Why Anthony Hopkins is my favorite actor.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
At 82, Anthony Hopkins is doing some of his best work still. He has given us so many great roles over the years and takes his craft very seriously. Aside from his rare gifts as an actor he is largely non-political. I don't think I have ever read any sort of political statement from him. Wouldn't the world be a better place if every actor, entertainer, athlete or other prominent citizen focused on what makes them great and left politics alone?

No, these are also citizens.
America is the land of free speech, and they are entitled to share their opinions.

At 82, Anthony Hopkins is doing some of his best work still. He has given us so many great roles over the years and takes his craft very seriously. Aside from his rare gifts as an actor he is largely non-political. I don't think I have ever read any sort of political statement from him. Wouldn't the world be a better place if every actor, entertainer, athlete or other prominent citizen focused on what makes them great and left politics alone?

Yes, "celebrities" should keep their mouths shut and entertain us.

That is what they are well paid for.

If a guy gets millions for just throwing a ball through a hoop, he should show his gratitude by refraining from bloviating about controversial matters.

• Banned
No, these are also citizens.
America is the land of free speech, and they are entitled to share their opinions.
That is true. The issue is those individual's opinions carry far more weight due to their prominent names. Their opinions are no more or less valid than the average citizen, but they resonate around the world because of who they are. For example, millions of citizens could voice their negative opinions of BLM on Twitter but they are all drowned out Lebron James and the NBA support of BLM. Free speech is no longer a level playing field.

Forum List

Back