Why are so many people - including many Jews - so critical of Israel; are they simply driven by antisemitism?

MinTrut

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2021
Is antisemitism the cause of so much criticism of Israel?

Are the many Jews who criticize Israel antisemitic?

What makes someone an antisemite?

Is condemning the murder of Palestinian children by Israel antisemitic?

Is pointing out that Israel is an apartheid state antisemitic?

Is talking about the contemptuous and violent behavior of Israeli ultra-Othrodox Jews toward non-Orthodix Jews, as well as Christians and Muslims, antisemitic?

Is pointing out unending Israeli war crimes antisemitic?

Is saying that the US should not continue giving Israel BILLIONS of dollars to fund ongoing Israeli war crimes and crimes against humanity antisemitic?

Is condemning Israel's ethnic cleansing and genocide antisemitic?

Is calling Israel a terrorist state antisemitic?

Is pointing out that Israel is violently antisemitic antisemitic?

Is refusing to believe Israel's lies and fabricated evidence attempting to avoid responsibility for their bombing of a hospital antisemitic?

Is saying that people who are foolish enough to believe that Palestinians blew up their own hospital are also foolish enough to believe that Russia blew up its own pipeline antisemitic?

Is pointing out that the US is giving BILLIONS to actual Nazis in Ukraine antisemitic, or does stating this truth mean one is merely a Putin stooge?

Is calling for peace rather than more murder antisemitic?

Is standing up for violently oppressed people antisemitic?

Is pointing out that Israel is in many ways behaving toward the Palestinians as the Nazis behaved toward the Jews antisemitic?

I'd really love to be educated on what it means to be called an antisemite in 2023 when all one may be doing is refusing to fall into jackbooted agreement with crimes against humanity by a brutal apartheid state.

Asking for a mindful Jewish friend and longtime critic of Israel.

Is talking about the contemptuous and violent behavior of Israeli ultra-Othrodox Jews toward non-Orthodix Jews, as well as Christians and Muslims, antisemitic?

Is saying that the US should not continue giving Israel BILLIONS of dollars to fund ongoing Israeli war crimes and crimes against humanity antisemitic?

Is refusing to believe Israel's lies and fabricated evidence attempting to avoid responsibility for their bombing of a hospital antisemitic?

Is saying that people who are foolish enough to believe that Palestinians blew up their own hospital are also foolish enough to believe that Russia blew up its own pipeline antisemitic?

Is pointing out that the US is giving BILLIONS to actual Nazis in Ukraine antisemitic, or does stating this truth mean one is merely a Putin stooge?

Is pointing out that Israel is in many ways behaving toward the Palestinians as the Nazis behaved toward the Jews antisemitic?

I'd really love to be educated on what it means to be called an antisemite in 2023 when all one may be doing is refusing to fall into jackbooted agreement with crimes against humanity by a brutal apartheid state.

1. an·ti-Sem·ite​

/ˌanˌtīˈseˌmīt/​

noun
    • 1.a person who is hostile to or prejudiced against Jewish people:"he was not just a bigot, but also an anti-Semite"
    Scrabble Points: 12
    • A​

• N​

• T​

• I​

• -​

• S​

• E​

• M​

• I​

• T​

• E​

Powered by Oxford Dictionaries

We will borrow money we can't repay from China and give it to Israel so they can make enemies for us. You will own nothing and be ecstatic.
A few years ago, here's what Sharon told Shimon Peres, former president and prime minister of Israel: "Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that … I want to tell you something very clear: Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it."

some of it does cross over into the areas covered by the IHRA working definition.

Much of it is just steeped in ignorance.

One of the most popular past times in Israel is criticizing the government so I'm not sure why you would ask your title question.

Most Jews, who aren't brainwashed by the Zionist mass media, are against the terrorism committed by the Criminal Zionist regime.

Didn’t realize there wasn’t any AntiSemitism before 1948. Thanks for the lesson ! I guess my Grandfather lied to me when he was told many times they would never give a Hymie a Job. My Grandmother also lied 🤥 to me telling me they had to change their last name. The Catholic Church has NOT been spewing HATE for over 2,000 years
These Jewish college students in NY who claim they were locked in the library for their own safety because Pro Palestinian protesters were banging on the door threatening to kill them? That was a LIE also. There are so many lies I can’t list them all . Just one more; Jews are actually being WARNED not to wear anything that can identify them ; ANOTHER LIE

This is what happens when a man like Netanyahu is in power.

So the Psycho is saying there wasn’t any Antisemitism until Netanyahu got into office.
Naw, surada's never said that, and she is not an antisemite anymore than you or I.

the holocaust happened, and Russia and Ukraine are still fighting over Jews and the authority of the Eastern Orthodox Church. But, one cannot dispute that the Palestinians bore the Nazi's crimes despite Jews in Palestine being generally left alone.

But I don't see the point in relitigating what has happened and what cannot be changed, even if we wanted it changed .... and there's not consensus even in the US on what we want. Rapture on, bible bangers? LOL

Netanyahu's entire political life is tied to one tenet: don't negotiate a separate state for Palestinians because the goal is Israel based on it's greatest biblical borders. Netanyahu's political life is down to weeks.

So, where do we go? There's no way to kill every Hamas terrorist. But there's no way Israel will ever, or should ever, consider a peace with Hamas.

Naw, surada's never said that, and she is not an antisemite anymore than you or I.

the holocaust happened, and Russia and Ukraine are still fighting over Jews and the authority of the Eastern Orthodox Church. But, one cannot dispute that the Palestinians bore the Nazi's crimes despite Jews in Palestine being generally left alone.

But I don't see the point in relitigating what has happened and what cannot be changed, even if we wanted it changed .... and there's not consensus even in the US on what we want. Rapture on, bible bangers? LOL

Netanyahu's entire political life is tied to one tenet: don't negotiate a separate state for Palestinians because the goal is Israel based on it's greatest biblical borders. Netanyahu's political life is down to weeks.

So, where do we go? There's no way to kill every Hamas terrorist. But there's no way Israel will ever, or should ever, consider a peace with Hamas.
Repeat; Olmert’s Peace Plan . If Abbas were sincere why didn’t he come up with anything?

Yes. When it is framed as "murder" instead of - correctly - as a just war response to an unspeakable atrocity with all reasonable efforts made, in compliance with international humanitarian law, to protect the lives of civilians.
Yes. In all instances. Because it is factually untrue. It stretches the meaning of the term in order to demonize Israel.
Maybe. You'd have to be more specific about the kinds of behaviour you are referring to here.
Yes. In each and every instance, since Israel has committed no war crimes. And especially when not equally calling out the actual war crimes of Hamas. This is largely the result of people repeating chants, tweets, and sound bites without having any knowledge of the documents and texts of various legal instruments which make up international humanitarian law. But also the result, as above, of stretching existing language explicitly to include Israel in whatever the "bad thing" is.
Yes. It would not be if you said, "The US should not continue giving Israel billions of dollars to fund its defense of its civilians and territory."
Yes. Because Israel does not meet the legal standard for either. Again, another way of demonizing Israel.
Yes. Factually untrue.
You would have to explain what you mean by this.
Obviously.
Possibly. It would depend on what, exactly, you are demanding and from whom.
Probably. If you mean that the Jewish people have not been historically, and are not still currently, violently oppressed, that would be antisemitic.
Absolutely. Without question.
I'd really love to be educated on what it means to be called an antisemite in 2023 ...
I'm happy to help with your education.

If you are supporting Israel then you are supporting Apartheid.
It takes 2 to make peace and Israel is no more interested in peace than Hamas.

I don't have a solution. There are no good guys here. I think the world would be best served by cordoning off the region and telling both sides to have at it. No one will try to stop you. Destroy one another if that is your desire.

Perhaps the threat of actual annihilation will help push the sides together.

I'm aware of Christian history so of course I know that. Was anti-semitism considered to be the same thing as opposing Israeli government policies back then?
Excuse me, but MAYBE you can tell me why in Europe Jews are warned not even to come out of their homes, the Violence, trashing of property, physical harm, setting fires into Jewish Students rooms in college, why in a NY College Jewish Students had to hide behind a locked door to stay safe, why Jews are DISCOURAGED from wearing anything that can ID them as such; etc etc

Forum List

Back