Who is Roger Ailes?

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Roger Ailes and the rise of Fox News | Media | The Guardian

Ailes found his calling in television. He proved to be a TV wunderkind, charting a meteoric rise to executive producer by the age of 25. Ailes had an uncanny feel for stagecraft and how to make conversational performances pop on live television. But it was behind the scenes at Mike Douglas in 1967 that Ailes met the man who would set him on his path as the greatest political operative of his generation: Richard Milhous Nixon. The former vice-president – whose stilted and sweaty debate performance against John F Kennedy had helped doom his presidential bid in 1960 – was on a media tour to rehabilitate his image. Waiting with Nixon in his office before the show, Ailes needled his powerful guest. "The camera doesn't like you," he said. Nixon wasn't pleased. "It's a shame a man has to use gimmicks like television to get elected," he grumbled. "Television is not a gimmick," Ailes said. "And if you think it is, you'll lose again."

The exchange was a defining moment for both men. Nixon became convinced that he had met a boy genius who could market him to the American public. Ailes had fallen hard for his first candidate. He soon abandoned his high-powered job producing Mike Douglas and signed on as Nixon's "executive producer for television". For Ailes, the infatuation was personal – and it is telling that the man who got him into politics would prove to be one of he most paranoid and dirty campaigners in the history of American politics. "I don't know anyone else around that I would have done it for," Ailes has said, "other than Nixon."

• Banned
The Guy learned his craft from Nixion.

You know why they called him tricky dick dont you?

Nixon and Clinton were the two most intelligent men to be president in the last 100 years. Both were corrupt. Doesn't mean that a person can't learn some great things from either of them.

Nixon and Clinton were the two most intelligent men to be president in the last 100 years. Both were corrupt. Doesn't mean that a person can't learn some great things from either of them.

Even Obama believes a lot was learned from Wright despoite his "other" sentiments.
Hill believed a lot was learned from Mao despite his other sentiments

But when it is a conservative?

You must be BAD BAD BAD...all is BAD BAD BAD.

Jeez...it must be tough being TM. She lives in a world of paranoia and spin.

Even Obama believes a lot was learned from Wright despoite his "other" sentiments.
Hill believed a lot was learned from Mao despite his other sentiments

But when it is a conservative?

You must be BAD BAD BAD...all is BAD BAD BAD.

Jeez...it must be tough being TM. She lives in a world of paranoia and spin.

Be fair! She has 8 high functioning siblings - that's gotta be tough!

Ailes was a republicans stratagist you guys.

He worled for the dirtiest president we ever had.

You know the one that had to resign in shame.

Ailes is still a republican strategist.

Oh...I didnt realize Ailes was indicted for his involvement with Watergate.

Or should we assume that everyone that was a republican back in the late 60's is corrupt?

How about you...I assume you voted for Clinton....are you the type that would screw around with an intern behind your spouses back?

You are truly paranoid TM...you need some help. You seem to want to blast people based on the actions of other people......that is unAmerican.

Why do you hate America?

I can surely tell you why America likely hates you if you want.

Before signing on to run the new network, Ailes demanded that Murdoch get "carriage" – distribution on cable systems nationwide. In the normal course of business, cable outfits such as Time Warner pay content providers such as CNN or MTV for the right to air their programmes. But Murdoch turned the business model on its head. He didn't just give Fox News away – he paid the cable companies to air it. To get Fox News into 25m homes, Murdoch paid cable companies as much as $20 a subscriber. "Murdoch's offer shocked the industry," writes biographer Neil Chenoweth. "He was prepared to shell out half a billion dollars just to buy a news voice." Even before it took to the air, Fox News was guaranteed access to a mass audience, bought and paid for. Ailes hailed Murdoch's "nerve", adding: "This is capitalism and one of the things that made this country great."

Or should we assume that everyone that was a republican back in the late 60's is corrupt?

How about you...I assume you voted for Clinton....are you the type that would screw around with an intern behind your spouses back?

You are truly paranoid TM...you need some help. You seem to want to blast people based on the actions of other people......that is unAmerican.

Why do you hate America?

Actually, every republican throughout history was corrupt - and still is - to TM. :lol:

But we don't 'hate' TM.... we should feel sorry for her.... not 'hate'.

Why do you hate America?

Paranoid? This one's full-bore mentally ill. I mean read her shit, it is pointless drek.

Before signing on to run the new network, Ailes demanded that Murdoch get "carriage" – distribution on cable systems nationwide. In the normal course of business, cable outfits such as Time Warner pay content providers such as CNN or MTV for the right to air their programmes. But Murdoch turned the business model on its head. He didn't just give Fox News away – he paid the cable companies to air it. To get Fox News into 25m homes, Murdoch paid cable companies as much as $20 a subscriber. "Murdoch's offer shocked the industry," writes biographer Neil Chenoweth. "He was prepared to shell out half a billion dollars just to buy a news voice." Even before it took to the air, Fox News was guaranteed access to a mass audience, bought and paid for. Ailes hailed Murdoch's "nerve", adding: "This is capitalism and one of the things that made this country great."

Before leaving office, Clinton pardoned one of the most notorious tax evaders in the history of our country. He did so per the advice of Eric Holder.

Obama has since appointed Eric Holder as the leading attorney in the free world.

So why on earth do you support Obama?

Obvilusly, per your warped logic, Obama supported the actions of a man that evaded millions in taxes...and became a fuguitive for years to avoid prosecution.

Obama supports tax evaders.....why would you support the criminal?

Before leaving office, Clinton pardoned one of the most notorious tax evaders in the history of our country. He did so per the advice of Eric Holder.

Obama has since appointed Eric Holder as the leading attorney in the free world.

So why on earth do you support Obama?

Obvilusly, per your warped logic, Obama supported the actions of a man that evaded millions in taxes...and became a fuguitive for years to avoid prosecution.

Obama supports tax evaders.....why would you support the criminal?

DOH!!!

:eek:

The American Left, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Communist Party, despised Nixon because of his role in hanging that genuine Communist Spy Alger Hiss

Forum List

Back