Why are the police so aggressive in getting someone's ID and why are so many people...

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
hesitant to give it to them? lol

Can someone explain

Warrants.

But if someone doesn't have warrants why do they not want to give it to them?
To excersize their right to be secure in their person, and property. When a group of people start deciding not to excersize a given right, it becomes increasingly easy to convince that society, that they no longer need that right.

Even if you have nothing to hide?
Absolutely. It is incumbent upon free men to assert themselves, and their rights, to those who would assume a position of authority over them. Failure to do so makes that assumption, a reality.

`
`

Every time I get pulled over for speeding, LEO's ask me for a Drivers License.
They have a right to ask you for your license in that circumstance. You are driving a car and need a license to drive a car. You are being pulled over because they had probable cause of you having committed a crime or offense. Without a probable cause of a crime being committed, they have no right to demand to examine or see your identification.

`
I'm exaggerating the circumstances but up where I live, no cops. Only sheriff deputies. One even asked me for a date when he pulled me over....and he's married. Actually, they all are.

If I'm just walking down a street and a cop asks me for my ID I will ask him why.

Driving and getting pulled over is a completely different scenario since you have already at least in the cop's view violated some law and one has to be ready to prove he is legally eligible to drive.

I do not have to prove I am legally eligible to walk on public property

hesitant to give it to them? lol

Can someone explain

I have to believe they have a copper and/or lead deficiency in their system and are looking to get shot in order to remedy thst deficiency. That's the only reason I know of not to produce an ID when demanded by a LEO.

Forum List

Back