Why Did Trump Take The Presidential Documents When He Left Office?

Make no mistake about it, Trump is different. He's not politically correct. Doesn't want to be. That's how he won in 2016 and the left have never been able to accept that.
Political correctness a few years ago meant, avoiding language and actions that insult, exclude or harm people who are already experiencing disadvantage and discrimination. However, with Donald Trump the term has morphed into something quite different, a rallying cry for destruction of the a federal government that protected minorities at the expense of the majority. I think few have considered the end game, abandoning democracy for a more fascist goverment that concentrates the power in a single charismatic leader and a single party so that sweeping changes can be made without the gridlock that is built into our political system.

True.

It’s a national security nightmare.
In regard to national security what can be worse than a president that fails to protect the most secret information, that leaks classified information to our enemies., a president who has so little interest in the security of the nation he attempts to hire political pawns as security advisors.

His national security advisor's description of a Trump weekly security briefing says it best. "“Trump generally had only two intelligence briefings per week, and in most of those, he spoke at greater length than the briefers, often on matters completely unrelated to the subjects at hand.”

"Trump requested we change our twice weekly intelligence briefing to once a week. I suppose it was for the best to do so as he rarely had any interest in the briefings. Every comment he made were on subjects that had nothing to do with security. I think he would have been happy to discontinue them all and send him a memo if the Russians invaded."

Know what I find really interesting about the Trump supporters? When it was announced that Hillary was being investigated, all of them immediately said she was guilty and should be locked up before the investigation actually got started.

Now? Trump is being investigated, and they got the documents which look like it could be trouble for him. All the Trump supporters are screaming that he's innocent and that this is a witch hunt.

Why wasn't it a witch hunt when Hillary was being investigated, but rather something damning she should have been locked up for, yet when it comes to Trump, even though he does have classified material in his possession that he shouldn't, it's being called a witch hunt and he's being unfairly persecuted?

I think those docs were packed up by the GSA, put in boxes and then shipped to Trump when Biden was in office.
he NARA meets with the presidents staff explaining what presidential documents are and that they are not to be sent them to the president. The only way those workers would pack everything is if they were told to do so.

Know what I find really interesting about the Trump supporters? When it was announced that Hillary was being investigated, all of them immediately said she was guilty and should be locked up before the investigation actually got started.

Now? Trump is being investigated, and they got the documents which look like it could be trouble for him. All the Trump supporters are screaming that he's innocent and that this is a witch hunt.

Why wasn't it a witch hunt when Hillary was being investigated, but rather something damning she should have been locked up for, yet when it comes to Trump, even though he does have classified material in his possession that he shouldn't, it's being called a witch hunt and he's being unfairly persecuted?
Because they only see one side and they are committed to supporting that side no matter what.

Imagine if we continue to do nothing.......
And these people get absolute power....to do anything they want to.

(what we see today could be childs play compared to what might come)
As the saying goes, absolute power corrupts absolutely. And that has been the downfall of charismatic dictators and Trump will not be an exception.

Political correctness a few years ago meant, avoiding language and actions that insult, exclude or harm people who are already experiencing disadvantage and discrimination. However, with Donald Trump the term has morphed into something quite different, a rallying cry for destruction of the a federal government that protected minorities at the expense of the majority. I think few have considered the end game, abandoning democracy for a more fascist goverment that concentrates the power in a single charismatic leader and a single party so that sweeping changes can be made without the gridlock that is built into our political system.
It is the left who have turned into the Gestapo, rounding up their enemies, having phony kangaroo investigations, and then finding their victims guilty and imprisoning them. It has reached epoch proportions. The left accuse the right of wanting to take our democracy away but it is the left who are actually doing it.

Why Did Trump Take The Presidential Documents When He Left Office?
Why didn't Trump return the documents to NARA when they asked for them in Feb. 2021?
And if he declassed documents, why didn't he stamp them declassified?
None of this makes any sense.
Having Top Secret Documents and Top Secret - Compartmentalize documents in your home is dangerous. This is the kind of stuff people kill to get.
Lastly, why would Trump destroy some of these documents and leave the pieces of them in boxes to be found?

I think you're giving this blob too much credit. I doubt he knows what documents are in his possession and which ones are not. Trump is for one thing...winning or claiming victory when he's clearly lost which is the case more often than not--hence election fraud claims X 3.

Why did he have the documents in his possession? Because his handlers like Bannon and Miller wanted them. Why were they at Mara Largo? Because Bannon and Miller thought they'd be safe there--that there would be no way the FBI comes to an ex-President's domicile to serve a search warrant. Was anything incriminating in the documents? Sure but not in and of themselves. They will be part of a puzzle. As long as nobody from inside the bunker testifies (like Dean during Watergate), there are no worries.

Miller is probably the easiest to flip at this point since there are no pardons to dangle in front of him for complicity.

This is where the FBI is playing Odie to Trump's Heathcliffe. The blob is filthy dirty. When the FBI gets evidence via their investigating or the OIC or from other investigators, they move on it and Trump just pardons them. It would have been smarter (or more Machiavellian at least) to have waited until the blob oozed out of office before moving. Then you'd see people flipping all over the place since ex presidents can't pardon anyone. A pre-emptive pardon could have been issued but that would look incredibly shady to an already grotesquely criminal enterprise who saw most of it's high command convicted of felonies.

It is the left who have turned into the Gestapo, rounding up their enemies, having phony kangaroo investigations, and then finding their victims guilty and imprisoning them. It has reached epoch proportions. The left accuse the right of wanting to take our democracy away but it is the left who are actually doing it.
So the Right has been the champion of equal rights for women, gays, blacks, and the homeless and the poor. I don't think so. The Right serves the middle white majority voters. If they had their way they would turn the clock back to 1950.

Forum List

Back