Why can Democrat politicians and hearing witnesses not define "assault weapon?"

They used the weapons available to them. Now any teenage wacko can have real purpose built mass murder weapons and they don't even have to be a good shot. Gun nutters like to talk responsibility but they will never take responsibility for the loose gun laws they want and their politicians pass.
What loose gun laws are you specifically referencing? It's worth noting that Whitman and Oswald had easier access to firearms than we do today, yet they both selected bolt-action weapons as their firearms (Whitman also had an M1 Carbine). Additionally, the so-called "assault weapons" that are often demonized today were also available to Whitman and Oswald. So why are you focusing on the firearms themselves, rather than addressing the mental state of the "teenage wackos" you mentioned above?

I have some guns. I don't talk about them online and I don't worship them like you do. They have no magical powers. I served in the military and know all I feel I need to know about guns. Your gun hobby/religion has a societal cost you will never willingly face.

Your anti-gun fanaticism also has a cost....as seen in Europe between 1939-1945 when the governments of Europe...after registering, banning and confiscating guns, murdered 15 million innocent men, women and children...in just 6 years.

The entire gun murder number in the U.S. for our entire 246 year history is just about 2,460,000

Your anti-gun fanaticism has led to the deaths of close to 200 million people world wide, 15 million in just Western Europe....

You ignorant clod...

What loose gun laws are you specifically referencing? It's worth noting that Whitman and Oswald had easier access to firearms than we do today, yet they both selected bolt-action weapons as their firearms (Whitman also had an M1 Carbine). Additionally, the so-called "assault weapons" that are often demonized today were also available to Whitman and Oswald. So why are you focusing on the firearms themselves, rather than addressing the mental state of the "teenage wackos" you mentioned above?

I was just thinking this today....the M-16...the actual military rifle was around from the 1970s.........and people didn't use it for mass public shootings...............the AR-15 is a civilian rifle, been around for decades as well, and just recently became more popular with transgender murderers because of the anti-gun fanatics making it popular.....more popular than it warrants........

They never want to explain which gun laws they now want passed because then we respond by explaining how those gun laws do not work, won't stop criminals, and are simply ways to increase the taxes, fees, red tape and legal peril for normal gun owners...which is their only real purpose.....making the gun laws so expensive in time, and money, and so dangerous for normal people, that they won't want to take the chance on getting screwed over by the gun laws for a simple paperwork mistake.......

They are tired of actually having their lies exposed to the truth, so they have simply started squawking...."common sense gun control," and refuse to be specific...

I was just thinking this today....the M-16...the actual military rifle was around from the 1970s.........and people didn't use it for mass public shootings...............the AR-15 is a civilian rifle, been around for decades as well, and just recently became more popular with transgender murderers because of the anti-gun fanatics making it popular.....more popular than it warrants........
The AR-15 was available from Colt in 1963/1964 ... 2ish years before Charles Whitman scaled the University of Texas tower at Austin.

Actually, the original Patent on. the AR-15 lists it as a civilian rifle.............it was not a military rifle

The FOIA request itself was prompted from a Nov. 2017 article in The Atlantic in which the magazine, unsurprisingly to anyone familiar with its anti-gun bent, attempted to bolster a claim that “these rifles were meant for the military, not civilians.”

Original ATF AR-15 Classification Refutes Claim that Rifle ‘Not Meant’ for Civilians
Someone else made this post on another thread, so I don't take credit for what I'm about to say. If any infantry Commander were to send his internet armed with AR-15s or ak-47s, he should be court-martialed or dereliction of duty. A company bearing AR-15s would be slaughtered versus a company that had M16s.

It is no more dangerous than any other rifle caliber repeating rifle. With a little practice a lever or bolt action can be fired as quickly as the skilled shooter could aim it.

Your anti-gun fanaticism also has a cost....as seen in Europe between 1939-1945 when the governments of Europe...after registering, banning and confiscating guns, murdered 15 million innocent men, women and children...in just 6 years.

The entire gun murder number in the U.S. for our entire 246 year history is just about 2,460,000

Your anti-gun fanaticism has led to the deaths of close to 200 million people world wide, 15 million in just Western Europe....

You ignorant clod...
You're the worst gun worshiper here. You can't even discuss this issue without flying off on a tangent of your phantom fears and horror stories. You're like a hardcore christian that can't even talk about their faith without preaching the fire and brimstone of hell. Join us here in reality nutter. Right now you just sound crazy.

Scary looking is the real reason Democrats want to ban guns that look scary to them. It is possible that a weak-minded individual with mental disorder might be prompted to violence at the sight of a scary looking gun. Democrats would need to tell us which guns don't scare them I guess.

On the other hand, the sight a 14 year old boy who has been medically, cosmetically and psychologically conditioned by adults to resemble a prepubescent girl could prompt a sick person to sexual abuse but they promote that by posting video of such a child.

The big question here and always has been why you think even the most common sense gun legislation is somehow a total ban on guns. Any rebuttal is full of slippery slope conspiracy theories and based on the premise that simply having some guns is a magical defense against tyranny. No one with any common sense buys these baseless paranoid arguments. Just saying you like to shoot and they make you feel safe doesn't carry enough punch does it?
The 2nd Amendment does!

You ignorant clod...
Why do you continue to post this figment of your imagination instead of actual facts?

If you people end up losing the gun argument it will be because you refuse to mount a reality based argument in favor of not doing a damned thing.
No one is arguing in favor of not doing a damn thing. I mentioned a specific way that this most recent school shooting could have been avoided. Using the checkbox of male female or non-binary as a screening tool to weed out people with mental disorders.

If you disagree with that idea, then it would be for you to make the argument that the feelings of non-binary people are more important than the lives of children.

Well don't do anything. You'll all die out eventually and less cowardly people will come forth to talk about guns in real world terms.
I tried to have that conversation with you, and you ignored it. But I'm an optimist, so I will try again.

Here is my issue with Banning so-called assault weapons, apparently defined as guns that look scary to Democrats:

Shooters who are angry at the world, as a school shooter would by definition have to be, will find a way to express their rage. If not an assault weapon then a weapon that is not an assault weapon. Such as a pistol which mass Shooters very often use.

Remember that they never appear to plan to live through the mass shooting. It is basically suicide by cop. Being as self-centered and inward looking as they are, the suicide by cop would be their primary goal. The mass killings they do before that are secondary. But they must kill to achieve their suicide.

Nearly any weapon, other than a single shot weapon can be fired very rapidly. A single shot weapon must be reloaded with a new bullet every time it is fired. A repeater has a mechanism like a lever or a bolt action that Will Chamber a round that is already in the rifles magazine.

Absent fully automatic fire, which weapons are banned from civilian hands already, there is only a little gain in speed from having a semi-automatic firearm over a firearm that must be cocked to be fired. A standard semi-automatic hunting rifle fires just as quickly as a so-called assault weapon.

In in order to stop school shootings by Banning all firearms, you would have to be able to reliably confiscate millions and millions of existing firearms. You would also have to require police to leave their firearms at work when they go home. Children of police officers are just as capable of Rage at the world as children of plumbers.

No one is arguing in favor of not doing a damn thing. I mentioned a specific way that this most recent school shooting could have been avoided. Using the checkbox of male female or non-binary as a screening tool to weed out people with mental disorders.

If you disagree with that idea, then it would be for you to make the argument that the feelings of non-binary people are more important than the lives of children.

I tried to have that conversation with you, and you ignored it. But I'm an optimist, so I will try again.

Here is my issue with Banning so-called assault weapons, apparently defined as guns that look scary to Democrats:

Shooters who are angry at the world, as a school shooter would by definition have to be, will find a way to express their rage. If not an assault weapon then a weapon that is not an assault weapon. Such as a pistol which mass Shooters very often use.

Remember that they never appear to plan to live through the mass shooting. It is basically suicide by cop. Being as self-centered and inward looking as they are, the suicide by cop would be their primary goal. The mass killings they do before that are secondary. But they must kill to achieve their suicide.

Nearly any weapon, other than a single shot weapon can be fired very rapidly. A single shot weapon must be reloaded with a new bullet every time it is fired. A repeater has a mechanism like a lever or a bolt action that Will Chamber a round that is already in the rifles magazine.

Absent fully automatic fire, which weapons are banned from civilian hands already, there is only a little gain in speed from having a semi-automatic firearm over a firearm that must be cocked to be fired. A standard semi-automatic hunting rifle fires just as quickly as a so-called assault weapon.

In in order to stop school shootings by Banning all firearms, you would have to be able to reliably confiscate millions and millions of existing firearms. You would also have to require police to leave their firearms at work when they go home. Children of police officers are just as capable of Rage at the world as children of plumbers.
Instead of talking to me you ought to be beating your head against the brick wall of the 2nd amendment freaks on the right who will oppose anything whatsoever if it keeps even one person from buying a personal arsenal. They are the most cowardly Americans alive. Their guns are the only way they can sleep at night or go out in public. They have no understanding of how regular people just walk around unarmed and not shitting their pants in terror. Their arguments are ludicrous and often unhinged paranoia. Work on that if you think there needs to be any sort of change.

Instead of talking to me you ought to be beating your head against the brick wall of the 2nd amendment freaks on the right who will oppose anything whatsoever if it keeps even one person from buying a personal arsenal. They are the most cowardly Americans alive. Their guns are the only way they can sleep at night or go out in public. They have no understanding of how regular people just walk around unarmed and not shitting their pants in terror. Their arguments are ludicrous and often unhinged paranoia. Work on that if you think there needs to be any sort of change.
Ok, will do.

I will lobby my congressman to leave nonbinary and add trans to the gender choices on a background check and the anyone who checks either be permanently banned from buying firearms.

And damn any second amendment freak who opposes that!

Ok, will do.

I will lobby my congressman to leave nonbinary and add trans to the gender choices on a background check and the anyone who checks either be permanently banned from buying firearms.

And damn any second amendment freak who opposes that!
Do you think a person bent on mass murder will be deterred by a checkbox? It's such a stupid idea that I can't believe you are still talking about it.

Do you think a person bent on mass murder will be deterred by a checkbox? It's such a stupid idea that I can't believe you are still talking about it.
It's not about deterring them all. People who buy their first gun for their first mass shooting, aren't going to know about firearms regulations and they will probably check that they are trans or non-binary as many of the recent I as have been.

Probably thinking the Biden Administration for honoring them. Or affirming them? Whatever it is they advocate killing our kids to get us to do.

If even a single mass shooting were stopped how could you say it's not worth it?

Why can Democrat politicians and hearing witnesses not define "assault weapon?"​

Because NOBODY CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People, could you just stop the stupid obsession with the name assault weapon? NOBODY CARES. Words don't mean what they MEAN, they mean what they SAY. What this one SAYS is, this is the kind of gun people take into schools and malls and workplaces and restaurants and nightclubs to shoot up the place and get a high body count!! That is what it is FOR. At least now. Could be for other things later, but now? Yeah, massacres, assault weapons, marriage made in heaven. Stop with the obsessive, autistic word focus.

Forum List

Back