Why Aren't School Districts Giving Tax Payers A Refund?

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
"School districts across the country have suspended in-person instruction during the COVID-19 pandemic, and many continue to do so despite the fact that children are far less likely to contract the virus or to spread it to adults. At least one school board experienced a financial windfall due to its shift to remote instruction, and it provided a refund to taxpayers. Perhaps this should form a model for school districts across the country."

If you live in a school district where the schools are not open, where kids are not going back to school, and you're still paying school taxes, have you asked 'WHY' yet? And have you gotten a refund yet? If not, have you asked your local officials why not?

Why Aren't School Districts Giving Taxpayers a Refund?

Fair question.

I think the lasting effect of the pandemic would be that districts are now going to outsource their teaching to something like the University of Phoenix of Capella University. Schools will now just be resource centers for libraries, internet, science labs, testing centers, etc... and of course football.

If a child is lucky, their "instructor" will be based in Suriname or Sri Lanka. The unlucky ones will have a virtual "instructor" who will cue a help-desk type person if someone has a question. The help desk will look up the answer out of a manual and cut and paste the answer onto the chat dialog.

Will anyone's taxes go down? No.

This is the future.

Fair question.

I think the lasting effect of the pandemic would be that districts are now going to outsource their teaching to something like the University of Phoenix of Capella University. Schools will now just be resource centers for libraries, internet, science labs, testing centers, etc... and of course football.

You could not be more wrong. If the experience of the pandemic has made anything perfectly clear, it is the importance of in-person learning. This is particularly true for those students with the greatest needs.

But they discovered that getting paid to not actually work is AWESOME.
That is not what happened. Why do people feel so empowered to crow about things as if they know what the fuck they’re talking about when they absolutely and obviously do not?

candycorn, has anyone under the age of 18 who was relatively normal and not an obese Black, died of the Fauci Flu? And what is "teaching?" Public schools have been co-opted by Kabbalists since the 1960's and are brainwashing centers in regards to European students. In the information age, all the information is available and simply needs to be accessed. "Teaching" Blacks for example is generally impossible and online, even less so. :dunno:

But the teachers don't give a shit...they are quite happy to "work" from home.

Well. This teacher hated "remote" teaching. When we had to do it--for about three weeks in Sept and then again from early Nov-mid-January--I went into school most every day. That is, when I wasn't quarantined. And, I hated it. Looking at my students on a computer screen. The most inefficient and exhausting "teaching" I have ever attempted

candycorn, has anyone under the age of 18 who was relatively normal and not an obese Black, died of the Fauci Flu? And what is "teaching?" Public schools have been co-opted by Kabbalists since the 1960's and are brainwashing centers in regards to European students. In the information age, all the information is available and simply needs to be accessed. "Teaching" Blacks for example is generally impossible and online, even less so. :dunno:

Yes. 6 year olds do great in remote school

Ask their parents

Forum List

Back