Why Are Democrats Backing A Former NRA-Supporter Over A First-Time Black Woman Candidate?

and then you voted for a sociopathic racist misogynist sexual predator who has corrupted our entire government.

oops.

The government was corrupt long before President Trump got there
I voted for utter chaos ... And I am getting exactly what I voted for ... :thup:

and then you voted for a sociopathic racist misogynist sexual predator who has corrupted our entire government.

oops.

The government was corrupt long before President Trump got there
I voted for utter chaos ... And I am getting exactly what I voted for ... :thup:

ok cookie... if this was a dem, they'd have been impeached already. but feel free to engage in false equivalency

When Tanzie Youngblood announced her congressional bid for New Jersey’s 2nd District, she thought she’d easily win the support of local, and even national, Democrats. A year with a record number of women running for office, a promising blue wave and the #MeToo movement seemed perfect for her progressive campaign.

Youngblood—a retired school teacher and first-time black female candidate—figured the primary race might get crowded after 12-time Republican incumbent Frank LoBiondo announced his retirement in November. But she never anticipated that the ones attempting to sink her campaign wouldn’t be her primary opponents, but the Democratic establishment itself.

Last month, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee threw its weight behind Jeff Van Drew, a New Jersey state senator with a 100 percent rating from the National Rifle Association. Van Drew once accepted a $1,000 donation from the group, and has been dubbed one of the “most conservative Democrats” in the New Jersey legislature, a moniker he's earned for having co-sponsored legislation to bring back the state’s death penalty for certain murder convictions, and require parental notification for minors seeking abortions. He was also one of just two state Senate Democrats to vote against same-sex marriage in 2012.
Why are Democrats backing a former NRA-supporter over a first-time black woman candidate?

Look over there! Look! Look! It's Russia, dagnabit.
Like u care

ok cookie... if this was a dem, they'd have been impeached already. but feel free to engage in false equivalency

If you are suggesting the GOP would more likely do something than just talk about it ... Hell if I know ... :dunno:
I do know you are worthless partisan hack though.

When Tanzie Youngblood announced her congressional bid for New Jersey’s 2nd District, she thought she’d easily win the support of local, and even national, Democrats. A year with a record number of women running for office, a promising blue wave and the #MeToo movement seemed perfect for her progressive campaign.

Youngblood—a retired school teacher and first-time black female candidate—figured the primary race might get crowded after 12-time Republican incumbent Frank LoBiondo announced his retirement in November. But she never anticipated that the ones attempting to sink her campaign wouldn’t be her primary opponents, but the Democratic establishment itself.

Last month, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee threw its weight behind Jeff Van Drew, a New Jersey state senator with a 100 percent rating from the National Rifle Association. Van Drew once accepted a $1,000 donation from the group, and has been dubbed one of the “most conservative Democrats” in the New Jersey legislature, a moniker he's earned for having co-sponsored legislation to bring back the state’s death penalty for certain murder convictions, and require parental notification for minors seeking abortions. He was also one of just two state Senate Democrats to vote against same-sex marriage in 2012.
Why are Democrats backing a former NRA-supporter over a first-time black woman candidate?

Like u care

When Rand Paul is the only sane one in the room saying, "We should read that before passing it", and you are watching services getting cut for US citizens and the Democrats are supporting poverty pimps.....maybe you will start giving a damn, too.

Or you can just run with whatever, like you do.

When Rand Paul is the only sane one in the room saying, "We should read that before passing it", and you are watching services getting cut for US citizens and the Democrats are supporting poverty pimps.....maybe you will start giving a damn, too.

Bless his heart ... Rand Paul would be ten times better if enough people cared about real liberalism.
Progressivism has completely screwed most decent liberals.

Bless his heart ... Rand Paul would be ten times better if enough people cared about real liberalism.
Progressivism has completely screwed most decent liberals.

Rand Paul is one of the most intelligent politicians and I don't agree with his policies for the most part but he has some integrity. That is rare.

Rand Paul is one of the most intelligent politicians and I don't agree with his policies for the most part but he has some integrity. That is rare.

I liked Joe Lieberman ... Even when I didn't agree with his policies.
He spoke his mind ... Was clear about what the intentions were ... And I always got the impression he thought he was doing the right thing.

He also actively looked for ways to find middle ground.
I was never in a position to vote for him ... But I might have if I had been in his district.

They're trying to get on the winning side. Disir.

I liked Joe Lieberman ... Even when I didn't agree with his policies.
He spoke his mind ... Was clear about what the intentions were ... And I always got the impression he thought he was doing the right thing.

He also actively looked for ways to find middle ground.
I was never in a position to vote for him ... But I might have if I had been in his district.

Really? He was a war hawk.

The simple answer is that they want to win the election and believe their best opportunity lies with a more conservative candidate.

false equivalency

giphy.gif

`
I do NOT believe in voting for any political candidate simply because of race, creed or gender. The republicans do that. For the democrats, Obama was a useful tool. That's why they backed him.
`

The simple answer is that they want to win the election and believe their best opportunity lies with a more conservative candidate.

And it makes them look fantastically slimy. The Democratic Party shifted attention to Russia to cover up their bullshit and (while that is still ongoing) they play the same game against other candidates. AND have the audacity to discuss gun control as if it's all the right winger's thang and it's all about the children. AND attempt to play gender and race.

Do you remember when we were dealing with the hired Hillary trolls? They were shitty small minded people that spent a great deal of time talking about how they did not need the Bernie supporters and they didn't need rural voters and they didn't need that group over there. So, after all of the crap they continue to act like asshats and this time they burn the people they were selling their game to. Sooner or later they are going to run out of people to burn. It's about maintaining power and making sure they keep their pockets lined and playing the big tent card.

If they put as much energy into reading proposed legislation as they did drama queening we might get somewhere. But they won't..........and they don't want anyone else reading it either.

Last edited:

And it makes them look fantastically slimy. The Democratic Party shifted attention to Russia to cover up their bullshit and (while that is still ongoing) they play the same game against other candidates. AND have the audacity to discuss gun control as if it's all the right winger's thang and it's all about the children. AND attempt to play gender and race.

Do you remember when we were dealing with the hired Hillary trolls? They were shitty small minded people that spent a great deal of time talking about how they did not need the Bernie supporters and they didn't need rural voters and they didn't need that group over there. So, after all of the crap they continue to act like asshats and this time they burn the people they were selling their game to. Sooner or later they are going to run out of people to burn. It's about maintaining power and making sure they keep their pockets lined and playing the big tent card.

If they put as much energy into reading proposed legislation as they did drama queening we might get somewhere. But they won't..........and they don't want anyone else reading it either.
You don't need to convince me the Democratic Party is corrupt. I'm already there.

Forum List

Back