Why Alice Johnson received a life sentence for a first offense.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
This appears to be the key reason she was given such a harsh penalty for basically being a message relayer in a drug ring. The link is below:

"Even though her arrest in 1993 was her first offense, Johnson received a life sentence, which she began serving in 1996. During the trial ten of her co-defendants testified against her in exchange for a reduced or dropped charges, Mic reports. Johnson, however, did not receive the same mercy, despite having not previous drug charges.".

Her case was submitted for review three times during Obama's Presidency. Since Obama couldn't see how pardoning her would gain him votes, he ignored her case.

Who is Alice Marie Johnson? Kim Kardashian Meets Donald Trump About Prison Reform

This appears to be the key reason she was given such a harsh penalty for basically being a message relayer in a drug ring. The link is below:

"Even though her arrest in 1993 was her first offense, Johnson received a life sentence, which she began serving in 1996. During the trial ten of her co-defendants testified against her in exchange for a reduced or dropped charges, Mic reports. Johnson, however, did not receive the same mercy, despite having not previous drug charges.".

Her case was submitted for review three times during Obama's Presidency. Since Obama couldn't see how pardoning her would gain him votes, he ignored her case.

Who is Alice Marie Johnson? Kim Kardashian Meets Donald Trump About Prison Reform

Do you have proof of this or is this just what she and you are saying????

There is a space open in prison for someone else...
3d33fc48d3f2aba170890477ab938df8.jpg

Last edited:
Since Obama couldn't see how pardoning her would gain him votes, he ignored her case.

Not this, and we do not know all the details of the case. I would like to see all those caught with pot released, if they didn't intend to sell.

The whole system needs an overhaul to make more room for white collar criminals.

If this doesn't show how the Democrats take the "black vote" for granted, I don't know what would. Three times they begged. Obama told them "Fuck you!" It took Donald Trump to show compassion. 10 years in jail was enough.

Some interesting tid bits from an interview with Alice Jones:

"The week before Christmas 2016, President Barack Obama gave a second chance -- in the form of clemency-- to 231 people, including my friend Sharanda Jones. I was not among them, but since many such as myself were incarcerated on drug-related charges, I feel I know their stories." -- That is a lot of people to pardon in one week before leaving office.

More from the interview: "I am only one of thousands of first-time, nonviolent offenders given mandatory and lengthy prison terms after committing crimes under financial distress." -- Why did Obama single her and all of those thousands of other people out? You would think he could have pardoned all of them -- I know Trump would have if he could.

Some interesting tid bits from an interview with Alice Jones:

"The week before Christmas 2016, President Barack Obama gave a second chance -- in the form of clemency-- to 231 people, including my friend Sharanda Jones. I was not among them, but since many such as myself were incarcerated on drug-related charges, I feel I know their stories." -- That is a lot of people to pardon in one week before leaving office.

More from the interview: "I am only one of thousands of first-time, nonviolent offenders given mandatory and lengthy prison terms after committing crimes under financial distress." -- Why did Obama single her and all of those thousands of other people out? You would think he could have pardoned all of them -- I know Trump would have if he could.
Then why doesn't he?

Bubba was too busy sexually exploiting interns to pay attention to poor Alice's legal plight.

Just sayin'.

mrz060618-color-1-mb_1_orig.jpg

This is the only tRump pardon I agree with so far.

Then why doesn't he?

He would if he wasn't being harassed by this Mueller investigation and being spied on by Obama.

So the question should be -- Why is Obama stopping Trump from freeing more wrongfully sentenced people? Racist maybe?

Yep! Obama already had the black vote squared away.

If this doesn't show how the Democrats take the "black vote" for granted, I don't know what would.

Once Democrats cut out and herd a group onto the Democrat plantation they think they are there for good even though their lives only get worse. President Trump is gutting them in that arena.

steel.jpg

steel2.jpg

This is the only tRump pardon I agree with so far.
Hopefully you'll fully mature during his benevolent presidency.

He did the right thing and I do believe in harsh penalties for serious drug offences, but this was rediculous. I'm sure there are TENS of thousands of others in the same plight.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back