Why Do Democrats Give So Little to Charity to Help Those in Need?

Bullshit bro. Are you stupid? My dad was in a union at Ford. In fact, it wasn't even the UAW union. But still he got a pension (took the buyout) after 20 years and to this day still gets benefits from Ford. My dad never even graduated high school and has a net worth of $800,000 today. Yes he saved like a mother fucker but his pay tripled the day he got that job at Ford.

Who are you trying to kid?

You don't realize you swallowed that bullshit. It was all to break the unions and send jobs overseas for the cheaper labor. You were happy then now you are confused. You want the jobs to come back but at $15 hr.
The Teamsters Union cut pension benefits to its retirees. Some lost 50% of their pension because of Union mismanagement.

the fact you don't know that causes an increase in pricing is shameful. Pensions are corporation killers. Just look at the state of Illinois. hahahahahahahaha I wish you knew something.
They say it does but when they sent jobs overseas, prices didn't go down. The extra money the corporation made from sending jobs overseas went to the CEO and shareholders.

They also said Walmart and China would bring prices down. It didn't. Or, it did for a minute but then they jacked the prices right back up to where they are now.

Sorry, you don't get lower prices by buying from a non union company

non-union plants are at a disadvantage because union wages are better, the shops are safer, workers' rights are better represented and disciplinary actions are covered by a grievance procedure.

Is the Honda Civic cheaper than the Ford Fusion?

They say it does but when they sent jobs overseas, prices didn't go down. The extra money the corporation made from sending jobs overseas went to the CEO and shareholders.

They also said Walmart and China would bring prices down. It didn't. Or, it did for a minute but then they jacked the prices right back up to where they are now.

Sorry, you don't get lower prices by buying from a non union company

non-union plants are at a disadvantage because union wages are better, the shops are safer, workers' rights are better represented and disciplinary actions are covered by a grievance procedure.

Is the Honda Civic cheaper than the Ford Fusion?
Unions will be going the way of dinosaurs as most workers are rejecting them.

The Teamsters Union cut pension benefits to its retirees. Some lost 50% of their pension because of Union mismanagement.

Well instead of this

How much is the average Teamsters pension?

$5,500 (approximately) for 30 and out at any age.

Now we see American workers don't make nearly as much as they used to but CEO's and VP's in America make more than ever. If you're happy with this, so am I. Because I make PLENTY and someone in my family is a VP who benefits from your way. So I'm good with this.

I don't think American workers in general are but hey, fuck them right?

and each party allowed that to happen. It's why there is trump. Tariffs made those corporations have to spend more money on product coming in and out of the country to China. Ouch. It hurt them. You saved them. You are an enabler.

and each party allowed that to happen. It's why there is trump. Tariffs made those corporations have to spend more money on product coming in and out of the country to China. Ouch. It hurt them. You saved them. You are an enabler.
Yes, Trump said he was a different kind of Republican. One who didn't like sending jobs overseas. It's crazy because before Trump, we were the party against sending jobs overseas. We still are. But NAFTA was enacted and now we live in a global economy. NOW you Republicans want to bring jobs back but again, only at $15 hr and shitty benefits. Your motto must be something is better than nothing.

And hey, maybe one day you'll become management and so you will make more than those under paid workers. Are you there yet? If I recall, you're a broke ass right?

Automation will replace many union worker's jobs. You can't stop progress.
someone must maintain all of that automation, so technically, they still have work. Just different labor.

And hey, maybe one day you'll become management and so you will make more than those under paid workers. Are you there yet? If I recall, you're a broke ass right?
two homes
two cars
two boats

million in IRA's

I'm really well off and never joined a union. Can you fking believe that?

he has no clue.
You've been brainwashed dummy

If Unions Are Breaking Automakers, Why Are BMW and Mercedes So Rich?​

In Germany, auto workers get paid well and their companies still profit. Author Thom Hartmann on why living wages and corporate success don't have to be mutually exclusive.​

Actually, Germany paid their autoworkers about $67 an hour (including wages and benefits). But the United States paid its average worker only $33 an hour (also including wages and benefits). On top of that, German car manufacturers were highly profitable, despite the comparatively large paychecks of their workers. BMW earned a before-tax profit of 3.8 billion euros, and Mercedes-Benz hauled in profits of 4.6 billion euros.

So how did Germany just completely blow up the myth that car companies have to pay their workers less to be more profitable and manufacture more cars? How can Germany do the opposite: pay their workers more, be more profitable, and make more cars?

The answer: democracy.

Like I said. In 1999, 1998, 1997, Ford and GM had record profits and paid record profit sharing. Suddenly George Bush gets into office and during a recession Republicans wage war on union workers. As if the recession was their fault. When things were good (under Clinton) there was no problem just like in Germany today.

two homes
two cars
two boats

million in IRA's

I'm really well off and never joined a union. Can you fking believe that?
If I would have went to Ford when I was 17 (I graduated young) I would have retired at 47 with a 30 year pension. Instead I went to college and I make $100K a year today but still I have to work until I'm 62. That's an extra 15 years I have to work because I went to a non union company.

A part of me didn't like the fact that these blue collar workers were paid better than me but this is what made America great.

You've been brainwashed dummy

If Unions Are Breaking Automakers, Why Are BMW and Mercedes So Rich?​

In Germany, auto workers get paid well and their companies still profit. Author Thom Hartmann on why living wages and corporate success don't have to be mutually exclusive.​

Actually, Germany paid their autoworkers about $67 an hour (including wages and benefits). But the United States paid its average worker only $33 an hour (also including wages and benefits). On top of that, German car manufacturers were highly profitable, despite the comparatively large paychecks of their workers. BMW earned a before-tax profit of 3.8 billion euros, and Mercedes-Benz hauled in profits of 4.6 billion euros.

So how did Germany just completely blow up the myth that car companies have to pay their workers less to be more profitable and manufacture more cars? How can Germany do the opposite: pay their workers more, be more profitable, and make more cars?

The answer: democracy.

Like I said. In 1999, 1998, 1997, Ford and GM had record profits and paid record profit sharing. Suddenly George Bush gets into office and during a recession Republicans wage war on union workers. As if the recession was their fault. When things were good (under Clinton) there was no problem just like in Germany today.

Furthermore, many workers were reportedly happy with current wages, felt that the company treated them well, and did not want the union to damage or muddy that dynamic. The vote has left Volkswagen still looking for a way to create a works council, even without the UAW

Let the pissing contest begin.

If I would have went to Ford when I was 17 (I graduated young) I would have retired at 47 with a 30 year pension. Instead I went to college and I make $100K a year today but still I have to work until I'm 62. That's an extra 15 years I have to work because I went to a non union company.

A part of me didn't like the fact that these blue collar workers were paid better than me but this is what made America great.
pensions, union busters. You just proved why!!!!

Forum List

Back