Why can't we imagine humanity having a future in space anymore?

Because we are mostly suicidal morons, and the future ain't looking too bright. Great thread, I hope I am wrong.

Why can't we imagine humanity having a future in space anymore?

Probably because continued human life on earth is looking more and questionable.

Shows like this were popular in the 90s and 2000s

What happened?

you ever heard of this guy called Elon musk???

Ever heard of a guy named Bill Clinton? His administration gutted NASA's budget to fund Russia's space program.

That's why Russia owns the ISS. The US had to pay Russia to transport our astronauts to the ISS. Yet Russia wouldn't even have a space program if Clinton didn't give them our tax dollars instead of using those funds to forward our own space program.

Why do you think the Clinton camp and their brainwashed useful idiot minions accused Trump of being in cahoots with Russia in the first place? Obviously they were simply accusing him of what they are guilty of doing in order to distract attention away from their corruption.

It's the usual corrupt Democratic party modus operandi.

Last edited:
Shows like this were popular in the 90s and 2000s

What happened?

Because if you go outside, you die (on every known moon and planet anyway). Forget it being "outer space"....that type of life wouldn't be tenable here on earth.

It would be possible but not sustaining or enjoyable for humans involved. My guess is that before that very distant future where Humans have found that place that might sustain human life in any valuable way, we would be better off improving Artificial Intelligence to the point that they can function independently, and use them to colonize places like Mars.... if we found a good reason to do it. Such as simply harvesting rare minerals or other current unknowns.

black science.png

Because we are mostly suicidal morons, and the future ain't looking too bright. Great thread, I hope I am wrong.

Speaking for yourself. Have you ANY IDEA of how hostile the moon and planets are?
THE SLIGHTEST CLUE? No, you could not have.
It is prohibitively expensive and absurd. We're not going anywhere.
Moreover it took Voyagers I and II eleven years to get outside our solar system, or perhaps even Jupiter, I forget. But no spaceship is capable of taking even one person wherever it is you think will be so great.

Forum List

Back