Who are your favorite voices in music ?

Voices...I missed that in the topic heading....geez. Okay, vocals only definitely these guys need to be given a shout out for vocals. The well-known song, Hallelujah, has been done by many a band. This version, imho, is the best version ever heard hands-down. The last guy who sings 4th blows me away, Kurt Nilsen of Norway and a former World Idol winner. That guy who goes third also has a uniquely raspy voice sounding a bit like a younger Joe Cocker and quite good too.

I like the Jeff Buckly version better.

Voices...I missed that in the topic heading....geez. Okay, vocals only definitely these guys need to be given a shout out for vocals. The well-known song, Hallelujah, has been done by many a band. This version, imho, is the best version ever heard hands-down. The last guy who sings 4th blows me away, Kurt Nilsen of Norway and a former World Idol winner. That guy who goes third also has a uniquely raspy voice sounding a bit like a younger Joe Cocker and quite good too.

Ah ha! I was hoping someone would bring up another good challenger! One night, I searched for likely two hours to hear all versions possible submitted to YouTube. Buckley's very good, and Cohen did well and many like him, but Buckley did better yes;)

OK here's a voice. This guy gets deserved accolades for songwriting, arranging/producing, underrated guitar playing, playing multiple other instruments to the point of recording entire work by himself, but standing head and shoulders above all that is a unique voice.

John Fogerty

In checking out "amazing bass singers" Home Free popped up with their version of "Man of Constant Sorrow." There is all kinds of talent mixed in here, not just the bass guy. I loved the soundtrack from O Brother Where Art Thou? and this is worth a listen, and you def won't miss the dramatic low bass.

In checking out "amazing bass singers" Home Free popped up with their version of "Man of Constant Sorrow." There is all kinds of talent mixed in here, not just the bass guy. I loved the soundtrack from O Brother Where Art Thou? and this is worth a listen, and you def won't miss the dramatic low bass.

I just found some pomade laying by the side of the road the other day.

It isn't yours, is it?

It isn't yours, is it?

LOL perfect! Nope, not mine way too oily for my tastes haha

It isn't yours, is it?

LOL perfect! Nope, not mine way too oily for my tastes haha

As you can tell, I just love me the Cohen Brothers!

Add in Quenton Tarrantino and Guy Ritchie, and it's all good for me.

Forum List

Back