Who Should Replace Eric Holder?

LiberalMedia

VIP Member
May 21, 2014
NC
Obviously, no one can really replace Eric Holder--much like President Obama, he's larger than life and cannot simply be replaced--so rather, who do you think should fill Holder's position as Attorney General? Faux News had a surprisingly good breakdown of potential names in the ring:

Five Candidates Who Could Replace AG Eric Holder Two Who Have Said No - Fox Nation

1.) Don Verrilli

Verrilli, who serves as the nation's solicitor general, is a longtime Obama aide thought to be well liked within both the Justice Department and the West Wing.

Verrilli earned his greatest national prominence when he argued on behalf of the Obama administration in the 2012 Supreme Court case challenging the constitutionality of ObamaCare. Although legal experts initially panned his performance, Chief Justice John Roberts joined the court's liberal bloc to uphold the vast majority of the law.

3.) Kamala Harris

California Attorney General Kamala Harris is widely considered as one of the Democratic Party's rising stars, and is expected to eventually seek either the governor's mansion or a U.S. Senate seat. A stint in Washington could help raise her profile for such a campaign, and she has prominent boosters on Capitol Hill — House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) among them.

I was quite happy to see Harris' name in particular on this list, as she sprung to mind immediately as being a great option.

Thoughts?

pc_profile_ben.png

Obviously, no one can really replace Eric Holder--much like President Obama, he's larger than life and cannot simply be replaced--so rather, who do you think should fill Holder's position as Attorney General? Faux News had a surprisingly good breakdown of potential names in the ring:

Five Candidates Who Could Replace AG Eric Holder Two Who Have Said No - Fox Nation

1.) Don Verrilli

Verrilli, who serves as the nation's solicitor general, is a longtime Obama aide thought to be well liked within both the Justice Department and the West Wing.

Verrilli earned his greatest national prominence when he argued on behalf of the Obama administration in the 2012 Supreme Court case challenging the constitutionality of ObamaCare. Although legal experts initially panned his performance, Chief Justice John Roberts joined the court's liberal bloc to uphold the vast majority of the law.

3.) Kamala Harris

California Attorney General Kamala Harris is widely considered as one of the Democratic Party's rising stars, and is expected to eventually seek either the governor's mansion or a U.S. Senate seat. A stint in Washington could help raise her profile for such a campaign, and she has prominent boosters on Capitol Hill — House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) among them.

I was quite happy to see Harris' name in particular on this list, as she sprung to mind immediately as being a great option.

Thoughts?

Does it really matter? Anyone he picks is gonna be another communist puppet like Holder.

I have no suggestion, LM. I have a comment though. It seems to me this is a turning point for America. The point of no return. So long as Eric Holder was in place - he was the queen on the board - protecting King Obama. Why sacrifice your queen at this stage of the game unless you know the other side cannot possibly take you off the board now?

You see, this is a sign to me that he doesn't need Holder to protect him. He is in a strong enough position now that it won't matter who he appoints. Truly this is a turning point we are at now. Very sad news for America. I hope I'm wrong but I don't believe I am.

An honest person who truly cares about blind justice should replace him. Of course, if Obama was interested in those qualities, he wouldn't have chosen Holder to begin with.

Thoughts?

Yes, in the interest of multiculturalism and liberalism, I think an Iranian with abundant access to whips, ropes, and crane booms should be our next attorney general. Don't you agree, troll?

As long as he/she legalizes pot, I don't care who they put in..

The last time I talked to Christine Gregoire, she was still excited about being a new Grandma but-----but if...
...three time Washington state Attorney General and
...Chairman of the National Governors Association and
...two time Governor Chris Gregoire chooses to get back into fray...
she'd be a great advocate for the law, for the constitution for women for minorities and-----and by the by Moonglow, Governor Gregoire tried to get the federal law changed to legalize marijuana.

Forum List

Back