Why didn't Obama replenish the N95 mask national supply that was depleted after the H1N1 outbreak of 2009 ?

Interesting how in over three years, Trump did not replenish any
tmmda200401.gif

But of course the left and their media will never do any significant reporting on this.
(hint to our board libs: Trump was not president in 2009, nor 2010, nor 2011, nor 2012, nor 2013, nor 2014, nor 2015, nor 2016)

"the H1N1 influenza outbreak in 2009, which triggered a nationwide shortage of masks and caused a 2- to 3-year backlog orders for the N95 variety, the stockpile distributed about three-quarters of its inventory and didn’t build back the supply."

In have an idea. Why don't you lying assfucks show me where Congress funded them and Obama said no.

Furthermore, your fat asssed orange buddy has been President for 3/4 of a complete 4 year term. At what point is anything is his fault? He was briefed. We had a Pandemic office in the NSC. What the fuck happened to it?
The primary responsibility for PPE, ventilators and other medical equipment belongs to the states and local government

new york failed to maintain m95 masks and other necessary supplies and now coumo is doing CYA

at the same time the federal government should have replenished its stocks also

so there is blame to go around including Dr Fauci

But of course the left and their media will never do any significant reporting on this.
(hint to our board libs: Trump was not president in 2009, nor 2010, nor 2011, nor 2012, nor 2013, nor 2014, nor 2015, nor 2016)

"the H1N1 influenza outbreak in 2009, which triggered a nationwide shortage of masks and caused a 2- to 3-year backlog orders for the N95 variety, the stockpile distributed about three-quarters of its inventory and didn’t build back the supply."

In have an idea. Why don't you lying assfucks show me where Congress funded them and Obama said no.

Furthermore, your fat asssed orange buddy has been President for 3/4 of a complete 4 year term. At what point is anything is his fault? He was briefed. We had a Pandemic office in the NSC. What the fuck happened to it?
The primary responsibility for PPE, ventilators and other medical equipment belongs to the states and local government

new york failed to maintain m95 masks and other necessary supplies and now coumo is doing CYA

Expecting each state to predict the severity of infection and properly stock for it is no way to do business. New York is among the worst in the world. Should every state stock as if they will be the worst infected in the world?

The smart way is for each state to stock at a base level. The Federal Government should stock to fill the voids when the pandemic hits.

Trump is working each state against each other and blaming the states that have the worst infections.

Expecting each state to predict the severity of infection and properly stock for it is no way to do business. New York is among the worst in the world. Should every state stock as if they will be the worst infected in the world?

The smart way is for each state to stock at a base level. The Federal Government should stock to fill the voids when the pandemic hits.

Trump is working each state against each other and blaming the states that have the worst infections.
I think that is already the plan

unfortunately most states and the feds have been asleep at the wheel

but one obvious problem is relying on china to produce for us instead of making it here

Restocking in 2009 wouldn't have helped unless there was continuous replacement and restocking. N95 masks have an expiration date 'cause they'll start to deteriorate over time. I hope everyone learns something from this dreadful experience.

Restocking in 2009 wouldn't have helped unless there was continuous replacement and restocking. N95 masks have an expiration date 'cause they'll start to deteriorate over time. I hope everyone learns something from this dreadful experience.
Trump came into office in Jan 2017.
He was given an infectious disease team to advise on the potential for an epidemic and assess readiness

Trump made no changes to existing stock and disbanded his pandemic team as unnecessary

He was given an infectious disease team to advise on the potential for an epidemic and assess readiness

Trump made no changes to existing stock and disbanded his pandemic team as unnecessary
tmdsh200401.gif

Yeah, that really sucks, and it also sucks that Obama had 8 years, and didn't get those supplies stocked up as well.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in February or March, when the CDC told Trump
  1. No - we cannot perform enough COVID-19 tests, because we have an FDA rule preventing us from doing that
  2. No - we don’t have enough PPE in the stockpile, because we never restocked any of it after the SARS and H1N1 outbreak
  3. No- we don’t have enough ventilators, we haven’t had enough ventilators, even though we were told about it almost two decades ago.
  4. Oh, but we spent $15 billion telling taxpayers how to eat better, $90 million on taxpayer grants to Chinese researchers, and $106 million on a really nice visitor center decorated with waterfalls and Japanese gardens and a $200,000 fitness center with saunas and zero-gravity chairs.

Did you have any links to back any of that or did you hear that on Hannity or Limpbaugh today.
If you didn't troll, and asked respectfully, I would have provided them, but...

I have the links, to all of that, why don't you? A simple 5 minute Google search should find them all for you.
BULLSHIT!
You are the one whose too ignorant to do the Goggle search. You think your being vulgar towards me will motivate me to hold your hand, by me going thru the trouble of posting links?

I do not suffer fools, especially vulgar trolls. Stay ignorant, this way the little faux bubble you live will stay in tatact.
Thank you for admitting you got NOTHING!!!!!
I'm not going to hold your hand. You are just lazy, you think ranting and bitching are a replacement for knowledge

About this rating
What's True
The U.S. federal stockpile of N95 protective face masks was largely depleted during the 2009 swine flu outbreak and was not restocked.
What's False
However, the Obama administration was not solely responsible for the current shortage of masks. In the intervening years, the stockpile went unreplenished as the Trump administration failed to heed indications that dramatic shortages could occur.
Why didn't Trump replenish the supply? What he did was to disband the pandemic task force that was formed by Obama.
The answer is simple, the same lazy and incompetent career professionals whose job it is to restock the masks, were the same people working under Obama, and now Trump. They didn't replenish supplies in 2009, they didn't do it in 2019 either.

I assure you, neither Trump nor Obama spent the wee hours of their mornings pouring over the databases and spread sheets, checking up on the CDC to see if they restocked PPE.

Each of the state legislatures create laws and regulations which dictate how many items, and which type of items, go into there state emergency stockpiles. They write their own laws which decide how many beans, brooms and band-aids go into their stockpile. They stock food, water, fuel, etc... to take care of their state, counties and cities, in case of a flood, tornado etc...

It is each state's responsibility to make sure their emergency supplies are always stocked and resupplied, in accordance with their own state laws and regulations. It's one thing if a state followed their own laws and had the designated amount of PPE, etc... in their stockpiles. And then when a pandemic like this one hits, they sadly find out they underestimated.

However, it's another thing altogether, if the state government chose to ignore those laws and decided not to stock the required items. Or worse yet, if they decided that instead of stockpiling the required ventilators, they wanted blow a few hundred million dollars on pet projects by their greedy. self-serving politicians.

Any state that refuses to take care of it's own citizens, where their only emergency plan is a one page note that says "Do nothing, just call the federal government for help," well that's a state government that needs to be tossed out, and the people need to elect a new one.

FEMA, the CDC, NIH, or any federal government agency, is slow and ponderous, with a one-size-fits-all foot print. The state and local governments are the ones who know intimately what the needs and wants their citizens are.

When wildfires rage in California, they don't sit on their hands and wait for the feds to show up. When there is a disaster in a state, it's the state that immediately steps into action. Waiting for the feds to show up in a week or so later is not a good plan.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in February or March, when the CDC told Trump
  1. No - we cannot perform enough COVID-19 tests, because we have an FDA rule preventing us from doing that
  2. No - we don’t have enough PPE in the stockpile, because we never restocked any of it after the SARS and H1N1 outbreak
  3. No- we don’t have enough ventilators, we haven’t had enough ventilators, even though we were told about it almost two decades ago.
  4. Oh, but we spent $15 billion telling taxpayers how to eat better, $90 million on taxpayer grants to Chinese researchers, and $106 million on a really nice visitor center decorated with waterfalls and Japanese gardens and a $200,000 fitness center with saunas and zero-gravity chairs.

Did you have any links to back any of that or did you hear that on Hannity or Limpbaugh today.
If you didn't troll, and asked respectfully, I would have provided them, but...

I have the links, to all of that, why don't you? A simple 5 minute Google search should find them all for you.
BULLSHIT!
You are the one whose too ignorant to do the Goggle search. You think your being vulgar towards me will motivate me to hold your hand, by me going thru the trouble of posting links?

I do not suffer fools, especially vulgar trolls. Stay ignorant, this way the little faux bubble you live will stay in tatact.
Thank you for admitting you got NOTHING!!!!!
I'm not going to hold your hand. You are just lazy, you think ranting and bitching are a replacement for knowledge
You got NOTHING!

About this rating
What's True
The U.S. federal stockpile of N95 protective face masks was largely depleted during the 2009 swine flu outbreak and was not restocked.
What's False
However, the Obama administration was not solely responsible for the current shortage of masks. In the intervening years, the stockpile went unreplenished as the Trump administration failed to heed indications that dramatic shortages could occur.
Why didn't Trump replenish the supply? What he did was to disband the pandemic task force that was formed by Obama.
The answer is simple, the same lazy and incompetent career professionals whose job it is to restock the masks, were the same people working under Obama, and now Trump. They didn't replenish supplies in 2009, they didn't do it in 2019 either.

I assure you, neither Trump nor Obama spent the wee hours of their mornings pouring over the databases and spread sheets, checking up on the CDC to see if they restocked PPE.
COVIDIOT Tramp appointed "only the best" head of the CDC, he owns it!

How about just giving the link you got your post info from, instead of playing these games????

About this rating
What's True
What's False

So why don't you tell Trump to stop blaming Obama for the shortage if that's the case.

A State cannot muster the resources that the federal government can to deal with any disaster that might occur for several reasons. First being states can not create money. The federal government has the power to create whatever funds are needed in a disaster. Secondly, the federal government can move supplies and other resources between states as the need arises. Last, for every state to maintain and equivalent to the CDC, FEMA, and other parts of the federal government sufficient to handle any disaster would be wasteful and cost prohibited.

Hospitals with the help of local and state government need to be ready to handle the more common disasters such as fires, floods, storms, explosions, train and plane accidents, etc, not a pandemics the size of which the nation has not seen in a hundreds years.

About this rating
What's True
What's False

So why don't you tell Trump to stop blaming Obama for the shortage if that's the case.

If you're going to blame Trump for failing to build the supply up during his 3 years, then you must also blame Obama for failing to build it up during his 8 years.
See how that works ?

Forum List

Back