CDZ Who Is Better: Bush or Obama?

PGreen

Nov 24, 2014
So many opinions and beliefs. Bush is a troublemaker. Obama is just awful. No one can be worse, than each of them.
And I wonder...Who do you hate more?

I don't hate either one of them. I thought Bush the Younger was too weak and controlled by Cheney and his staff, but towards the end I felt he grew into the job. Unfortunately, too late for it to matter. Obama was not qualified for the job and is still mediocre at best. I'd say its pretty much a wash.

Ironically, Bush's biggest flaw was going along with the status quo instead of correcting the sub-prime mess before it exploded, while Obama's biggest flaw is trying to force new policies on an unwilling public.

Ironically, Bush's biggest flaw was going along with the status quo instead of correcting the sub-prime mess before it exploded, while Obama's biggest flaw is trying to force new policies on an unwilling public.

Bush

Obama is the most destructive President in American history. He is the capstone of the radical movement that began in the 1960s and has now imbedded itself as a permanent cancer in the body politic of this country.

only reason I dislike mrobamais because of obamacare and his recent action on illegals . Bush was ok because he didn't get his way on illegals .

Anybody care to provide some metrics by which they would be compared.

Obama is taller (objective).

Bush is dumber (subjective).

Bush is white (objective).

Obama is a terrible leader (subjective).

Obama's approval rating is X (objective).

Obama sucks (obj....ooops...subjective).

Really...what metrics do you utilize ?

Hate? Neither one
Who is worse?
Bush Jr.'s main faults were completely ignoring the entire financial system (but so has Obama)
Doing nothing about an ever increasing immigration problem.
Disastrous, unforgivably bad job directing the war in Iraq.

Obama...completely unqualified for the job. To this day still does not act like a President.
He has been the best friend to WallStreet/Corporatism that has ever been - no contest, while marginalizing and ignoring the plight of the average American. There can be no argument to this. I don't give a flying f*ck what he says - it is what he does/does not do that counts.
He loves to stand at a podium and spout off glorious financial news - if you believed what he said you would think America was basking in economic glory - and to his corporate and Wall Street friends - THEY ARE.
He is a fake. And I just cannot believe his supporters cannot see it. Or more likely, refuse to see it.
Hear that Rightwinger?

Obama is the most destructive President in American history. He is the capstone of the radical movement that began in the 1960s and has now imbedded itself as a permanent cancer in the body politic of this country.

Can you be a little more specific? I see in Obama a conservative democrat. How many black panthers has he brought on his team if he's such a radical? You need to praise the lord that things got better under Obama since bush high tailed it back to Texas.

President Obama is by far the greatest leader of the free world ever.

jessicajeap2.png

Can you be a little more specific? I see in Obama a conservative democrat. How many black panthers has he brought on his team if he's such a radical? You need to praise the lord that things got better under Obama since bush high tailed it back to Texas.

1. Foreign policy has been a disaster. (Russia, Syria, ISIS, etc.)
2. Weakest economic recovery since FDR.
3. Worst race relations in decades.
4. Complete disregard for Constitutional limitations on his authority.

1. Foreign policy has been a disaster. (Russia, Syria, ISIS, etc.)
2. Weakest economic recovery since FDR.
3. Worst race relations in decades.
4. Complete disregard for Constitutional limitations on his authority.

But this is a comparison, remember: Look at Bush

1. Foreign policy a disaster - took world sympathy after 9-11 and tossed it into the toilet embroiling us in two wars.
2. Worst economic downturn since 1929
3. Race relation just as bad
4. Complete disregard for Constitutional limitations on his authority

So many opinions and beliefs. Bush is a troublemaker. Obama is just awful. No one can be worse, than each of them.
I don't hate either.

What I hate are people who ae so impressionablethat they think one should get all of the blame for bad things, and none of the credit for good things...as well as those who practice that to the extet that they hate either, without any consideration. It's like they've been so indoctrinated that thing just happens no matter what the issue is.

The things I don't blame Bush for:

The wrecked economy in 2007.
Not finding WMD's in Iraq
Katrina
The Gulf spill

The things I don't blame Obama for:

The economy
ISIS
Problems with Obamacare
Race realtions in the US
Problems with Obamacare

But this is a comparison, remember: Look at Bush

1. Foreign policy a disaster - took world sympathy after 9-11 and tossed it into the toilet embroiling us in two wars.
2. Worst economic downturn since 1929
3. Race relation just as bad
4. Complete disregard for Constitutional limitations on his authority

Well..........
Remember we have since found numerous WMD's in Iraq and Syria since. And the sympathy the world had for us?? Pheh it was only skin deep.
2. Worst economic downturn since 1929...which Bush had virtually no part whatsoever in creating.
3. Race relation just as bad......no it wasn't.
4. Complete disregard for Constitutional limitations on his authority.......nah. No more or less than the previous 3-4 Presidents before him. Reagan significantly increased the power of the Executive branch...it has remained too powerful since.

I don't hate either.

What I hate are people who ae so impressionablethat they think one should get all of the blame for bad things, and none of the credit for good things...as well as those who practice that to the extet that they hate either, without any consideration. It's like they've been so indoctrinated that thing just happens no matter what the issue is.

The things I don't blame Bush for:

The wrecked economy in 2007.
Not finding WMD's in Iraq
Katrina
The Gulf spill

The things I don't blame Obama for:

The economy
ISIS
Problems with Obamacare
Race realtions in the US
Problems with Obamacare

I don't blame bush for not finding the wmd's that he said Sadaam had either. How could he find something there that wasn't there? I do blame him and that P.O.S. dad of his for the murder of hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi's.

Bush was a leader able to make tough choices and decisions regardless of public opinion and for that he should be respected. I can not fault him on the dot com collapse, implosion of the financial markets, and Iraq, due to intelligence received from the prior administration supporting the existence of WMD's, violation of the cease fire agreement, and UN resolutions. Someone needed to take action and it was apparent the spineless UN had capitulated. The current administration is conciliatory without direction. The drastic shoot from the hip and nonchalance attitude exhibited is self destructive as we have seen. Strength and honesty is not an attribute exhibited by the current administration which is why his domestic and foreign policies have failed. For instance, if the President had really investigated the issue of health care versus adopting the plan as designed, which was on the intended model of a government controlled national health care program, he would have understood, tort reform, open unrestricted markets on a national scale, coupled with 100% tax credits for purchasing health care insurance, regardless of income, would have been the first step. He was impulsive, failed to understand the health care issue, nor take the time to understand the true implications of the fine print within the program, instead the almighty one opted to ram it down the tax payers throats.
Both had their failings but the current one is a total disaster on all fronts. What can one expect from a progressive ideological entrenched idiot that has no concept of the workings of the real world.

Forum List

Back