Nothing is More Important This Week Than Memorial Day

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
This is the week leading into Memorial Day. It is being observed Monday, May 30, but as always the whole weekend will be the Memorial Day weekend, which will feature parades and solemn ceremonies at military cemeteries all over the USA.

I don't want this hugely important holiday to go by without a memorable tribute paid to all our fallen true heroes, regardless of which war they fought in, and what politics may have been associated with it.

Without any further ado, the following are some of the men & women whom we all owe a great debt of gratitude to. Thank you to all of them, and may they rest in peace.

6014.jpg
Air Force Lt. Col. Gwendolyn A. Locht, 46, of Fort Walton Beach, Florida......Died November 16, 2010 Serving During Operation Enduring Freedom ; assigned to 96th Inpatient Operations Squadron, Eglin Air Force Base, Florida.; died in Houston, Texas, after having been medically evacuated from Kandahar, Afghanistan.

Christian-J.-Chandler.jpg
Army Spc. Christian J. Chandler, 20, of Trenton, Texas........Died April 28, 2014 Serving During Operation Enduring Freedom ; assigned to 2nd Battalion, 87th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light), Fort Drum, N.Y.; died in Logar province, Afghanistan, of wounds caused by small-arms fire.

Roberto-C.-Skelt.jpg
Army Sgt. 1st Class Roberto C. Skelt, 41, of York, Florida............Died February 12, 2014 Serving During Operation Enduring Freedom ; assigned to 2nd Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne), Fort Bragg, N.C.; died in Kapisa province, Afghanistan, of wounds caused by small-arms fire.
William-K-Lacey.jpg
Army Sgt. First Class William K. Lacey, 38, of Laurel Hill, Florida............Died January 4, 2014 Serving During Operation Enduring Freedom ; assigned to 201st Brigade Support Battalion, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Knox, Ky.; died in Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan, of injuries sustained when the enemy attacked his unit with rocket propelled grenades.

Brittany-Gordon-Freedom-Remembered.JPG
Army Spc. Brittany B. Gordon, 24, of St. Petersburg, Florida............Died October 13, 2012 Serving During Operation Enduring Freedom ; assigned to 572 Military Intelligence Company, 2nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.; died in Kandahar, Afghanistan, of wounds caused by an improvised explosive device.

Richard-L-Vazquez30.jpg
Army Staff Sgt. Richard L. Vazquez, 28, of Seguin, Texas...........Died November 13, 2013 Serving During Operation Enduring Freedom ; assigned to 3rd Battalion, 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne), Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.; died Nov. 13, in Kandahar, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when his unit was attacked with an improvised explosive device while on dismounted patrol in Panjwai, Afghanistan.

images
images

kia-600.jpg

images
images
images

1995879638.jpg

Thank you.

However, honoring them does not mean we should bomb the ME into the Stone Age. Agreed?

However, honoring them does not mean that we deprive our citizens of their civil liberties without due process of law. Agreed?

Thank you.

However, honoring them does not mean we should bomb the ME into the Stone Age. Agreed?

However, honoring them does not mean that we deprive our citizens of their civil liberties without due process of law. Agreed?

What civil liberties are you talking about JakeAss?....And YES, Memorial day is one that NO AMERICAN should forget!

All civil liberties, Vigilantevalorless, and yes, Memorial Day should always be honored.

Thank you.

What I agree to is that this is a thread for honoring people, not talking politics. Plenty of other threads around for doing that.

All civil liberties, Vigilantevalorless, and yes, Memorial Day should always be honored.
Name a few civil liberties that YOU think are in danger....this should be interesting.
As long as we keep an eye on your ilk, we are fine. Do you think any are in danger?
Yes, I'm dangerous....to little subversives like yourself! :ahole-1:
No, you are only snarky and not dangerous to anyone. :)

Thank you.

What I agree to is that this is a thread for honoring people, not talking politics. Plenty of other threads around for doing that.
I agree. I remember my father and uncles, my mother, her fiance lost in the sky over WWII, and all of their friends and neighbors who paid great dues in WWII. And my grandfather who was gassed in WWI. My great grandfather in the Philippines in 1899 and 1900. And our family members who fought in the Civil War, in Mexico, and during the War of Independence.

Steel_Michael.jpg
Air Force Capt. James Michael Steel, of Tampa, Florida.........Died April 3, 2013, in the crash of an F-16 near Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan.Branch: Unit: 77th Fighter Squadron, Shaw Air Force Base, S.C

brian-leonhardt.jpg
Army Spec. Brian J. Leonhardt..........Died in Kandahar province, Afghanistan, Jan 6th, 2012, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked their vehicle with makeshift bomb.

dimitri-del-castillo.jpg
Army 1st Lt. Dimitri A. Del Castillo, 24, of Tampa, Florida,..........Died at Kunar province, Afghanistan, Jun 25th, 2011, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked their units with small arms fire.

Name a few civil liberties that YOU think are in danger....this should be interesting.
Please don't egg him on, Vigilante. The focus here, is on the people who sacrificed their lives - NOTHING ELSE.
Vigilante is a pimple on the ass of the board. Ignore him, protectionist. Concentrate on our heroes.

I enjoy watching a FRUIT, like yourself, getting all steamed up! I missed your rants and raves JakeAss.... all the other sites were TAME compared to this!

'
I get so tired of the incessant, unthinking glorification of militarism in the present-day United States of Hysteria.

It is little different from the militarist ideology of the Nazi era -- and pretty diametrically opposed to the American way of thinking before the disaster of the Second World War.

I feel sorry for the unthinking grunts who have been the tools for the oligarchs who have wrecked so many countries and who have bled this country white to support obscene profits for the war industries, but I will never glorify them.

The reality of our soldiers sorry state is the way our rulers throw them away like used lemon peels after they come home -- the Veterans Agency stalls, denies, derides, and grudgingly treats the physical and mental wounds these pawns of the military oligarchy have suffered.

You guys can get maudlin about the vampirism of the American military, but count me out.

'
I get so tired of the incessant, unthinking glorification of militarism in the present-day United States of Hysteria.

It is little different from the militarist ideology of the Nazi era -- and pretty diametrically opposed to the American way of thinking before the disaster of the Second World War.

I feel sorry for the unthinking grunts who have been the tools for the oligarchs who have wrecked so many countries and who have bled this country white to support obscene profits for the war industries, but I will never glorify them.

The reality of our soldiers sorry state is the way our rulers throw them away like used lemon peels after they come home -- the Veterans Agency stalls, denies, derides, and grudgingly treats the physical and mental wounds these pawns of the military oligarchy have suffered.

You guys can get maudlin about the vampirism of the American military, but count me out.
If you wanted to be counted out, you could have just not posted. And your post is OFF TOPIC. As stated in the OP, this is not about politics. GET IT ?

'
Nonsense! Nothing could be more political than the glorification of militarism!

I shall not contribute further to this silly thread -- I have expressed my opinion, as have you.

But remember: I am not the only person who feels this way -- though our views are never expressed in the captive, oligarchic US media. However, someday we will be the "silent majority" -- if not, then the USA is doomed.

Last edited:
I kept the thread real and stopped any fake jingoism.

This is about our heros, not about silly left or right politics.

Forum List

Back