Why did these 3 "Republicans" vote against impeachment of Mayorkas who violated the law?

"But while Republicans have spent ample time arguing that violation of immigration laws alone is grounds for impeachment, they haven’t devoted as much time to breaking down how Mayorkas has done so.

The bulk of the GOP argument fixates on language in the law that says migrants “shall” be detained while they await removal from the country.

It’s a standard that has never been met — the U.S. didn’t have enough beds to do so even in 1996, when the statute was updated.

It would be a logistical impossibility to hold in detention every migrant who crosses the border, and no administration has done so."

"Republicans taking the word “shall” as “an absolute command from which the secretary of Homeland Security cannot deviate is a radical departure from the way that every presidential administration, including Republican presidential administrations, have interpreted that exact language,” César Cuauhtémoc García Hernández, a law professor at Ohio State University, told The Hill.

“The inevitable conflict is that there is a law that Congress does not equip the department to enforce and so the leadership of the department has to decide who to prioritize … Politicians disagree over exactly who to prioritize, but fundamentally, one administration after another is simply choosing who to go after given the reality that they cannot target everyone.”

Briben said b4 getting into (crashing) the White House

that he wouldn't just open the border to all

Then as soon as he was inaugurated, he UN-did all of Trump's border policies...

The border is too important to be left in the hands of the fed govt.

See Gov. Abbott... lawsuits against same

These 3 do not care about the Constitution as they claim to. If they don't see what's happening at our... what used to be our border as an Invasion, they are either blind or incredibly DULL witted. They should join the Party of Dimwits, then and stop voting against real Rs and the American people.

I have viewed their arguments and they fall flat..

Here is their position-- from the site

"Secretary Mayorkas is guilty of maladministration of our immigration laws on a cosmic scale. But we know that’s not grounds for impeachment, because the American Founders specifically rejected it," McClintock said on the House floor. "They didn’t want political disputes to become impeachment because that would shatter the separation of powers that vests the enforcement of the laws with the president, no matter how bad a job he does."

POLITICAL disputes?!

What the F!

It's not politics, you Morons! It is NATIONAL SECURITY being THROWN AWAY

*&^%$#@

But What do they care? They (likely) have armed security! Selfish bastards!

:mad:
I think that impeaching Mayorkas at this point is a bad idea. He is nothing more than a pawn of FJB, so why diffuse the spotlight on the real culprit? This would allow the Dems to accuse the GOP of using the same "political prosecution" that they accuse the Dems of using. Why make Mayorkas into an Hispanic martyr?

I think that impeaching Mayorkas at this point is a bad idea. He is nothing more than a pawn of FBJ, so why diffuse the spotlight on the real culprit? This would allow the Dems to accuse the GOP of using the same "political prosecution" that they accuse the Dems of using. Why make Mayorkas into an Hispanic martyr?
IF he is impeachable, and I say he is (though I'm not an attorney), he should definitely be impeached. And none of the "reasons" for NOT doing so made the slightest impression on me. That's because we have been INVADED.

There is no time for pussy footing around... We are undergoing an invasion that can destroy our country, economically and otherwise...

Therefore, to hell with all the alleged reasons for not impeaching this traitor

Why is "Republicans" in quotes in the thread title? Wingnuts keep telling me that Republicans don't vote in lockstep, and that that's a good thing.
Do I scare you, 1miseryindex ? Are afraid to engage in debate with me? Or do you just not have an answer and feel it's better to not say anything at all, hoping it will go away? I get that a lot from rightwingers here.

We need to deport the hard MAGA to their legacy countries. Now.
cm4a78mpnehc1.jpeg

These 3 do not care about the Constitution as they claim to. If they don't see what's happening at our... what used to be our border as an Invasion, they are either blind or incredibly DULL witted. They should join the Party of Dimwits, then and stop voting against real Rs and the American people.

"Secretary Mayorkas is guilty of maladministration of our immigration laws on a cosmic scale. But we know that’s not grounds for impeachment, because the American Founders specifically rejected it," McClintock said on the House floor. "They didn’t want political disputes to become impeachment because that would shatter the separation of powers that vests the enforcement of the laws with the president, no matter how bad a job he does."

POLITICAL disputes?!

What the F!

*&^%$#@

He did not violate any laws. Republicans have guaranteed that they will lose the House in 2024.

POLITICAL disputes?!

What the F!

*&^%$#@

The bulk of the GOP argument fixates on language in the law that says migrants “shall” be detained while they await removal from the country.

It’s a standard that has never been met — the U.S. didn’t have enough beds to do so even in 1996, when the statute was updated.

It would be a logistical impossibility to hold in detention every migrant who crosses the border, and no administration has done so.

see the details here, congress funds about a fourth of the required detention beds.

They don't want to be causalities in the ranks of MAGA losses this fall?

Why did these 3 "Republicans" vote against impeachment of Mayorkas who violated the law?​

Why did these 3 "Republicans" vote against impeachment of Mayorkas who violated the law?​

uhhhhhh, because they did NOT want to be evicted from their home in the swamp? they were outraged at Trump for saying drain the swamp??

I think that impeaching Mayorkas at this point is a bad idea. He is nothing more than a pawn of FJB, so why diffuse the spotlight on the real culprit? This would allow the Dems to accuse the GOP of using the same "political prosecution" that they accuse the Dems of using. Why make Mayorkas into an Hispanic martyr?
Impeachment is not enough.

Fire the asshole.

Forum List

Back