Why California is a SHITHOLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the result of liberalism gone wild. No other state should be required to support California by way of taxation.

Beautiful California has gone from red to deep blue and from rich to poor. In fact, itā€™s the poorest state in the union. The state is now the poverty capital of America.

The California state and local governments spent nearly $958 billion from 1992 through 2015 on public welfare programs, including cash-assistance payments, vendor payments, and other ā€œpublic welfareā€ according to Census Bureau.

In an op-ed by Kerry Jackson for the LA Times, the author reports that California, with 12% of the nationā€™s population, California also has a disproportionate one in three welfare recipients. The generous spending meant to reduce poverty appears to have increased it, she observes.

Why California Is the Poverty Capital of America! Itā€™s About the $958 Billion
Is New York a shithole?

This is the result of liberalism gone wild. No other state should be required to support California by way of taxation.

Beautiful California has gone from red to deep blue and from rich to poor. In fact, itā€™s the poorest state in the union. The state is now the poverty capital of America.

The California state and local governments spent nearly $958 billion from 1992 through 2015 on public welfare programs, including cash-assistance payments, vendor payments, and other ā€œpublic welfareā€ according to Census Bureau.

In an op-ed by Kerry Jackson for the LA Times, the author reports that California, with 12% of the nationā€™s population, California also has a disproportionate one in three welfare recipients. The generous spending meant to reduce poverty appears to have increased it, she observes.

Funny thing...wherever welfare dependency is high, you find Ds in control. They appear to go hand-in-hand.

I have lived in California for eight decades.

I have seen many changes, to say the least.

I do NOT feel that the Golden State is a _____.

I DO feel, however, that California is a harbinger of what the United States of America will eventually become.

You guys keep talking about the localities you think are shitholes like it matters, that it was the places themselves Doddering Donnie was insulting. He was referring specifically to the people from those places.

If you live in a "shithole", you don't deserve to come to America? Since when? Where is that written on the statue of liberty?

You guys keep talking about the localities you think are shitholes like it matters, that it was the places themselves Doddering Donnie was insulting. He was referring specifically to the people from those places.

If you live in a "shithole", you don't deserve to come to America? Since when? Where is that written on the statue of liberty?
How about realizing we are full and do not need any people with no marketable skills coming here to drain us.

I have never been in California-------all I know is of that state is of grapes and luxurious mansions.
Are there slums?
I used to live in Orange County. The state is most definitely fucked-up. Thanks Democrats.

How about realizing we are full and do not need any people with no marketable skills coming here to drain us.

So just automatically being from a country Crooked Donnie Small Hands thinks is a "shithole" means you have no "marketable skills"?

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

Nothing about "marketable skills".

So just automatically being from a country Crooked Donnie Small Hands thinks is a "shithole" means you have no "marketable skills"?

It's a poem written by a young woman-------not a law

It's a standard for us to live up to, a moral obligation. You're okay with failing that standard, obviously.

It's a standard for us to live up to, a moral obligation. You're okay with failing that standard, obviously.

to what moral obligation do you refer?

to what moral obligation do you refer?

The one cited in the "poem not a law". The one that gives everyone an equal shot at the dream not a shot dependent upon which country you're from.

West Virginia is a total shithole, Trump's most popular state. They are all on opioids and crying about not having jobs in coal mines. They need to get off their asses, sober up and get to work.

Another hater and jealous.....Poverty rate doesn't mean much otherwise Turkmenistan is better ranked than the US and Germany for example.
Those who are poor in California are wealthy compared to most of the inhabitants of the flyover states.
Stop hating on us, we make most of the stuff you enjoy From shows, movies, technology, food, etc....Go to Church and follow the scripture of not being mean and hateful.

How does poor equal wealthy?

States fiscal health.. New Jersey last, California #43 ...

All States
The US fiscal health is shit. Does that make the whole US a shithole ?

West Virginia is a total shithole, Trump's most popular state. They are all on opioids and crying about not having jobs in coal mines. They need to get off their asses, sober up and get to work.

How the left took their jobs away and gave them well fare instead

Actually business simply innovated and had machines do the work. Lazy bums, go get jobs

Actually business simply innovated and had machines do the work. Lazy bums, go get jobs

Liar , it was the lefts 40 year on coal and manufacturing automated every where.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back