Who's responsible for the current high prices?

I imagine a lot of it is profiteering. A good sign of this is our gas vendor at the hospital. We got a letter stating that the price of a delivery would go up because of fuel costs rising. Strange how that never went down when fuel costs dipped and have remained pretty consistently lower than they were. Of course the comedic thing about all of this is that Linde isn't paying retail fuel prices; they are buying it wholesale via contracts and getting discounts because of the volume they are committed to purchasing. And I'm sure the wholesale price has gone up as well. But it didn't skyrocket overnight and it sure as heck hasn't come down. Perhaps their wholesaler is screwing them the same way Linde is screwing us. But it supports your point.

The bedrock issue though is this. There is too much money chasing too few goods. We really need to get rid of all of the tariffs and start importing the shit out of everything. Today was a good example. I went to the grocery store. I don't use a lot of cooking oil--I do air frying but for baking you need some oil from time to time. So I want to go buy a small bottle of Crisco. I get there and you have your choice of canola oil, grapeseed oil, corn oil, vegetable oil, avacado oil, olive oil by the barrel. I wanted a 16 ounce bottle of Crisco. They had the gallon, the half gallon, the shortening, the shortening sticks... but not that little bottle. SO I bought Wesson. We'll see how it goes.

BTW...my pecan pie came out perfect!!!
Coconut oil is so much cleaner and healthier.

How do profits rise so precipitously if they’re simply covering their costs?
Gross profits are not net profits... In CA small businesses are closing due to a twenty dollar min wage.... something has to give.... and its the bottom line...
If my costs go up I have to pass it along... get it?... especially if I have investors to think of... every democrat should be forced to go to an economics course...

Businesses do control prices in many sectors of the economy. There are too many sectors that are oligopolies where there is little or no competition. The only thing they have to do is charge more than what it cost them. Republicans have no problem with this.
Indeed.
It’s time for Congress to go on another anti-trust tear like they did to end the last gilded age.

Gross profits are not net profits... In CA small businesses are closing due to a twenty dollar min wage.... something has to give.... and its the bottom line...
If my costs go up I have to pass it along... get it?... especially if I have investors to think of... every democrat should be forced to go to an economics course...
Gross lies are still lies.
Reported profits are net profits, dope.

Y

You guys are too funny. I thought your official line was that prices aren't high anymore? Now you are admitting they are.
EXXXXXXACTLY.....and as I have posted again and again Main Street USA doesn't care WHO..
they only know WHAT... REAL INFLATION must also necessarily include price gouging. Oddly it is those very corporate profits they're bitching about that the government uses to bolster their claims of GOOD ECONOMY. As the corporate bottom lines grow so does the stock market...the number they proudly parade around in THANK YOU BIDEN posts.

What gets inflated during an inflationary period?... answer prices....
Uh huh. Why? Because costs go up?
So simply adjusting prices for rising cost wouldn’t affect upward profits but only maintain them. Right?
The only way profits rise so precipitously is to increase prices beyond the rate of the cost growth. :rolleyes:

Uh huh. Why? Because costs go up?
So simply adjusting prices for rising cost wouldn’t affect upward profits but only maintain them. Right?
The only way profits rise so precipitously is to increase prices beyond the rate of the cost growth. :rolleyes:
You said prices had nothing to do with inflation... accept that you are wrong don't keep digging....

Forum List

Back