Why are Nigerian immigrants doing so well if racism is the only cause of the racial income gap?

What's your plan?
1) Improve the education of urban communities with educational voucher system and introduce competition in our k-12 educational system.

2) Impose a Robotics Tax on automating corporations that would fund a UBI for all citizens so no one has to fear starvation or losing their shelter.

3) Change the focus of Black History Month material from reciting racial wrongs to giving blacks better people to emulate than bitter revolutionaries.

4) Require marriage for consideration of maximum household welfare benefits. Reward responsible behavior and stop rewarding irresponsible behavior with a bullshit welfare system supposedly based on need only.

5) Replace our upper college level educational system with online education that tests for actual comprehension of a subject with oral exams like they do at Oxford. You stay in the class as long as you want to or need to to pass the oral exam.

6) End political urban Tammany Hall machines.

7) Burn the Democratic Party to the ground and replace it with a pro-worker populist party that does not serve the Ultra Wealthy Oligarch class.
Broomstick alert

If we had done what was suppose to be done, which was give each of the slave families a parcel of land to live on and farm, as they were suppose to do when the war ended as reparations, we would not be in this mess.....
40 acres and a mule was a promise by Gen. Sherman towards the end of the war.
In reality, he had no business making such a promise, which needed congressional approval to be enacted as law. ... :cool:
Sherman had no business being a cattle theif either, but he got the results required of him.
Sherman won the war. Albeit, he decimated anything and everything from Tennessee to Georgia so the confederacy could not stand. He knew this. He knew that if you decimate the south, no food, cattle, resources that affect the populace not fighting, they would stop. And they did.

Ken Burns’ Civil War doc made me sad. But, the right right side won and that makes me happy. More to it than just slavery. I could go on about it but, there is so much we don’t know because we will never be taught unless we teach ourselves.

If we had done what was suppose to be done, which was give each of the slave families a parcel of land to live on and farm, as they were suppose to do when the war ended as reparations, we would not be in this mess.....
40 acres and a mule was a promise by Gen. Sherman towards the end of the war.
In reality, he had no business making such a promise, which needed congressional approval to be enacted as law. ... :cool:
Land was abundant, my ancestors received land grants/ lotteries left and right.... And every war they ever fought in they received land, afterwards, from the revolutionary war, the war of 1812, Indian wars, to the Civil War.... And if they had died then their kids got it..... there was plenty of land to have fulfilled his promise.... And that's all that would have been needed for today, to have been a whole lot better, for everyone...imho.

How is it that during the awful period that was Jim Crow, only 22 percent of Black Families had a single parent and high school graduation / college attendance were much higher compared to today where the single parent rate is almost 3 times it was during Jim Crow?

Simply stated, liberals keep pointing back to the damage caused by 400 years of slavery and 100 years of Jim Crow yet the economic and quality of life stats for Blacks have plummeted since passing of the Great Society legislations in the late 60s.

How is that?

How is it that during the awful period that was Jim Crow, only 22 percent of Black Families had a single parent and high school graduation / college attendance were much higher compared to today where the single parent rate is almost 3 times it was during Jim Crow?

Simply stated, liberals keep pointing back to the damage caused by 400 years of slavery and 100 years of Jim Crow yet the economic and quality of life stats for Blacks have plummeted since passing of the Great Society legislations in the late 60s.

How is that?
Dems.
I mean when they (officials)go to congress and walk halls and buildings named after devout racists, and have the nerve to preach. Unbelievable.

we, (as in the general sense of we) brought slaves here, in chains, against their will, and owned them, so they could do the very hard work of toiling the soil and every thing else back breaking, we did not pay them and made a fortune off of their work...
So how many centuries are you liberals going to excuse the systemic FAILURE of our social policies in creating a far higher rate of single parent families among blacks, poor education in black family schools and drug culture?

It is the misfortune of most blacks to have had the boundries of segregation come down during the most hedonistic and irresponsible generation in our nations history; Baby Boomers like me.

We need to help blacks change their welfare culture (which is actually a minority of blacks, but sizable) and help them and other people in the economic subclass of perennial welfare dependents to climb out of their bad behavior and get education, live by the law and work to attain what they dream of instead of rioting and destroying their own communities.

When does that start?
What's your plan?

Owning property, would have given them all, the step up, that they needed to be just like whites, their wealth and farm would have been passed on to their next generation and so on an so forth.... but of course we managed to renege on that deal, and now blame them, for not having the boots to pick themselves up by the straps....

Again, what's your ideas on how things can be fixed now?

Dang, us whitey's were supposed to get land? Sure don't recall anyone in my family tree getting land. Although I do recall the blood/sweat/tears/hard work and money spent to purchase land.

we, (as in the general sense of we) brought slaves here, in chains, against their will, and owned them, so they could do the very hard work of toiling the soil and every thing else back breaking, we did not pay them and made a fortune off of their work...
So how many centuries are you liberals going to excuse the systemic FAILURE of our social policies in creating a far higher rate of single parent families among blacks, poor education in black family schools and drug culture?

It is the misfortune of most blacks to have had the boundries of segregation come down during the most hedonistic and irresponsible generation in our nations history; Baby Boomers like me.

We need to help blacks change their welfare culture (which is actually a minority of blacks, but sizable) and help them and other people in the economic subclass of perennial welfare dependents to climb out of their bad behavior and get education, live by the law and work to attain what they dream of instead of rioting and destroying their own communities.

When does that start?
What's your plan?

Owning property, would have given them all, the step up, that they needed to be just like whites, their wealth and farm would have been passed on to their next generation and so on an so forth.... but of course we managed to renege on that deal, and now blame them, for not having the boots to pick themselves up by the straps....

Dang, us whitey's were supposed to get land? Sure don't recall anyone in my family tree getting land. Although I do recall the blood/sweat/tears/hard work and money spent to purchase land.
Boom

Immigrants do better because they aren't brainwashed to be racist and blame others for all their problems. Democrats brainwash the youth to become the next generation of racist.

Democrats are literally so racist that the most important thing to them about their VP nominee is its race and gender

"Hence why the median annual income of Nigerian diaspora household, according to the Migration Policy Institute, is about $ 52,000, slightly higher than the average $50,000 in the US. They are also more likely to be counted in the higher income brackets as 35% of Nigerian-American households earn the US $90,000 per year."

I've also read that their crime rates are below the national average. If the only reason black Americans are struggling is because of racism, how are Nigerian immigrants doing so well?

Why are Nigerian immigrants doing so well if racism is the only cause of the racial income gap?
Don’t forget, we elect Kenyans to the post powerful position on earth.

When does that start?
What's your plan?

You'd be surprised on what your ancestors got if they got here EARLY and not via bond, or fought in any wars in America...if you begin your Ancestry research, there is a bundle of information on it.

If your ancestors got here later, or were not willing to be, or knew nothing about being farmers, then likely not...

In Virginia and north Carolina etc, early on, the master got 50 acres for every slave they bought, to till the land, a n d if they were white on bond, then after 5 to 7 years of toiling the soil for their bondsman owner, they got 50 acres given to them, as their own...in most cases.

When does that start?
What's your plan?

You'd be surprised on what your ancestors got if they got here EARLY and not via bond, or fought in any wars in America...if you begin your Ancestry research, there is a bundle of information on it.

If your ancestors got here later, or were not willing to be, or knew nothing about being farmers, then likely not...

In Virginia and north Carolina etc, early on, the master got 50 acres for every slave they bought, to till the land, a n d if they were white on bond, then after 5 to 7 years of toiling the soil for their bondsman owner, they got 50 acres given to them, as their own...in most cases.

Wow, evidently your ancestors and your family belong to that "racist" group. And for some dumbass reason you feel ALL whiteys need to suffer because of your families greed.

When does that start?
What's your plan?

My family tree had row homes. About 15 to 20 feet wide and no more then 40 feet long with two floors and a dungy basement. They owned them until they did not pay the mortgage or property taxes or utilities.

When does that start?
What's your plan?

Wow, evidently your ancestors and your family belong to that "racist" group. And for some dumbass reason you feel ALL whiteys need to suffer because of your families greed.
Actually, most of my Ancestors, all but three, through the 350 years or so of tracing them, did not own slaves... They were farmers, not rich, just middle class.... And they each had 8 to 12 children, to use as their farm hands...

When does that start?
What's your plan?

My family tree had row homes. About 15 to 20 feet wide and no more then 40 feet long with two floors and a dungy basement. They owned them until they did not pay the mortgage or property taxes or utilities.

Guessing the government didn't give those to your family.

When does that start?
What's your plan?

Actually, most of my Ancestors, all but three, through the 350 years or so of tracing them, did not own slaves... They were farmers, not rich, just middle class.... And they each had 8 to 12 children, to use as their farm hands...

Yea, that doesn't matter. I never knew anyone or any family that had an unfair advantage, but you have managed to change that.

We have a Nigerian immigrant married into our already-mixed race family.

Freakin' brilliant kid. Freakin' great future.

He didn't have white American liberals running interference for him and enabling his worst behaviors, so he had to work for it.
I would like to note that Mac is NEITHER a "conservative"/Republican NOR a leftist.

How would you describe yourself? Like me? A REAL Liberal (rather than a fake poser commie chameleon calling himself a liberal)?

Thank you very much for speaking the TRUTH!!!

7) Burn the Democratic Party to the ground and replace it with a pro-worker populist party that does not serve the Ultra Wealthy Oligarch class.
That sounds great, but unfortunately, such a party would be overrun by communist asswipes in a matter of, not hours or minutes, SECONDS!!!

Such a party must have HEAVY libertarian influence to prevent the hostile Bolshevik takeover.

We have a Nigerian immigrant married into our already-mixed race family.

Freakin' brilliant kid. Freakin' great future.

He didn't have white American liberals running interference for him and enabling his worst behaviors, so he had to work for it.
I would like to note that Mac is NEITHER a "conservative"/Republican NOR a leftist.

How would you describe yourself? Like me? A REAL Liberal (rather than a fake poser commie chameleon calling himself a liberal)?

Thank you very much for speaking the TRUTH!!!

Left-leaning independent is my best guess.

Forum List

Back