Why do civilized first world nations have laws and policy that may infringe on personal liberties?

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
MEXIFORNIA
In a nation where more than 45% do not contribute and where trillions of taxpayer dollars is spent on “general welfare” shouldn’t it be the goal of lawmakers to protect the checking accounts of good American taxpayers through law and order even it means infringement of personal liberties?

Because it is understood that, in a society with a higher standard of living, everyone benefits.

Because it is understood that, in a society with a higher standard of living, everyone benefits.

Higher standard of living is achieved because you free load?

That's not the case in any way. Perhaps Venezuela would be a better place to be if you think that.

Many times we benefit from a lower standard of living ...

maxresdefault.jpg

Sometimes yes, as not just people using government assistance achieve higher standards of living in a healthier and more financially secure society. Basically, the not-so-clever OP is trying to intimate that taxes are theft. So we can cut the crap and just have that stupid discussion that had a winner and loser centuries ago. Of course that would be a waste of time. So, better to try to understand why we have safety nets and why we have the ones we have.

Sometimes yes, as not just people using government assistance achieve higher standards of living in a healthier and more financially secure society. Basically, the not-so-clever OP is trying to intimate that taxes are theft. So we can cut the crap and just have that stupid discussion that had a winner and loser centuries ago. Of course that would be a waste of time. So, better to try to understand why we have safety nets and why we have the ones we have.

The OP is right, taxes are theft by definition. No need to intimate, basic logic is enough.

If you don't even get such basic logic right, hard to continue with your point.

We have so many safety nets because there are too many morons like you. A thing we are trying to fix. This is certainly not good for the standard of living.

Logic is idiotic?
It wasn't "logic", it was a statement. So you are not using words correctly.

Again, I am not going to have that moron's debate with you. I am sure you can find someone here willing to waste their time on it.

Basically, the not-so-clever OP is trying to intimate that taxes are theft.”
While I agree 100%....taxes are in fact theft that wasn’t really the intended ‘gist’ of the post.

While I agree 100%....taxes are in fact theft that wasn’t really the intended ‘gist’ of the post.
Of course it was. I saw it coming a mile away.

Negative...
Think once....why shouldn’t there be laws and policy to prevent our taxpayer dependent bottom feeders from falling deeper into the abyss? Laws should be framed to help or force those people out of their own self perpetuated plight. How is that possible when we’re legalizing marijuana and supportive of legalizing prostitution?

Negative...
Think once....why shouldn’t there be laws and policy to prevent our taxpayer dependent bottom feeders from falling deeper into the abyss? Laws should be framed to help or force those people out of their own self perpetuated plight. How is that possible when we’re legalizing marijuana and supportive of legalizing prostitution?
And, by "force" them out, you mean kill or jail them.

Forum List

Back