- again- I can't find any 'liberal' who defends China- only Trump- but we won't be voting November on how China handled the pandemic that has killed over 80,000 Americans- we will be voting on whether Trump did a good job.
Might want to look at the governors of those states that have the high death rate and see what they were doing.
US death rate is about 1/2-1/3 of those first world countries with govt run healthcare.

Oops!

I don't support Trump, but I don't blame Trump for anything over health care because that is not the job of a president in the US.

And they attribute that to the efficiency of their socialized medicine with better access and more invested.
No, the govt run healthcare countries didn’t do best. Look at the death rate for them...2-3 times what it is in the US.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Global Deaths

Coronavirus (COVID-19) U.S. Deaths

CountryDeathsDeaths /
1M pop
New
Deaths
TestsEstimated
Cases
Confirmed
Cases
Confirmed Case
Fatality Rate
Confirmed Cases /
1M pop
Seasonal Flu Deaths1
(CDC/WHO 2017)
362,776----5,937,200---
United States103,345315.9+1516,333,027-1,768,8685.84%5,406.640,905
United Kingdom37,837569.1-3,918,079-269,12714.06%4,047.713,879
Italy33,142548.4-3,683,144-231,73214.30%3,834.610,058
France28,662427.9-1,384,633-186,23815.39%2,780.29,199
Spain27,119580.4-3,556,567-284,9869.52%6,099.48,091
Brazil26,764127.8-871,839-438,8126.10%2,094.916,910
Belgium9,430825.6+42836,879-58,06116.24%5,083.22,662
Mexico9,04471.7+447244,858-81,40011.11%645.16,075
Germany8,574103.4+43,952,971-182,4954.70%2,200.616,876
Iran**7,67793.9+50896,571-146,6685.23%1,793.03,156
Canada6,877185.6-1,585,235-88,5127.77%2,388.44,569
Netherlands5,931344.2+28348,256-46,12612.86%2,676.92,312
India4,7973.5+863,483,838-167,4512.86%123.8362,108
China*4,6343.3---82,9955.58%59.691,814
Turkey4,46154.2-1,928,209-160,9792.77%1,955.55,613
Russia4,37430.3+23210,000,061-387,6231.13%2,682.918,654
Sweden4,350427.2+84238,800-36,47611.93%3,582.01,541
Peru4,099128.1-928,797-141,7792.89%4,432.19,212
Ecuador3,313193.9-110,812-38,4718.61%2,251.81,444
Switzerland1,919225.3-390,697-30,8286.22%3,619.81,342
Ireland1,639337.7-325,795-24,8416.60%5,118.2510
Indonesia1,5205.7+24300,545-25,2166.03%94.259,453
Portugal1,383134.5+14778,698-31,9464.33%3,107.12,020
Pakistan1,3176.2+57520,017-64,0282.06%301.742,650
Romania1,24063.7+5421,451-18,9826.53%974.73,076
Poland1,04327.5+5873,456-22,9644.54%604.74,119
Philippines9218.6-323,819-15,5885.91%146.218,065
Chile89047.5-530,173-86,9431.02%4,642.12,235
Japan8676.9-281,293-16,6835.20%131.938,951
Egypt8458.6-135,000-20,7934.06%211.322,843

Let’s make this clear.

Lets review the facts:

A few more points:
Under Trump:

View attachment 338740

Oops!

Responsibility for ordering the mass production of tests lies with either Homeland Security or Pandemic Response Team.
Responsibility for maintaining the stockpile of PPEs lies with the Office of Management of the Strategic National Stock Pile.
Responsibility for not purchasing reagents for processing test kits lies with the CDC
Responsibility for not purchasing other supplies and equipment before they are back ordered lies with the Pandemic Response Team
Responsibility of Creation of the Guidelines for the states lies with the Pandemic Response Team
Responsibility of funding America's response to the pandemic lies with Congress.
Ect, Ect,
However, the overall Responsibility for American's Response to the Pandemic lies with the President. The president or his staff must coordinate and manage all activities of all government agencies and work with the states on setting division of responsibilities. Ever agency involved reports to the president, every director of the agencies were appointed by the president and serve at his please, and lastly the president has broad powers when it comes to controlling agencies. An order from the president carries weight of the law.

Harry Truman hit nail on the head when he said the Buck stops Here. The voters don't care which of the president's men or agencies fucked up because their name is not ballot.

I disagree.
The federal government is not authorized to have anything to do with health care according to the constitution.
Socialized medicine has to be local, not federal.
A country like German is really just the size of state in the US.
Think of Germany has a state.
What you are suggesting is that health care be done not by states like Germany, but by the EU.
And clearly that would never work.
You can never do health care from a government structure that large.
Health care should be local, and by law must be.

Executive orders to not at all carry the weight of law, which can only come from the legislature.
The only time executive orders are even legal, is when congressional legislation leaves implementation details up to the executive to fill in. Presidents are severely restricted in authority, and the whole point of the Bill of Rights is to deny powers to the federal government in general, except when absolutely necessary.

Let’s make this clear.

Lets review the facts:

A few more points:
Under Trump:

View attachment 338740

Oops!

No, the govt run healthcare countries didn’t do best. Look at the death rate for them...2-3 times what it is in the US.

CountryDeathsDeaths /
1M pop
New
Deaths
TestsEstimated
Cases
Confirmed
Cases
Confirmed Case
Fatality Rate
Confirmed Cases /
1M pop
Seasonal Flu Deaths1
(CDC/WHO 2017)
362,776----5,937,200---

The death rate of Germany is a third that of the US, and Canada is half that of the US, so then clearly many countries with socialized medicine did much better than the US.
The problem of some of the other socialized countries, like Italy, is they were hit first so did not have time to prepare like the US did, because they are much denser so could not isolate or trace easily, and they also have a higher ratio of elderly.

Let’s make this clear.

Lets review the facts:

A few more points:
Under Trump:

View attachment 338740

Oops!

CountryDeathsDeaths /
1M pop
New
Deaths
TestsEstimated
Cases
Confirmed
Cases
Confirmed Case
Fatality Rate
Confirmed Cases /
1M pop
Seasonal Flu Deaths1
(CDC/WHO 2017)
362,776----5,937,200---

The death rate of Germany is a third that of the US, and Canada is half that of the US, so then clearly many countries with socialized medicine did much better than the US.
The problem of some of the other socialized countries, like Italy, is they were hit first so did not have time to prepare like the US did, because they are much denser so could not isolate or trace easily, and they also have a higher ratio of elderly.

You are a liar.

US: 5.84%
Germany: 4.7% (that isn't 1/3 of 5.84)
Canada: 7.77%( that isn't 1/2 of 5.84)

Did you even look at the chart?

What about:

UK 14.06
Italy 14.30
France 15.39
Spain 9.52
Belgium16.24
Netherlands 12.86

I could go on.............

Let’s make this clear.

Lets review the facts:

A few more points:
Under Trump:

View attachment 338740

Oops!

Ect, Ect,

I disagree.
The federal government is not authorized to have anything to do with health care according to the constitution.
Socialized medicine has to be local, not federal.
A country like German is really just the size of state in the US.
Think of Germany has a state.
What you are suggesting is that health care be done not by states like Germany, but by the EU.
And clearly that would never work.
You can never do health care from a government structure that large.
Health care should be local, and by law must be.

Executive orders to not at all carry the weight of law, which can only come from the legislature.
The only time executive orders are even legal, is when congressional legislation leaves implementation details up to the executive to fill in. Presidents are severely restricted in authority, and the whole point of the Bill of Rights is to deny powers to the federal government in general, except when absolutely necessary.
I'm not going argue division of responsibility between the federal government and states. As we all know, what the founding fathers believed over two centuries ago and the way the country actually functions varies quite a bit.

In regard to healthcare congress has firmly established the federal government's place in healthcare. The CDC's responsibility is to supports the promotion of health, prevention and preparedness activities in the United States, with the goal of improving overall public health. States through public and private facilities certainly have responsibility of healthcare delivery and regulation. Since epidemics cross state lines, the federal goverment has the responsibility of supporting state healthcare and controlling the spread of the epidemic throughout the country. The overall responsibility for the administration response lies with the president but each agency such as the CDC and FDA has its own responsibilities within it's area of authority.

Last edited:

Let’s make this clear.

Lets review the facts:

A few more points:
Under Trump:

View attachment 338740

Oops!

CountryDeathsDeaths /
1M pop
New
Deaths
TestsEstimated
Cases
Confirmed
Cases
Confirmed Case
Fatality Rate
Confirmed Cases /
1M pop
Seasonal Flu Deaths1
(CDC/WHO 2017)
362,776----5,937,200---

You are a liar.

What about:

UK 14.06
Italy 14.30
France 15.39
Spain 9.52
Belgium16.24
Netherlands 12.86

I could go on.............

There are many factors that effect the spread of a disease and how well healthcare facilities deal with it. I doubt who pays for the healthcare is that significant. The most important factor in preventing the spread and thus the number reported cases is isolating symptomatic individuals and tracing and quarantining their contacts which is not related to who pays medical bills, the individual or government.

An argument that socialize medicine is responsible for high or low death counts in a country is ridiculous. The reason being, there are many factors that effect mortality of infected patients such as age of the population, overall health of the population, and the per capita healthcare spending. To support an argument that socialized medicine results in more or less deaths, you would have to take into account the above factors plus you would have to consider the degree of socialized medicine that exist. Most countries have hybrid system in which there is government and private pay.

What is the goal?

To tell the truth, instead of pushing the lies and propaganda being pushed by the Trump Administration.

There are many factors that effect the spread of a disease and how well healthcare facilities deal with it. I doubt who pays for the healthcare is that significant. The most important factor in preventing the spread and thus the number reported cases is isolating symptomatic individuals and tracing and quarantining their contacts which is not related to who pays medical bills, the individual or government.

An argument that socialize medicine is responsible for high or low death counts in a country is ridiculous. The reason being, there are many factors that effect mortality of infected patients such as age of the population, overall health of the population, and the per capita healthcare spending. To support an argument that socialized medicine results in more or less deaths, you would have to take into account the above factors plus you would have to consider the degree of socialized medicine that exist. Most countries have hybrid system in which there is government and private pay.

There is one thing that the nations with the worst response to the outbreak have in common:

#Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Deaths/
1M pop
Total
Tests
Tests/
1M pop
Population
World6,023,153+122,246366,374+4,8252,655,6433,001,13653,72477347.0
1USA1,792,870+24,409104,525+1,195519,2821,169,06317,2035,41931616,787,17350,743330,827,597
2Brazil466,200+27,38827,923+1,159193,181245,0968,3182,195131871,8394,104212,422,152
3Russia387,623+8,5724,374+232159,257223,9922,3002,6563010,000,06168,527145,928,996
4Spain285,644+65827,121+2196,95861,5656176,1105803,556,56776,07146,753,197
5UK271,222+2,09538,161+324N/AN/A1,5593,9975624,043,68659,59467,853,964
6Italy232,248+51633,229+87152,84446,1754753,8415503,755,27962,10260,469,504

Five of the top 6 countries for cases and death, are lead by strongman authoritarians, who don't take science seriously.

Donald Trump, the Brazilian Trump, Vlad Putin (Trump's fanboy Idol), the British Trump, and the Italian Trump. The type of leader who ordinarly "shoots the messenger" and doesn't like to hear bad news, is exactly the kind of guy who ignores the dangers of the pandemic and the risks to his people.

The most cases and the most deaths in the world. While Trump ignored the danger, downplayed the risk, and now pretends that it's all over but casting the blame. It's time for everyone to get back to work.

There is one thing that the nations with the worst response to the outbreak have in common:

#Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Deaths/
1M pop
Total
Tests
Tests/
1M pop
Population
World6,023,153+122,246366,374+4,8252,655,6433,001,13653,72477347.0
1USA1,792,870+24,409104,525+1,195519,2821,169,06317,2035,41931616,787,17350,743330,827,597
2Brazil466,200+27,38827,923+1,159193,181245,0968,3182,195131871,8394,104212,422,152
3Russia387,623+8,5724,374+232159,257223,9922,3002,6563010,000,06168,527145,928,996
4Spain285,644+65827,121+2196,95861,5656176,1105803,556,56776,07146,753,197
5UK271,222+2,09538,161+324N/AN/A1,5593,9975624,043,68659,59467,853,964
6Italy232,248+51633,229+87152,84446,1754753,8415503,755,27962,10260,469,504

Five of the top 6 countries for cases and death, are lead by strongman authoritarians, who don't take science seriously.

Donald Trump, the Brazilian Trump, Vlad Putin (Trump's fanboy Idol), the British Trump, and the Italian Trump. The type of leader who ordinarly "shoots the messenger" and doesn't like to hear bad news, is exactly the kind of guy who ignores the dangers of the pandemic and the risks to his people.

The most cases and the most deaths in the world. While Trump ignored the danger, downplayed the risk, and now pretends that it's all over but casting the blame. It's time for everyone to get back to work.
An authoritarian will always have problems trying to deal with an epidemic because an epidemic is controlled through cooperation not exercise of power. You don't win an epidemic, you survive it.

You are a liar.

Do you read your own [posts and look at your own charts?

Ohh and that Case fatality rate?

That's pretty horrendous. Trying for "herd immunity" with those kinds of numbers are going to make for some very full cemeteries

Forum List

Back