Who Do You Hate More?

I never watch Maddow but I've seen and read Colter and hate what she is doing to the country.
What is she doing to the country?

That's what I would like to know.
Disagreeing, apparently.

It strikes Me the same way that another poster here blamed all the escalation of hate filled rhetoric on Rush Limbaugh and the airing of his show. Everything was hunky-dory until Limbaugh had the audacity to speak out against them.

Limbaugh is an entertainer who has been taken seriously by conservatives

Kind of like President Trump

Limbaugh does do his homework for his show, however. Lots of stuff in his iconic "stack of stuff." Most people will find something to disagree with him during his three-hour mid day radio program, but anybody who is listening will almost always learn something they didn't know before. These days I might catch 20-30 minutes of his show if we happen to be driving somewhere, but even in that length of time I usually learn something.

Could we say that Maddow is an entertainer who offers little of substance but who is taken seriously by liberals who don't learn a whole lot from her program?

Limbaugh is a college dropout who made a fortune feeding bumper sticker politics to Conservatives

Maddow is a Rhodes Scholar in Political Science who provides a liberal view based on extensive research

He is not in her league

Maddow can be long winded and irritating, but she is well prepared and knows her stuff

Coulter is a political troll who is looking to provoke and draw headlines.....Did you hear what Ann Coulter said?

No comparison of the two

I doubt you think that honestly.
Both are very smart, both are well prepared and provide solid arguments, however of course - BOTH are spin masters. Both lie by omission and use false narratives to spin the story.
Truth of the matter is - listen to either of these spin harlots and you will be stupider for it.
I disagree

Maddow is an intellect and makes her points on an intellectual level. It may be liberal biased intellectual but it is still intellectual

Coulter is a troll. Her goal is to insult and inflame. I rarely see her provide evidence to support her claims. Maddow spends twenty minutes of supporting information before she finally reaches a point

Well, honestly knowingly giving out half truths is not intellectual, it is the opposite...it is intellectually dishonest.
I will grant you that Coulter is a dirt bag, she really is. She says outrageous, obnoxious things to sell books to the sheep. And I equally dislike Hannity and fathead Limbaugh...they are the same as race peddlers.
The trouble with Maddow is she is believable to the misinformed and low informed. She feeds into ignorance bothe by lying via omission, and purposefully leaving out information that would argue against the point she wants to make.
They ALL are a part of a huge apparatus that divides us.

I never watch Maddow but I've seen and read Colter and hate what she is doing to the country.

Disagreeing, apparently.

It strikes Me the same way that another poster here blamed all the escalation of hate filled rhetoric on Rush Limbaugh and the airing of his show. Everything was hunky-dory until Limbaugh had the audacity to speak out against them.

Limbaugh does do his homework for his show, however. Lots of stuff in his iconic "stack of stuff." Most people will find something to disagree with him during his three-hour mid day radio program, but anybody who is listening will almost always learn something they didn't know before. These days I might catch 20-30 minutes of his show if we happen to be driving somewhere, but even in that length of time I usually learn something.

Could we say that Maddow is an entertainer who offers little of substance but who is taken seriously by liberals who don't learn a whole lot from her program?
We can. BTW, you catch more Limbaugh than I do. I may catch about 2 hours a month of his program. What progressives and the left don't ever seem to understand about him is that he is not so much as bringing them the information they didn't already know, but that he is giving them a voice they did not have. To many on the left think that Limbaugh brainwashes them.

Maddow can be long winded and irritating, but she is well prepared and knows her stuff

Coulter is a political troll who is looking to provoke and draw headlines.....Did you hear what Ann Coulter said?

No comparison of the two

I doubt you think that honestly.
Both are very smart, both are well prepared and provide solid arguments, however of course - BOTH are spin masters. Both lie by omission and use false narratives to spin the story.
Truth of the matter is - listen to either of these spin harlots and you will be stupider for it.
I disagree

Maddow is an intellect and makes her points on an intellectual level. It may be liberal biased intellectual but it is still intellectual

Coulter is a troll. Her goal is to insult and inflame. I rarely see her provide evidence to support her claims. Maddow spends twenty minutes of supporting information before she finally reaches a point

Well, honestly knowingly giving out half truths is not intellectual, it is the opposite...it is intellectually dishonest.
I will grant you that Coulter is a dirt bag, she really is. She says outrageous, obnoxious things to sell books to the sheep. And I equally dislike Hannity and fathead Limbaugh...they are the same as race peddlers.
The trouble with Maddow is she is believable to the misinformed and low informed. She feeds into ignorance bothe by lying via omission, and purposefully leaving out information that would argue against the point she wants to make.
They ALL are a part of a huge apparatus that divides us.

Agree they are all presenting political commentary with a political spin
However, Maddow is no where close to the shallow commentary provided by Limbaugh, Hannity and Coulter

I also agree that the liberal and conservative media have driven our politics to the extreme

MSNBC commentators provide commentary along the general theme of....Here is what the conservatives said today, isn't that stupid

Fox commentators provide commentary along the theme of.....Liberals are evil, un-American and dangerous

Last edited:
A more telling question might be, "why do you hate"?
I'll give you an example of why The moron tweeted a week ago about all the great things he's done and that's why the women were marching Doesn't the ah know they were all against him? He lies to repub faces and they gobble it up
And that causes you to hate?

Have you ever examined why such a thing would cause hate in you?
That was just a small recent reason mac All his years of screwing the little guys the racism he's shown, his vile way of speaking to others are a few more reasons Oh yeah a pussy grabber?? Thats what repubs admire?
I get it, you hate him and/or them for that.

My point is that your threshold for hate is pretty low, and worse, I'm seeing more of this every day.
why don't christians hate him,,,,,did they lose their values?

A more telling question might be, "why do you hate"?
I'll give you an example of why The moron tweeted a week ago about all the great things he's done and that's why the women were marching Doesn't the ah know they were all against him? He lies to repub faces and they gobble it up
And that causes you to hate?

Have you ever examined why such a thing would cause hate in you?
That was just a small recent reason mac All his years of screwing the little guys the racism he's shown, his vile way of speaking to others are a few more reasons Oh yeah a pussy grabber?? Thats what repubs admire?
I get it, you hate him and/or them for that.

My point is that your threshold for hate is pretty low, and worse, I'm seeing more of this every day.
why don't christians hate him,,,,,did they lose their values?
You'd have to ask one of them.

That has nothing to do with my point.

Tell Me something. Do you think murder is wrong? If so, do you think you should negotiate with those who think it is okay sometimes?

The point being, when it comes to principle and values, either you have them and have them for a reason, or you don't. If you do have them, and you consider them valid and a part of your very fabric, why would you negotiate them away?
Murder is simple but abortion is not. I think in some instances abortion is not murder. I may think the mother is the person who decides if an abortion is OK while you may think that any abortion is murder. If there is no compromise on either side the country will tear itself apart as we did over slavery. I respect your values but you also have to respect mine.

Tell Me something. Do you think murder is wrong? If so, do you think you should negotiate with those who think it is okay sometimes?

The point being, when it comes to principle and values, either you have them and have them for a reason, or you don't. If you do have them, and you consider them valid and a part of your very fabric, why would you negotiate them away?
Murder is simple but abortion is not. I think in some instances abortion is not murder. I may think the mother is the person who decides if an abortion is OK while you may think that any abortion is murder. If there is no compromise on either side the country will tear itself apart as we did over slavery. I respect your values but you also have to respect mine.
and nowadays,the years of womens rights ,they should have no say so over their own bodies??

MSNBC commentators provide commentary along the general theme of....Here is what the conservatives said today, isn't that stupid

Fox commentators provide commentary along the theme of.....Liberals are evil, in-American and dangerous

And CNN provides news/commentary along the lines of "We hate Trump, We hate Trump".

and nowadays,the years of womens rights ,they should have no say so over their own bodies??
Thanks for you input but this is not really an abortion debate. In that vein what abortion restrictions would you be willing to accept to stop the further erosion of abortion rights?

Fox commentators provide commentary along the theme of.....Liberals are evil, in-American and dangerous

And CNN provides news/commentary along the lines of "We hate Trump, We hate Trump".

CNN is more left-center

As to hating Trump.....can't blame them based on his personal attacks on the network

I do respect others values. I simply will not change Mine as I have good reasons for having them.

I like Ann most of the time.

I don't hate the madcow thing, I just hope it starves to death when the left is finally defeated to the point where they flee the country.

Disagreeing, apparently.

Limbaugh is a college dropout who made a fortune feeding bumper sticker politics to Conservatives

Maddow is a Rhodes Scholar in Political Science who provides a liberal view based on extensive research

He is not in her league

Sorry, but credentials mean nothing when they are not used competently. I know PhDs that I wouldn't trust to get the facts straight in any circumstance and some people with GEDs who are among the most competent. I have worked for MBAs who were dumb as rocks and for highschool graduates who taught me a whole lot of useful stuff. And as for telling it like it is, I would give Limbaugh a strong edge on Maddow. And yes, I myself have a college education.

Disagreeing, apparently.

He is not in her league

Sorry, but credentials mean nothing when they are not used competently. I know PhDs that I wouldn't trust to get the facts straight in any circumstance and some people with GEDs who are among the most competent. I have worked for MBAs who were dumb as rocks and for highschool graduates who taught me a whole lot of useful stuff. And as for telling it like it is, I would give Limbaugh a strong edge on Maddow. And yes, I myself have a college education.

Maddow uses her credentials and extensive knowledge of politics and history daily. She does ramble on, but she clearly knows her stuff

Limbaugh is an intellectual lightweight who lives off of bullying. bluster and bullshit

Disagreeing, apparently.

We can. BTW, you catch more Limbaugh than I do. I may catch about 2 hours a month of his program. What progressives and the left don't ever seem to understand about him is that he is not so much as bringing them the information they didn't already know, but that he is giving them a voice they did not have. To many on the left think that Limbaugh brainwashes them.

Yes that is what they think. They give him enormous power to influence and are sure that all of us tune every morning to be told what to think.

But if he had that enormous power, neither Bill Clinton or Barack Obama would have ever been elected President, in both cases twice. Ross Perot would never have garnered 19% of the vote even after he came across as a blithering idiot during the Democratic convention that year. Bob Dole would never have been the nominee in 1996 and John McCain would never have been the nominee in 2008 and Mitt Romney would not have been the candidate in 2012. Rush was a strong supporter of President George W. Bush even when many of us were railing against President Bush's unconservative approaches to immigration, the environment, energy, education, et al.

Rush was not a Trump supporter until he won the nomination but from what little I have listened this past year, he has been spot on in his support and criticism of President Trump and his assessment of President Trump's critics since the nomination.

It is the same with Coulter. She knows just what buttons to push to get media coverage--President Trump has that ability too :) --and she generally deliberately says something innocuous but that the left will translate into something outrageous every time she has a new book coming out. The resulting publicity makes every one of those books a best seller. :) She is also very good at what she does and she doesn't get it wrong much.

Disagreeing, apparently.

He is not in her league

LOL lol Where ?? Trump U.??

Forum List

Back