Who are your favorite voices in music ?

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Reaction score
I love to hear actor Bronson Pinchot sing so much at the 7:40 mark of this clip!

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

ClaireH

Gold Member
Reaction score
Voices...I missed that in the topic heading....geez. Okay, vocals only definitely these guys need to be given a shout out for vocals. The well-known song, Hallelujah, has been done by many a band. This version, imho, is the best version ever heard hands-down. The last guy who sings 4th blows me away, Kurt Nilsen of Norway and a former World Idol winner. That guy who goes third also has a uniquely raspy voice sounding a bit like a younger Joe Cocker and quite good too.

alang1216

Pragmatist
Reaction score
Personally, I like a wide variety of music genres, so I'll just go with a few of my favorite rock n roll singers.
There are plenty of great singers but not many have something special to say. Using that criteria I have to go with Bob Dylan as my #1. Another favorite is Jethro Tull.

Pogo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
ELLA.
Not so much for the timbre of her voice but for what she could do with it scatting improvised melodies. When Ella got started there wasn't a soloist on ANY instrument who could match her. About 1:40 here....

Sweeping glissandos, Portuguese. Buzzing sounds. Pentatonic scales. Every breath used to max potential.

QuickHitCurepon

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Debbie Harry of Blondie and as a solo artist was really good at bringing words to life.

lg325

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Renee Fleming, Leontyne Price -- There talent maybe every day to some .But for this fellow who grew up in the rural area of Florida it is an amazing thing to hear.

petro

Platinum Member
Reaction score
David Bowie
Annie Lennox
Joe Jackson
Donald Fagen
Neil Diamond
Sting

lg325

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sarah McLachlan rainbow connection. sorry I could not get a sample .She has a wonderful voice

lg325

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Reba Mcentire - Who ever is in New England
Lee Ann Rhimes- Blue.

lg325

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Male vocalist- Elvis Presley, Nat King Cole, Ray Charles, Frankie Lane, Johnny Mathis, Jim Croce. A lot of others :cool:

Pogo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Renee Fleming, Leontyne Price -- There talent maybe every day to some .But for this fellow who grew up in the rural area of Florida it is an amazing thing to hear.
I noticed you have trouble posting videos. Here ya go

Just copy the YouTube (or whatever site) link, look under that middle drop-down that looks like an ellipsis (...), choose "Media" and paste the URL in there.

Don't use the video-camera button, that's for uploading your own video. Hope this helps.

Dogmaphobe

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Voices...I missed that in the topic heading....geez. Okay, vocals only definitely these guys need to be given a shout out for vocals. The well-known song, Hallelujah, has been done by many a band. This version, imho, is the best version ever heard hands-down. The last guy who sings 4th blows me away, Kurt Nilsen of Norway and a former World Idol winner. That guy who goes third also has a uniquely raspy voice sounding a bit like a younger Joe Cocker and quite good too.

I like the Jeff Buckly version better.

Pogo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Judy Bressler has such a sweet voice...

Oz and the Orchestra

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Personally, I like a wide variety of music genres, so I'll just go with a few of my favorite rock n roll singers.
Paul Rodgers

Donald Fagan

Mariah Carey would be great in any genre...
I would agree with Angelo that Paul Rodgers my personal favorite and definitely one of the greatest vocalists of all time in any genre. I do much prefer his work with Free and still have all their albums.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List