Who Thinks the Economy Will Be Back to January 2020 Levels by End of October This Year?

Where will the DJIA be by the end of this October, 2020?

• Below 25000

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • 25000 to 26000

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • 26000 to 27000

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 27000 to 28000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 28000 to 29000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 29000 to 30000

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Over 30000

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
How will Democrats get the Economy back and how soon will they do it? My bet is they will delay and drag out the misery using the opportunity to transform the country. Democrats have no incentive to deliver on a strong economy. Democrats depends on misery to sustain power.

Like McConnell said, the goal is to make the president a one-term President. Can you blame the Democrats for employing a GOP strategy?

How will Democrats get the Economy back and how soon will they do it? My bet is they will delay and drag out the misery using the opportunity to transform the country. Democrats have no incentive to deliver on a strong economy. Democrats depends on misery to sustain power.
I love it when folks answer their own question. Democrats don't have to a damn thing except let the electorate vote DJT out of office.

Like McConnell said, the goal is to make the president a one-term President. Can you blame the Democrats for employing a GOP strategy?

Your post has nothing to do with Democrats and how they handle the Economy. My post is based on the scenario of them WINNING the White House and The Hill and why they won’t push policies to improve the Economy.

Interesting. But what Democrat articulated that strategy? This time around it is about voting and brushing the vermin out of the WH.

Your post has nothing to do with Democrats and how they handle the Economy. My post is based on the scenario of them WINNING the White House and The Hill and why they won’t push policies to improve the Economy.

It has everything to do with the politics of dragging their feet; just like the GOP did with Obama.

Both parties are out to lunch fiscally

He used the word Democrats in his post, so how can you claim his response has nothing to do with your post?

I guess you're talking about the DJIA; it climbed 149% under Obama and his supposedly anti-business regulations.

He had 8 years in which the DJIA grew in spite of Obama rather than because of Obama. Big difference. If an economy grows in spite of a President or political party’s power, it is usually over a long period of time, not short term.

I guess you're talking about the DJIA; it climbed 149% under Obama and his supposedly anti-business regulations.

He had 8 years in which the DJIA grew in spite of Obama rather than because of Obama. Big difference. If an economy grows in spite of a President or political party’s power, it is usually over a long period of time, not short term.

Sure. So I guess the environmental restrictions had no effect on business if the DJIA climbed 149% (as it did). Right?

Sure. So I guess the environmental restrictions had no effect on business if the DJIA climbed 149% (as it did). Right?

He used the word Democrats in his post, so how can you claim his response has nothing to do with your post?

He is talking about the party out of power obstructing a President which is what McConnell did and is what Pelosi is doing. I am referring to when the party is in power.

So you didn't make any money in the market when BHO was in office?

Dude, Apple has been so good to me under the BHO stock market. But I digress.

I used to be in the market more than I am now. I settled on some mutual funds and just leave them alone.

I used to listen to a podcast from the Motley Fool and they have a section on every podcast where the experts there talk about "Stocks on our RADAR". The three panelists would each pick a stock they think is going to climb. I put a tracker on each one they mentioned for about two months. I still get updates. Almost without exception, the stocks have grown. I resolved to start buying based on their recommendations but I haven't started yet. The funds seem to be doing well all things considered.

He is talking about the party out of power obstructing a President which is what McConnell did and is what Pelosi is doing. I am referring to when the party is in power.

Oh, thats simple. Blame the Republicans for obstructing. As for "bringing back" the economy, there isn't much the President can do unless they have the entire congress behind them.

What did Obama do? What policies dod he pursue? His environmental restrictions and other egregious regulatory policies were met with companies reducing their workforce, cutting costs, working leaner. The DJIA growth did not accelerate until the end of Obama Reign when investors knew he could do no more harm. Cash sat on the sidelines for most of Obama’s two terms. Imagine how much better we would have been compared to 149 percent?

Obfuscate all you want. I'll copy and past here.

"How will Democrats get the Economy back and how soon will they do it? "

Ask DJT and Republicans that question. Donnie is the new master of Republican economics. Voo-doo doesn't even come close to this mess. This was the golden goose that DJT slaughtered in the name of gaudy, gilded reality TV hubris.

Forum List

Back