Why did people who went to American high schools during the 80s and 90s end up becoming morbidly obese by the 2000s?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
Once graduating back in 2012 I moved forward and never looked back.

It seems like a lot of the Footballers became blue collar workers and one of the popular girls is running a MLM. A few more ended up in secretary jobs.

Most of them seemed to have stayed in decent shape except for a few.

On internet forums back in the early 2010s I was always hearing stories about how popular people who went to high school back during during the 80s and 90s ended up getting morbidly obese by the 2000s.

Are "Millennials" too poor to get fat?

Were Millennials more obsessed with fitness?

It seems like a lot of the Footballers became blue collar workers and one of the popular girls is running a MLM. A few more ended up in secretary jobs.

On internet forums back in the early 2010s I was always hearing stories about how popular people who went to high school back during during the 80s and 90s ended up getting morbidly obese by the 2000s.

your classmates graduated only 10 yrs ago .... the ones you are saying are fat graduated 30 and 40 yrs ago .. in 20 to 30 yrs your classmates may be slow moving land mammals too .

I went to school in the '70's, graduating in May 1980. In my school, there were always one or two fat kids, maybe dozens in the whole school. But they were the exception to the rule.

These days, the skinny kids are more rare, and in the middle school where I teach, many kids come in skinny 6th graders and are already getting plump by the end of 8th. Many come in fat already and rarely slim down as puberty sets in.

It's the salt, sugar, and the big food in restaurants, combined with parents working too hard to make ends meet to cook healthy meals.

IDK. I don't weigh the same as in high school but do the same from college give or take 5 pounds on any good holiday. Can't say some of that muscle hasn't been replaced with bubble wrap though.

Because you can sit on your behind and make money...then trade that money to get things done that require actual work.

My rotund neighbor comes over and asks "why are you changing your own tires and oil...it isn't that expensive to have it done.", "why are you building a shed...you can just buy one for just a little more and have it delivered", "why are you working on that old truck...just buy a new one with a warranty."

I'm 48 so I went to school in those years. I'm not even chubby. I know and work with a shit ton of people my age that aren't fat either. I know plenty of fat people my age, but it isn't even the majority.

There are fat kids now, there are fat people who went to school in the 50s and 60s. There are fat people in every demographic.

I have no fucking clue what you're even talking about. It makes no sense. You act as if every single person in a 2 decade period is morbidly obese and that it somehow has something to do with highschool?

Forum List

Back