Whoa! A Manchin run for President?

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
Joe Concha just offered a scary prospect. Joe Manchin as the best Presidential prospect for the Democrats in 2024! His approval rating is soaring while Biden's continues to fall.

I have to say he would be dangerous for Republicans if the GOP candidate isn't somebody mainstream Americans are really excited about.

The scariest thing in Concha's essay are the names the Democrats are looking at to replace Uncle Joe:
Kamala - Buttigieg - Warren - Sanders - Cory Booker - Beto O'Roark (no kidding)

I have always liked Joe Manchin but he is an old style liberal Democrat. While he does put the people over politics he is unlikely to have the vision or skill set of a Donald Trump on how to get things done the American people want done. He voted to support DJT's nominees more than any other Democrat but he voted to impeach DJT twice.

What do you think? Any chance the Democrats will nominate him given the all out effort to attack or cancel him on social media because he refuses to let Biden destroy the economy?

Joe Concha just offered a scary prospect. Joe Manchin as the best Presidential prospect for the Democrats in 2024! His approval rating is soaring while Biden's continues to fall.

I have to say he would be dangerous for Republicans if the GOP candidate isn't somebody mainstream Americans are really excited about.

The scariest thing in Concha's essay are the names the Democrats are looking at to replace Uncle Joe:
Kamala - Buttigieg - Warren - Sanders - Cory Booker - Beto O'Roark (no kidding)

I have always liked Joe Manchin but he is an old style liberal Democrat. While he does put the people over politics he is unlikely to have the vision or skill set of a Donald Trump on how to get things done the American people want done. He voted to support DJT's nominees more than any other Democrat but he voted to impeach DJT twice.

What do you think? Any chance the Democrats will nominate him given the all out effort to attack or cancel him on social media because he refuses to let Biden destroy the economy?

I would vote for Manchin but he is kind of personna non gtata in the Democratic party. I don't see how he would have a chance in hell of winning the democratic nomination and he hasn't expressed any interest whatsoever in running.

I would vote for Manchin but he is kind of personna non gtata in the Democratic party. I don't see how he would have a chance in hell of winning the democratic nomination and he hasn't expressed any interest whatsoever in running.
Oh they could twist his arm. But is he really persona non grata among the mainstream Democrat voters? Those of us on message boards, Twitter, Facebook see all the vitriol directed at him. But does that reflect the sentiment of the whole?

I think the Democrat powers would run a goat or gorilla for President if they could avoid losing to the GOP. They ran Biden who they KNEW had dementia because he had the highest favorables among Democrats. And if Manchin is the most popular overall. . .

But then again, if the deep state thinks they couldn't control a candidate, I think that candidate doesn't have a chance at the nomination. They knew they could control Biden. I don't know that they could control Manchin. And if they are confident they have the system and numbers and ability to win no matter who they run, who on their list would be the likely choice?

It could be interesting to watch.

He'd have a great shot of winning the general election. But he has about as much chance as John Huntsman did winning the Republican nomination.
Like Nixon....Biden and Harris jettisoned. A bridge connection with someone like Manchin. An agreement with the Repubs. No bullshit and limited legislation until 2024 election results.

I'd vote for him, if a better Republican weren't running. If Manchin runs and a RINO runs, I SURE would vote for him!

The Democrat Party won't allow anyone who doesn't toe the corporatist/WEF line to get the nomination.

See: Bernie Sanders.
That's a good point. The deep state isn't going to allow anybody to be nominated that they can't control. But if their preferred candidate(s) crash and burn, Manchin could start looking better than allowing a DeSantis or Trump or whomever win.

Oh they could twist his arm. But is he really persona non grata among the mainstream Democrat voters? Those of us on message boards, Twitter, Facebook see all the vitriol directed at him. But does that reflect the sentiment of the whole?

I think the Democrat powers would run a goat or gorilla for President if they could avoid losing to the GOP. They ran Biden who they KNEW had dementia because he had the highest favorables among Democrats. And if Manchin is the most popular overall. . .

But then again, if the deep state thinks they couldn't control a candidate, I think that candidate doesn't have a chance at the nomination. They knew they could control Biden. I don't know that they could control Manchin. And if they are confident they have the system and numbers and ability to win no matter who they run, who on their list would be the likely choice?

It could be interesting to watch.
Like I said, I would vote for him but I'm not a democrat.

He'd have a great shot of winning the general election. But he has about as much chance as John Huntsman did winning the Republican nomination.
Are you sure? All the Dem candidates were crashing and burning in 2020 which forced them to get behind Biden. If that is happening in 2024, Manchin could start looking pretty good. The Democrat deep state chooses the candidate and Manchin definitely wouldn't be their choice. But if he turn out to be the only one who could win. . .

Are you sure? All the Dem candidates were crashing and burning in 2020 which forced them to get behind Biden. If that is happening in 2024, Manchin could start looking pretty good. The Democrat deep state chooses the candidate and Manchin definitely wouldn't be their choice. But if he turn out to be the only one who could win. . .
Nice analysis!

Stands a better chance declaring himself an independent then running for the GOP nomination.

Forum List

Back