Why America’s Return To $1 Trillion Deficits Is A Big Problem For You

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Analysis | Why America’s return to $1 trillion deficits is a big problem for you

The country has never run this high of a deficit during good economic times.

“This is unprecedented,” said Justin Bogie, senior policy analyst on fiscal affairs at the conservative Heritage Foundation.

“We are running up the national credit card when everything is going our way economically,” said Maya MacGuineas, president of the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget. “It shows Congress has lost any will to make hard choices to fix near-record debt levels we’re already facing.”

“The bigger the debt, the bigger the chances of a fiscal crisis,” CBO Director Keith Hall said Monday.

If spending keeps up at this pace (and there is every indication that it will), President Trump and his successors are going to have less flexibility to pump up the economy during a downturn or even a crisis.

While Trump campaigned on reducing the debt, he and the GOP-led Congress have made the deficit worse in the past year

What Trump and Congress have done since June is “estimated to make deficits $2.7 trillion larger than previously projected” in the next decade, the CBO wrote in its report.

Trump is on track to smash Obama's spending record. He and Congress have actually ACCELERATED deficits in an economic climate where they should be REDUCING deficits.

Analysis | Why America’s return to $1 trillion deficits is a big problem for you

“This is unprecedented,” said Justin Bogie, senior policy analyst on fiscal affairs at the conservative Heritage Foundation.

“We are running up the national credit card when everything is going our way economically,” said Maya MacGuineas, president of the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget. “It shows Congress has lost any will to make hard choices to fix near-record debt levels we’re already facing.”

“The bigger the debt, the bigger the chances of a fiscal crisis,” CBO Director Keith Hall said Monday.

If spending keeps up at this pace (and there is every indication that it will), President Trump and his successors are going to have less flexibility to pump up the economy during a downturn or even a crisis.

While Trump campaigned on reducing the debt, he and the GOP-led Congress have made the deficit worse in the past year

What Trump and Congress have done since June is “estimated to make deficits $2.7 trillion larger than previously projected” in the next decade, the CBO wrote in its report.

Trump is on track to smash Obama's spending record. He and Congress have actually ACCELERATED deficits in an economic climate where they should be REDUCING deficits.

$ 627,581,942,088 in 95 days this year...on track for 2.4 trillion dollars added to the debt in this CY alone.

We are seeing how fiscally responsible republicans are...

After what Bush and the GOP left Obama, he was gradually drawing it down to avoid a major shock to the economy.

P.T. Barnum described Trump voter's perfectly.

I really hope Trump doesn't completely ruin their lives.

Why do you want children to die?

As long as Trump spends money it's ok. It's part of the plan for salvation. We all know it.

It doesn't matter.

No one cares about the debt or the deficits if they did they would vote people into office that cared.

It doesn't matter.

No one cares about the debt or the deficits if they did they would vote people into office that cared.
Like Paul Ryan? Ha

The problem is that those who claimed to care are liars. Dems have a much better record on debt than these scum. And that isn’t saying much...

It doesn't matter.

Like Paul Ryan? Ha

The problem is that those who claimed to care are liars. Dems have a much better record on debt than these scum. And that isn’t saying much...

Like I said nobody cares.

I don't know why you are bringing up any politician because none of them care and neither do the people that vote for them

It doesn't matter.

Like Paul Ryan? Ha

I don't know why you are bringing up any politician because none of them care and neither do the people that vote for them

Because all the members of a certain party run on caring. Then when given power they prove what scum they are.

Rand Paul might care?

It doesn't matter.

Like Paul Ryan? Ha

Because all the members of a certain party run on caring. Then when given power they prove what scum they are.

Rand Paul might care?
No all member of any party

Dems don't care about the debt unless Republicans are in office and the people that vote for dems don't care about the debt
Repubs say they are about the debt but they don't and people who vote for repubs don't care about the debt because they vote for people who say they care about the debt but don't

Get it?

It doesn't matter.

Like Paul Ryan? Ha

Rand Paul might care?

Dems don't care about the debt unless Republicans are in office and the people that vote for dems don't care about the debt
Repubs say they are about the debt but they don't and people who vote for repubs don't care about the debt because they vote for people who say they care about the debt but don't

Get it?

It would seem repubs won because enough people care, their politicians have stabbed them in the back. But hey, gotta hate those Mexicans right?

Democrats will drive you over the cliff as fast as they can. Republicans will drive you over the cliff at the speed limit.

It doesn't matter.

Like Paul Ryan? Ha

Rand Paul might care?

Get it?

It would seem repubs won because enough people care, their politicians have stabbed them in the back. But hey, gotta hate those Mexicans right?

Bullshit.

People who vote for repubs know they aren't going to do anything about the debt because they keep putting the same people in office that don't do anything about the debt

Like Paul Ryan? Ha

Rand Paul might care?

Get it?

Bullshit.

People who vote for repubs know they aren't going to do anything about the debt because they keep putting the same people in office that don't do anything about the debt

I think many believe the ridiculous lies. Like only if we controlled congress. And well we control congress but need the presidency. And now they are distracted by the shiny object and think spending on a wall is more important.

So you want government to reduce spending? Why people will be dying in the streets if you do.

What sort of draconian cuts are you suggesting?

Rand Paul might care?

Get it?

Bullshit.

I think many believe the ridiculous lies. Like only if we controlled congress. And well we control congress but need the presidency. And now they are distracted by the shiny object and think spending on a wall is more important.

I think they really don't care.

I don't anymore

Rand Paul might care?

Get it?

Bullshit.

I think they really don't care.

I don't anymore

Well most care about what the politicians tell them to care about. Right now it’s a wall. Who cares about going broke.

Forum List

Back