Who wants Diamonds to be legal currency?

There are two FUBARS.
Gold as money
Diamonds as money
Yep, I know a lot of old local "metal mongers" that will pay spot for precious metals so at least there is that. I guess they horde the crap.

Me, I prefer arms and ammo.....Hell, bars of soap would be better trade fodder than some old biddy's gold wedding band when things really get bad.

Like anything else, you have to buy when it’s low and sell when the price goes up. If you buy from a dealer, they have to make a profit, and if you sell to one, they have to buy at a discount. Gold isn’t for short term gains, it’s a hedge against inflation in the long term.
When you show up at the grocery store, find out by asking them if they will accept Gold.

When you show up at the grocery store, find out by asking them if they will accept Gold.
If you think you can use gold like a dollar bill, you are ignorant to the actual value of owning gold. It’s not currency, even though you can purchase it in coin form. If you buy $100 worth of gold today, and inflation rises by 10%, your gold is worth $110. If you saved your $100, it’s now worth less than when you originally set it aside. Does that make sense to you?

She asked me to purchase her GOLD. I did so. I later learned that to sell it, it would not sell at top prices, but deflated prices. We lost money on GOLD. It was a lesson I never forgot.
If this is true >>> I later learned that to sell it, it would not sell at top prices, but deflated prices.
then why are YOU letting sellers sell to you at Top Prices, and not these Deflated Prices you experienced.

Were you not WISE enough to turn the tables and be the low buyer and high seller.
Hummmmm......^^^^^ points to ponder Robert.

If this is true >>> I later learned that to sell it, it would not sell at top prices, but deflated prices.
then why are YOU letting sellers sell to you at Top Prices, and not these Deflated Prices you experienced.

Were you not WISE enough to turn the tables and be the low buyer and high seller.
Broken clock alert^^^

We hear the Gold hawks plead to use GOLD as the official currency. Buyers of GOLD learn the hard way that deflation is built into the use of GOLD.

My oldest daughter collected coins. She appeared to me to be expert in them. She knew vastly more than I know about prices of Coins and even of Gold. She asked me to purchase her GOLD. I did so. I later learned that to sell it, it would not sell at top prices, but deflated prices. We lost money on GOLD. It was a lesson I never forgot.

Dollars as well as other global currencies can be easily used to purchase goods and labor and easy to deposit into banks.

It got me to wonder since GOLD is well known to be heavy, why not use Diamonds instead? A small hard stone located on the ring fingers of many millions of women would seem to be superior to GOLD.
Any thoughts on this?
When buying gold items, make sure you buy at scrap value. Paying a premium because what it was made into creates risk.

I did not deal with sellers. I dealt with a trusted and extremely smart coin dealer who also sold bullion. I have to ask my daughter if she kept it since it was for her.

Story of the Coin Dealer Ron Miller who was our friend.

Banks will buy your gold or at least mine did some time back.
Do Banks pay at the rates of the day?

You were clever to get out of the gold business and return to dollars.

Forum List

Back