Who They Were/IDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanadesaga

Old Man Down the Road
Jul 30, 2008
New York State
DoD Announces Army Casualty

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Sgt. James A. McHale, 31, of Fairfield, Mont., died July 30 at the National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, Md., of wounds suffered July 22 in Taji, Iraq, when his vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 40th Engineer Battalion, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division, Baumholder, Germany.

a-montana.gif

Last edited:
DoD Identifies Marine Casualty

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Staff Sgt. Faoa L. Apineru, 31, of Yorba Linda, Calif., died July 2, 2007, from wounds sustained while supporting combat operations in Al Anbar province, Iraq. He was assigned to Headquarters Company, 23rd Marines, 4th Marine Division, Marine Forces Reserve.

Staff Sgt. Apineru was wounded on May 15, 2005. After his death on July 2, 2007, the initial medical examiner concluded that Apineru did not die from injuries sustained during his deployment, but a subsequent opinion by the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology indicated that his death was a result of his injuries sustained in Iraq.

a-ca.gif

Last edited:
DoD Identifies Army Casualty

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Spc. Seteria L. Brown, 22, of Orlando, Fla., died July 25 in Sharana, Afghanistan, of injuries sustained in a non-combat related incident. She was assigned to the 62nd Engineer Battalion, 36th Engineer Brigade, Fort Hood Texas.

The incident is under investigation.

a-florida.gif

Last edited:

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Pfc. Ivan I. Wilson, 22, of Clearlake, Calif., died July 21 while supporting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 7th Marines, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Twentynine Palms, Calif.

a-ca.gif

Last edited:

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

1st Lt. Nick A. Dewhirst, 25, of Onalaska, Wis., died July 20 in the Qalandar District of the Khost Province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when his convoy came under attack by individuals using rocket propelled grenades and small arms fire. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 506th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), Fort Campbell, Ky.

a-wi.gif

Last edited:

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Staff Sgt. Danny P. Dupre, 28, of Lockport, La., died July 15 from wounds sustained while supporting combat operations in Al Anbar province, Iraq. He was assigned to 1st Battalion, 9th Marines, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

a-la.gif

Last edited:
The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

1st Lt. Jason D. Mann, 29, of Woodlynne, N.J., died July 17 from a non-hostile incident in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 6th Marines, 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

a-nj.gif

Last edited:
DoD Identifies Air Force Casualty

The Department of Defense announced today the death of an airman who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Tech. Sgt. Jackie L. Larsen, 37, of Tacoma, Wash., died of natural causes July 17 at Balad Air Base, Iraq. She was assigned to the 9th Reconnaissance Wing, Beale Air Force Base, Calif.

a-wa.gif

Last edited:

Pfc. Willington M. Rhoads, 23, of Las Vegas, Nev., died July 16 in Bagram, Afghanistan, of injuries suffered from a non-combat related incident. He was assigned to the 173rd Brigade Support Battalion (Airborne), Vicenza, Italy.

a-nevada.gif

Last edited:
DoD Identifies Navy Casualty

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a sailor who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Aviation Boatswain Mate Third Class Petty officer Daniel R. Verbeke, 25, of Exton, Penn., died July 14 in Paoli, Penn. of complications from injuries he suffered in a flight deck accident in December 2005 while serving aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt, CVN-71.

a-pa.gif

Last edited:

Lance Cpl. Jeffery S. Stevenson, 20, of Newton, N.J., died July 13 from a non-hostile incident in Al Anbar province, Iraq. He was assigned to the 7th Engineer Support Battalion, 1st Marine Logistics Group, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif.

The incident is currently under investigation.

a-nj.gif

Last edited:

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Staff Sgt. Jeremy D. Vrooman, 28, of Sioux Falls, S.D., died Jul 15 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated while his unit was conducting combat operations in Kn'an, Iraq. He was assigned to the 2nd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, 2nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division, Vilseck, Germany.

a-sd.gif

Last edited:
I'm sort of waiting for someone to come in and post something along the lines of:

"Yeah, so? People die in wars. It's a war. Who gives a shit?"

I've seen such sentiments posted in the thread where people are debating the number of civilian casualties.

I guess I have to presume they'll feel the same way about the above deaths, as well.

I'm sort of waiting for someone to come in and post something along the lines of:

"Yeah, so? People die in wars. It's a war. Who gives a shit?"

I've seen such sentiments posted in the thread where people are debating the number of civilian casualties.

I guess I have to presume they'll feel the same way about the above deaths, as well.

This is my 6-7th board where I post the names of our soldiers who have died in this fruitless war. and I have seen all types of responses. From congratulatory to outright hatred for posting these names. they think I'm desecrating them. I've been threatened with physical violence, (kinda hard on the web) and legal action.

I guess they don;t realize that these are news releases from the DoD. I do not edit in any way. but I find it strange that supposed americans rail against free speech and the desemination of information.

Hmmm...let's discuss the fact that US casualties are the lowest they've been since the beginning of the war, and IRAQI CASUALTIES are down 75 percent.

Sounds to me like it's not a fruitless war, given the fact that Saddam is gone and Iraq is a much safer place to be today.

Hmmm...let's discuss the fact that US casualties are the lowest they've been since the beginning of the war, and IRAQI CASUALTIES are down 75 percent.

Sounds to me like it's not a fruitless war, given the fact that Saddam is gone and Iraq is a much safer place to be today.

Fruitless, because we shouldn't have gone to Iraq in the first place. Fruitless because it isn't over yet. Fruitless, well except for Haliburton, Bechtel and Blackwater amonmg others. It has been very fruitful for them.

Not fruitful for our country, we've had to borrow money from communist China to pay for this little war and your great grandchildren are still going to be paying it off long after you're dead.

Fruitless, because 4128 American soldiers died for oil, so far.

Fruitless, because usama bin laden is still on the loose.

Fruitless, because even the Rand Corp. says law-enforcement, NOT military is the way to succeed against terrorism.

I could go on, but somehow I suspect you've already stopped reading because what I say is true and rush limpballs hasn't told you yet what to say.

This is my 6-7th board where I post the names of our soldiers who have died in this fruitless war. and I have seen all types of responses. From congratulatory to outright hatred for posting these names. they think I'm desecrating them. I've been threatened with physical violence, (kinda hard on the web) and legal action.

I guess they don;t realize that these are news releases from the DoD. I do not edit in any way. but I find it strange that supposed americans rail against free speech and the desemination of information.

I don't object to you posting these, Kan.

Hell, as far as I'm concerned you can do it for every person killed there.

My previous observation still stands.

The psuedo macho types on this board like to remind us that people die in wars and that's why we should stop bitching about it.

You're just giving some of those statistics real identities.

Go for it!

DoD Announces Army Casualty

Sgt. James A. McHale, 31, of Fairfield, Mont., died July 30 at the National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, Md., of wounds suffered July 22 in Taji, Iraq, when his vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 40th Engineer Battalion, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division, Baumholder, Germany.

a-montana.gif

Spc. Kevin R. Dickson, 21, of Steelville, Mo., died Aug. 2 in Balad, Iraq, of injuries suffered in a non-combat related incident. He was assigned to the 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne), Group Support Battalion, Group Service Support Company, Fort Carson, Colo.

a-mo.gif

DoD Identifies Army Casualties

The Department of Defense announced today the death of four soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom. They died Aug. 1 in Chowkay Valley, Afghanistan, from wounds sustained when their vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device.

Killed were:

Pfc. David J. Badie, 23, of Rockford, Ill., who was assigned to the Special Troops Battalion, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Hood, Texas.

2nd Lt. Michael R. Girdano, 23, of Pennsylvania, who was assigned to the Special Troops Battalion, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Hood, Texas.

Spc. William J. Mulvihill, 20, of Leavenworth, Kan., who was assigned to the Special Troops Battalion, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Hood, Texas.

Pvt. Jair De Jesus Garcia, 29, of Chatsworth, Calif., who was assigned to the 6th Squadron, 4th Cavalry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Hood, Texas.

a-il.gif
a-pa.gif
a-kansas.gif
a-ca.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back