Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jews are hated because they crucified Jesus

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What characteristics are you referring to?
Maybe he means intelligence….succeeding despite persecution….doing mitzvot…..giving to tzedakah….an emphasis on family and community.….valuing higher education….stuff like that.

Well, I think you exaggerate about the Christians, but I would agree that the antisemitism among Muslims is much more concerning. Also, Christians lean more Republican and Muslims are almost all Democrats.
Well, 99.99% is simply my estimate. That said, hating Jews is not a tenant of Christianity. Jesus was Jewish.

I am exposed to many Christians and I know of none that hate Jews. If they hate Jews, then they are keeping it a secret from me.

Modern leftists hate Jews because:
1. Israel is western, European (somehow), and thus, evil
2. They view all issues as “oppressor vs. victim”, and their university professors and the MSM told them that Israel is “the oppressor”, thus, evil.

Well, 99.99% is simply my estimate. That said, hating Jews is not a tenant of Christianity. Jesus was Jewish.

I am exposed to many Christians and I know of none that hate Jews. If they hate Jews, then they are keeping it a secret from me.
Jesus was the first Christian, so while a Jew by ancestry he was not a "Jew" according to the Jewish leaders of his day.

I don't think Jews are hated at all. The current is about 😑 Netanyahu and Israel not Jews .

Then why were Jews driven out from all over the ME and Europe from the 1930s through 1948? Jews in North Africa were not Israeli, but they were picked on and discriminated by Arabs. Same in Yemen where they were expelled. It was because they were Jews. Be honest. The Koran specifically calls out the Jews. So if any Imam chooses to, he can take that text and twist it against Jewish people, just like they do in Iran.

unfair stereotypes is part of it. But it started so long ago for more than one reason. Surely there are Jewish people who have been offensive and are offensive, but you can find that inside any group or religion.
They have just been unfairly demonized

Its also human nature to want to have someone or something to blame through hard times.
Blaming some other group is a way to solidify power and bring people together. (in a wrong way)
The Jews were readily available to be that scapegoat. They were blamed also for the Black plague .

If you say so... There are none around today to ask.

I do not know any Christians who hate Jews.

Yeah, I think most Christian hate for Jews is was from the early church days. There were many ignorant people who did not even know how to read or think for themselves.

I do not know any Christians who hate Jews.
You know, I wish you were right, but that is what is so alarming. People we never knew had raging antisemitism just under the surface are revealing themselves. Just yesterday, one friend told me that she has been shocked by the Jew-hating comments she’s reading on her friends‘ FB pages, and another told me someone approached her at the grocery store when she was looking at Hanukah decorations and made a snarky comment.

So I’m glad that the Christians you hang out with, and you as well of course, have never expressed or felt antisemitic feelings, but you’re mistaken that all Christians feel the same way.

The Pharisees called Jesus a blasphemer and a sorcerer, and of course, wanted him dead. Jesus had a running battle with them over their teachings.

Yeah, I think most Christian hate for Jews is was from the early church days. There were many ignorant people who did not even know how to read or think for themselves.
It is kind of understandable during the early church days. The early Christians were persecuted by the Jewish leaders. At least according to the Christian Bible.

Paul for example wasn't quickly accepted by the early Christians because he used to be Saul, a Jew that persecuted Christians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back