Who is responsible for your place in life?

Who is most responsible for your place in life?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We are all responsible for our own successes and failures. No politician or political party is going to save you. So don't wait for that happen. God will save you though. Turn to God and you'll see a big difference in your life. Have faith.

Are you a millionaire?

Does that really matter? Success or failure depends on you. It is more convenient to blame others when we fail but it's wrong. It's not about being jealous or which politician and political party you support. It's about you. Make peace with God and accept him into your life. It will make all the difference in your life. God bless and have a great Sunday.

All the above.

You think you would have the same capacity to succeed if you were born in Rwanda as you do if you were born here?

We are all responsible for our own successes and failures. No politician or political party is going to save you. So don't wait for that happen. God will save you though. Turn to God and you'll see a big difference in your life. Have faith.

Are you a millionaire?

Do you only consider an individual successful if they are a millionaire?

Of course not. Do you consider a person making 25k a year to be a failure?

Are you a millionaire?

Does that really matter? Success or failure depends on you. It is more convenient to blame others when we fail but it's wrong. It's not about being jealous or which politician and political party you support. It's about you. Make peace with God and accept him into your life. It will make all the difference in your life. God bless and have a great Sunday.

Sure it matters. According to you either you're a failure because you're not a millionaire or God let you down by not living up to his end of the bargain. So which is it?

Yes! ANOTHER thread designed to prompt unrelenting masturbation from the nutters.

Even though many of the protesters.....myself included.....are firmly grounded in comfortable middle class circumstances....these nutters believe that they own the rights to personal responsibility.

My protests are not in response to the situation that I am currently in financially.....but in response to the knowledge that if we do not do something to rebuild the middle class and re-establish a strong manufacturing base here.....the decline will continue. Voting in the best interests of the poorest among us is voting in my best interests.

Unlike nutters, I feel that my actions ( and inactions ) have an effect on others as well as myself. We are not alone in this world.

Yes! ANOTHER thread designed to prompt unrelenting masturbation from the nutters.

Even though many of the protesters.....myself included.....are firmly grounded in comfortable middle class circumstances....these nutters believe that they own the rights to personal responsibility.

My protests are not in response to the situation that I am currently in financially.....but in response to the knowledge that if we do not do something to rebuild the middle class and re-establish a strong manufacturing base here.....the decline will continue. Voting in the best interests of the poorest among us is voting in my best interests.

Unlike nutters, I feel that my actions ( and inactions ) have an effect on others as well as myself. We are not alone in this world.

The trip with your child is one thing. You would have been just as effective talking to your commode for what was accomplished.

I too could rally for some of the ideas. Bitching at a bank will do nothing but draw ridicule for a completely wasted effort.

This is nothing but a WTO protest

Are you a millionaire?

Sure it matters. According to you either you're a failure because you're not a millionaire or God let you down by not living up to his end of the bargain. So which is it?

You are assuming 'being a success' is being a millionaire. Hardly. Personal contentment does not come fom just money, but attitude, love and faith. None of those things happen spontaneously. They all take effort and understanding.

Of course not. Do you consider a person making 25k a year to be a failure?

Only if they complain about it rather than doing something about it to better themselves.

So if I find any post with you complaining I can consider you a failure?

Complaining about my station in life and blaming others for it? Sure

EDIT: I'm leaving for an afternoon of beer and football so will look in later to see what you come up with.

Last edited:

You are assuming 'being a success' is being a millionaire. Hardly. Personal contentment does not come fom just money, but attitude, love and faith. None of those things happen spontaneously. They all take effort and understanding.

I'm going on the notion that the fringe right wing nuts on this site have repeatedly preached that everything you do in life is your own choice and you have full control. That millionaires worked hard for their success and should not be "punished".

These same people preach how independent they are and how they've earned everything that they have. However MANY of these same people are not millionaires themselves in fact most are barely making ends meet, don't have health insurance, are unemployed and are barely getting by.

Apparently all it takes is hard work and determination to be a millionaire if you ask the far-right. So if I were to listen to what they are preaching I would have to consider any of them who is not a millionaire to be a failure. Because they should just "work harder", "stop being lazy" and stop "blaming others".

I'm going on the notion that the fringe right wing nuts on this site have repeatedly preached that everything you do in life is your own choice and you have full control. That millionaires worked hard for their success and should not be "punished".

These same people preach how independent they are and how they've earned everything that they have. However MANY of these same people are not millionaires themselves in fact most are barely making ends meet, don't have health insurance, are unemployed and are barely getting by.

Apparently all it takes is hard work and determination to be a millionaire if you ask the far-right. So if I were to listen to what they are preaching I would have to consider any of them who is not a millionaire to be a failure. Because they should just "work harder", "stop being lazy" and stop "blaming others".

if you want, but that's stupid. You ever stop and think that not everyone sits around and dreams about being millionaires ? While sure, they live paycheck to paycheck, they may be happy that they were not stupid enough to buy that house when they were handing them out left and right or that they did not use there credit to live beyond there means Are they failures ? See, the ones that are really hurting are the ones who did all that. They did not make enough money to fund there life style. So they subsidized it with a line of credit. When it came time to pay up, they could not, so they got hurt. in my mind that makes them the failures, not the folks who saved there money and not draw five lines of credit.

My grandfather built something from nothing.
My father built something from nothing.
I took that something and made a bigger something out of it- all the while not using other peoples' (or the government's) anythings.

Nothing succeeds like success, eh?

I am personally responsible for my own place in life.

It is up to me to make the most or least of it.

Really?

How clever of you to have arranged to be born to the family you did, in the land that you were born into, in the time that you were born.

I wish I'd had that much foresight.

The real answer for everyone is:

"All of the above plus some".

However, a major determinant of financial success is an individuals level of single minded selfishness. Most of the financially successful people I've known, and I've known quite a few, are extreme narcissists.

Responsibilities to other people can play a major role in preventing an individual from achieving financial success. Honesty and the adherence to morals also dampen the prospects.

There a lot of truth to the phrase:

"it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

-Matthew 19:24

I am personally responsible for my own place in life.

It is up to me to make the most or least of it.

Really?

How clever of you to have arranged to be born to the family you did, in the land that you were born into, in the time that you were born.

I wish I'd had that much foresight.

That was weak..

But when you need excuses you need excuses.

Are you a millionaire?

Miscommunication i guess. I didn't say that. And God will not let you down. You have to make the effort though. And God will match that effort. No politician or political party can do that for you. Success or failure really does depend on you in the end.

Really a combination of all of the above. However my reaction to outside influences positive or negative are what makes the ultimate difference.

if you want, but that's stupid. You ever stop and think that not everyone sits around and dreams about being millionaires ? While sure, they live paycheck to paycheck, they may be happy that they were not stupid enough to buy that house when they were handing them out left and right or that they did not use there credit to live beyond there means Are they failures ? See, the ones that are really hurting are the ones who did all that. They did not make enough money to fund there life style. So they subsidized it with a line of credit. When it came time to pay up, they could not, so they got hurt. in my mind that makes them the failures, not the folks who saved there money and not draw five lines of credit.

Tell that to the people who idolize the rich and define "moochers" by how much money someone makes.

Forum List

Back