Why are conservatives embracing false narratives of urban decline, and what can be done to encourage embracing social/political reality?

Los Angeles.

1703958353596.jpeg

1703958372436.jpeg

To me Seattle is a high crime, high cost housing, high taxes, lots of homeless people, too much traffic, rainy, dark and cloudy, that is some of the many reasons we decided to leave Seattle. I was offered a promotion but i’d have to move back to Seattle and that is not where I want to live. Some people like it, it is not for me.

U R DELUSIONAL
Not at all.

Why do you think conservatives push these false narratives of urban decline/decay?
Seattle is a leftist shithole and so is every other democrat run city.
Not at all.

Overall, violent crime is down to levels of a decade ago, though within the city limits, there was an anomalous spike in homicide of a few dozen, but with overall per capita murders remaining extremely low.

Seattle is a very safe city, and getting safer - why do you think you believe otherwise?

Never mind your own eyes and ears, mere peasants....We at the legacy moonbat media are here to assure you that everything is just jake! :uhoh3:
Crime in Seattle is down to levels of the prior decade - why do you think you and other conservatives believe otherwise about Seattle and other safe, vibrant, beautiful Blue cities?

I find it bizarre, and no one on the right has provided an answer.

Let's move beyond debunked conservative claims of Seattle being a "shithole," and move on to why these false claims were/are made in so many instances.

TIA

Not at all.

Why do you think conservatives push these false narratives of urban decline/decay?

Not at all.

Overall, violent crime is down to levels of a decade ago, though within the city limits, there was an anomalous spike in homicide of a few dozen, but with overall per capita murders remaining extremely low.

Seattle is a very safe city, and getting safer - why do you think you believe otherwise?
BS, https://www.seattle.gov/documents/Departments/Police/Reports/2022_SPD_CRIME_REPORT_FINAL.pdf

Violent crimes are at a 15 year high, 2022 is higher than 2021 levels, up over 4%.

I’ll take the police departmen’s hard facts over your lies.

Last edited:
Seattle is just one example of a Blue city so successful that you're astonished by the disparity between its safety/beauty on the one hand, and the bizarre apocalyptic narratives attached to it by conservatives on the other:

But Seattle's not alone in the reality/false narrative gap; both New York City and Los Angeles rank among the 20 greatest cities in the world in a recent Conde Nast survey:

I mention Seattle only because a recent visit there revealed an amazing, safe, thriving city whose biggest problem - as with many US cities - is affordable housing due to the influx of newcomers clamoring for its emerald beauty.

So what gives?

Part of the explanation may be that conservatives are so hungry for a return to power that they seem unable to refrain from saying whatever it takes to sell a less than truthful narrative regarding our greatest cities in particular, and our country in general.

But there may be a deeper cause, as explored in this article:

What is the cost - to both conservatives and those exposed to their false narratives - of insisting on apocalyptic myths of societal decay contrary to the reality of blossoming urban areas?

What can be done to turn away these troubling false narratives and embrace the beautiful truth?
🙄

What? Are you nuts? Even the leftist media reports urban decline.
Conservatives are obsessed with false narratives, including false claims of rising crime as part of their myth of Blue city urban decay and chaos.

For example, Memphis has FIVE times the PC murder rate of Seattle, with Seattle crime dropping overall to the lowest level in nearly a decade.

Why do conservatives insist on false and misleading claims of Blue city decay - including but not limited to crime - while ignoring MUCH more serious issues in Red areas?

Seattle is just one example of a Blue city so successful that you're astonished by the disparity between its safety/beauty on the one hand, and the bizarre apocalyptic narratives attached to it by conservatives on the other:

But Seattle's not alone in the reality/false narrative gap; both New York City and Los Angeles rank among the 20 greatest cities in the world in a recent Conde Nast survey:

I mention Seattle only because a recent visit there revealed an amazing, safe, thriving city whose biggest problem - as with many US cities - is affordable housing due to the influx of newcomers clamoring for its emerald beauty.

So what gives?

Part of the explanation may be that conservatives are so hungry for a return to power that they seem unable to refrain from saying whatever it takes to sell a less than truthful narrative regarding our greatest cities in particular, and our country in general.

But there may be a deeper cause, as explored in this article:

What is the cost - to both conservatives and those exposed to their false narratives - of insisting on apocalyptic myths of societal decay contrary to the reality of blossoming urban areas?

What can be done to turn away these troubling false narratives and embrace the beautiful truth?
False narrative? That is what you are embracing with your ridiculous post. The obvious decline is obvious.

Seattle has the third largest homeless population in the US.

15 Worst Cities for Homelessness in the U.S. (Updated 2023)

6 of the top 15 are in California.
Yes - the mild weather attracts this population.

But overall crime has dropped to the lowest level in nearly a decade.

Again, the topic is not Seattle and the endless false conservative narratives about it, but WHY conservatives continue on making false claims of decay and chaos in general despite them being thoroughly debunked.

Why do you think conservatives do tis?

Again, the topic is not Seattle and the endless false conservative narratives about it, but WHY conservatives continue on making false claims of decay and chaos in general despite them being thoroughly debunked.

Why do you think conservatives do tis?
Because the claims haven't been debunked.

Detroit is wonderful
Detroit's 2023 homicide rate is the lowest in SIXTY YEARS.

Why aren't conservatives celebrating this?
don't believe your lying eyes!
SIXTY years - incredible, right? :)

Why do conservatives make false claims of dire threat, decay and chaos when the OPPOSITE is occurring?

Their claims are constantly debunked - as in this thread - but conservatives simply ignore the positive reality and continue making false, misleading and/or irrelevant claims.

Why is this?

Stupid twat
I wouldn't call you this, no.
preach your lies to these people --

Actually, Seattle is the 7th happiest city in the country:

https://urban.uw.edu/news/how-happy...-a-whole-compared-to-other-cities-and-states/

Why do you think conservatives continue to make false, dire and easily debunked claims about decay and chaos?

It flies in the face of common sense and reality.

Conservatives are obsessed with false narratives, including false claims of rising crime as part of their myth of Blue city urban decay and chaos.

For example, Memphis has FIVE times the PC murder rate of Seattle, with Seattle crime dropping overall to the lowest level in nearly a decade.

Why do conservatives insist on false and misleading claims of Blue city decay - including but not limited to crime - while ignoring MUCH more serious issues in Red areas?
It's not a false narrative that several major cities are in decline. Hell, we've got whole states like California and New York who are in decline.

^ Straw man.

It was an extensive visit, but why do you think conservatives embrace false narratives about decay in the face of blossoming?

Amazing.

But due to its safety and beauty - and thriving job market - it IS quite expensive.

Being poor can be awful anywhere.

Why do you think conservatives embrace false narratives about decay?
why do many liberals just believe whats being told to them?.....outside of were you live that you can see....you dont really know if what you are being fed is true about the rest of the country.....people doing ok have great quality of life no matter were they are at.....people that are just getting by dont believe this shit because they dont see it.....they believe joe biden until they go to the grocery store and pay their bills......

Crime in Seattle is down to levels of the prior decade - why do you think you and other conservatives believe otherwise about Seattle and other safe, vibrant, beautiful Blue cities?

I find it bizarre, and no one on the right has provided an answer.

Let's move beyond debunked conservative claims of Seattle being a "shithole," and move on to why these false claims were/are made in so many instances.

TIA
I can't walk the street in the neighborhoods of Minneapolis where I spent a large portion of my early 20s, or the neighborhood where my mother was raised.

Both my leisure and work travel take me to cities that I've experienced over the last number of decades, and every one I've returned to is worse than before.

You can quit puking up the standard DNC/paleo media pablum...Nobody with a memory longer than that of a goldfish is buying your bullshit.

P.S...One of the aforementioned cities is Seattle, and it's a total shithole when only compared to the early oughts....Portland is the same; far worse.

Last edited:
Not at all.

Not at all.

I posted a link that said murders are at a 44 year high in 2023, why are you lying?

Forum List

Back