Who else isn't going to watch the GOP debate?

If they continue to poll in the low percentiles I suspect they will. I sure don't think they helped move the needle for them last night. The only two I think who may have helped themselves were Burgum who favorably impressed me but needs some serious name recognition and Ramaswamy who the others tried to dismiss as a rookie and he was having none of it.

Ramaswamy also got the loudest and longest sustained applause when he said he would support Donald Trump as the nominee if Trump is the nominee because Trump was the best President America ever had and he too would follow that Reaganesque America first model. I don't know if his combativeness with Pence and Christie will be well received or was off putting with most. I also don't know if his insistence that we should not be funding the war in the Ukraine will hurt or help him. It did occur to me that he was auditioning for a VP spot with Trump and actually I would be okay with that. Four years of intense on the job training and he likely would change any indefensible positions and be more ready for the job as President if he still wants it. It would also help us know whether his positions are just rhetoric or conviction.

It was interesting to me that the candidates attacked only Ramaswamy and not any of the others. Apparently he worries them more than even DeSantis.

But as far as vision and qualifications or learning anything new about the candidates' various policy positions, the whole thing was pretty much an exercise in futility as we didn't really learn anything new about any of them. There was nothing to get excited about.

Christie came across as characteristically unlikable, even vindictive--he got the loudest boos--and Hutchinson came across as uncharacteristically unlikable and I'm pretty sure generated some hostility from many Patriots.

Pence seemed defensive and was the most combative (against Ramaswamy) that I've ever seen him. Pence did get some good points in and he seems to be the media darling this morning but I doubt he helped himself a lot if any at all.

Haley and Scott seemed rehearsed with nothing new or interesting and I think neither hurt nor helped themselves. Nothing there to generate excitement.

Not sure about DeSantis who refused to be an attack dog re the others or Trump and actually was completely ignored by the others. He didn't say anything at all I disagreed with or out of line but neither was he inspiring or made any point in a way that made me want to say YES!!!! Gut feeling is that he neither helped nor hurt himself and will likely stay second in the polls behind Trump at least for the near future.
Gutting the candidates is not the prescription. It is after 9/11 as one example when Homeland Security, the TSA and the Patriot Act we passed into law. We are seeing the evil of it now. As it is used for political reasons.

Gutting the candidates is not the prescription. It is after 9/11 as one example when Homeland Security, the TSA and the Patriot Act we passed into law. We are seeing the evil of it now. As it is used for political reasons.
Not sure what you are saying here.

I wouldn't call them Neocons. I would call them RINOs.
You are free to call them anything you want. According to proper political science definitions, words have meaning, and folks that know what we are talking about, would call them neocons. Hell, Biden and Hillary Clinton are neo-cons when it comes right down to it. . . .

What ever you call them, they are responsible for huge budget subsidies to military contractors, private intelligence agencies, funding false flag terror operations against our own people. . . and, basically a nightmare version of Americanized fascism to spread Americana throughout the world. Chances are, they are responsible for both 911 & the plandemic, IMO.

That is the CFR, the Trilateral Commission, the WEF, the UN, the WHO, IMF, BIS, etc., and any other international org. you care to name. . .

. .. and all of our institutional investment corporations and corporate media. . . .

This group will get use deeper into conflict with Russia and China. . .

7wutyx.jpg
7wuu27.jpg

What is a Neoconservative?​

He clearly doesn’t always pick the best people. And he has many other faults and foibles. And yet

He is absolutely the best candidate in the GOP field.

Glenn Greenwald Reacts to the GOP Presidential Debate​

This is what a Pulitzer Prize winner, among many other awards looks like, when they tell it like it is. . .

Last edited:
I get FOX News on the cable or log into watchTVeverywhere my ISP provides, and watch it on my computer. But I will not give FOX News whatever Neilsen rating point they get for my viewership, fuck that. They are dead to me. Nor will I give any of those fake "Republicans" a minute of my time.

Instead, I'll be watching Tucker's pre-recorded interview with Trump, on Rumble.

Trump: 'Sparks Will Fly' in My Interview With Carlson​

"Former President Donald Trump declared on his Truth Social site Wednesday that "my interview with Tucker Carlson will be aired tonight at 9 p.m. Sparks will fly. Enjoy."

This is the exact same time that the first Republican primary debate for the presidential nomination will begin in Milwaukee. The debate will be televised nationally on Fox News, and will include eight other candidates.

Trump announced earlier this week that he would not be participating in the debate, citing his commanding lead in the GOP field — he's about 40 points ahead in national polls — and instead would be taking part in the interview, The Hill reported...

...The pre-recorded interview will be broadcast on X, formerly known as Twitter."

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/donald-trump-tucker-carlson-interview/2023/08/23/id/1131724/

I didn't watch that BS either.

Won what? A participation trophy?
There were no winners on or off that stage. I did not watch it , but my best friend did again and had nothing to say about it. Never even mentioned it. Had to be a total waste of time.

There were no winners on or off that stage. I did not watch it , but my best friend did again and had nothing to say about it. Never even mentioned it. Had to be a total waste of time.

It is a waste.

President Trump will be the nominee.
He knows what to do.

Unless you have a physical Nielson box no one will ever know what you're watching.

But I'll either stream it or watch it later. Zero interest in the Trump interview. Pretty cowardly move on his part to not participate.

He claims he's a known commodity so he doesn't need to be there yet he intentionally plans to compete.

Narcissistic childish shit

Not sure about that. If you have CABLE you will see them "updateing BOX" at 2AM or some crap. I firmly believe they are downloading you history. That is one way they know how many are tuned to FOX at what time for how long, whos' on MUTE (me), who avoids commercials (me) etc. Anything over the internet is easily trackable. Not many watch by Antenna anymore.

Around the first of the month Sirius radio in all you cars (when started up) will "update" but nothing changes. What they are doing is downloading your listening history IMVHO.

Did anyone actually watch that shitshow?

I saw the highlights (lowlights really) and it was way worse thanI thought it would be.

What a joke the GOP has become

Forum List

Back