And won't stop singing for her
Till she returns to me
And she knows,
She knows

Israeli Cultural Revolution Pesah 5782 -
Revival of Prophetic Poetry

Rabbi Mosheh Elharar,
chief rabbi of the city of Shlomi.

Yishay Ribo - Kol Dodi (The Voice of My Beloved)

The voice of my beloved,
Behold He comes, that's what they say
To remove all evil, and to lift up our ray,
From the depths of the dust, and awaken
Those asleep with the sound of the Shofar.

The voice of my beloved,
Behold He comes, the rumor spreading
And every captive baby will receive prophecy
So come, let us go out to meet Him, with drums and flute
Sing to Him, sing praises, how blessed is a nation who HaShem is their G-d.

And then the day will break and the lie will evaporate
Then all the does of the field will go forth in the dance
And skip upon the mountains and not from fear of foxes
And out of the clefts of the rock, living water shall flow forth
From the hidden of the terrace to water the rose of the valleys
And to establish the Tabernacle, that will remove our suffering here

The voice of my beloved is knocking, open to Me my children
The time of your redemption has arrived, and I said enough to your troubles
I have come to bring glad tidings, that you will cry no longer, Rachel
We sense the anointed, more than any fragrant powder
Shalom to You my beloved, the pure and the ruddy
Pour Your wrath on rocks, return to the fortress
For in Your mercy containing all, there's no
Memory to contain all given

Last edited:
'The Strangest Scroll' with Ya'el Meir | The Song of Songs

I'm Ya'el Meir, welcome to 'Ad Elaych, a channel which purpose is to connect You to
Torah, Yourself, and the cycle of the year. And if You're a man You're invited to join.

Let me share with You my first encounter with this wonderful scroll - it wasn't successful in any way.
I was 18 doing a service year in Migdal, near Tiberias. And I've never been to synagogue on Shabat night before, so I said to myself, maybe I'd go once. I had a neighbor in our community, an elderly woman, and a righteous Ger from Germany.

So I told her, and she answered - happily. Only said one thing, that I should act with modesty because a synagogue is a respectful place. So I've said ok, and tried to be the most modest I can when I came with her. And she opened a small book, which I didn't know - 'The Song of Songs"

The hazan opened "Song of the songs of Shlomah; Let Him kiss me with the kisses of His mouth, for Your love is better than wine"... I'm looking at her - what??! I was shocked and it went even further, "Beloved to me between my bosom He shall lie" what?? "...your belly is like a stack of wheat...curves of your thighs..."

And then came a verse, which I thought, dear mom, even in our high school's smoking spot they didn't talk like that: "Both of your breasts are like two fawns, the twins of a gazelle, who graze among the roses".
Okay, that's not for me, what's going on here?
And she told me to come modest?

So I gave up on this scroll for many years. When I was in the IDF I read the entire TaNaCh twice, but Song Of The Songs, I've skipped over somehow, because I didn't even start to understand this thing, it's offtopic. Then as I grew up and went anew to this scroll, and discovered its glorious appeal, I've taught it in girl's schools and various frames, because it's simply a glorious scroll. So what's the story?

The story of The Song of Songs is built on the cycle of seasons, the cycle of the year.

And it starts in Winter when it's cold and unpleasant, and the star of Song Of The Songs is a young woman, whose siblings are mistreating her. And she's dreaming, despite her being stuck in the worst situation, she dreams of marrying and uniting with a great king, strong, courageous, wealthy -
and handsome. But it's all in her imagination.

One day she asks this king "Tell me, where are You? Give me a sign I want to come and unite with You". To which He answers "go out to look for me", and she does because she's a hero. However, when once she sits alone at home, she's seeing the love of her heart jumping around in the field, like a doe on the hills. And she hears His voice, and He comes and looks through the windows and house cracks, saying "Arise, my beloved, my fair one, and come away. For behold, the winter has passed; the rain is over and gone."

She feels it's the spring, their time to meet and unite."The blossoms have appeared in the land, the time of singing has arrived, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land. The fig tree has put forth its green figs, and the vines with their tiny grapes have given forth their fragrance; arise, my beloved, my fair one, and come away."

After she gets confused with her fears, eventually she comes out, at the last moment, and finds him after a long tiresome journey during the Summer - suddenly comes the Autumn, and during Autumn they get married. "With me from Lebanon, my bride...awake north and come towards Yemen" - come from the north and go towards the south, "blow upon my garden, that the scents thereof may flow out;". And she answers Him - "let my beloved come to His garden and eat His sweet fruit."

The eating here is a metaphor for intimate relations, the couple meets in the secret garden, marries, and unites. How romantic, but the story doesn't end here at all, because it's not Disney.
The moment after the marriage, there's a great crisis.

He goes out of the house, maybe to get something, then He returns - the door is locked.
And she doesn't open, He's knocking on the door - "the voice of my beloved is knocking: "Open fr me sister, my beloved, my dove, my perfect one, for my head is full of dew, my locks with the drops of the night" - enough it has already gone dark outside, all my hair is wet, why doesn't she open the door?

But she's already in the bed, pajamas and too tired to open the door for Him, till she puts herself up and fixes herself, goes to open and her hand is slipping and -"my beloved had hidden and was gone" - that's it missed Him. She goes out in the streets, calling Him out my beloved, my beloved..., and the city guard sees her stray around alone hitting her, injuring her in disgrace. Here again, returned the Winter. And from this lowest point, she again remembers how much she loves Him, and yearns to Him, how beautiful and great He is.

She tells the daughters of Jerusalem - "for I am lovesick".

Then after long months of difficult winter, what comes around again? Correct, the Spring, again she has to go away for a new journey to the secret garden, "Come, my beloved, let us go out to the field, let us lodge in the villages. Let us arise early to the vineyards; let us see whether the vine has blossomed, the tiny grapes have developed, the pomegranates have lost their flowers...there I will give my love to You"

This is the magical story of The Song of Songs, and Rashi says "a song which is about all songs", Rabbi 'Akiva says "Song of The Songs - Holly of Hollies", but to understand their words, one has to learn the entire scroll.

Last edited:
After many delays, govt approves a new hospital in Ber Shev'a

In the first phase, by 2028, the new hospital will include operating rooms, surgical hospitalization wards, patient beds, and beds for psychiatric hospitalization.

By 2030, additional operating rooms, an outpatient center, counseling centers, an oncology day hospital, and a dialysis center will be added, with the inpatient wards to be expanded.

In the third phase, by 2032, there will be a further expansion of the departments established and an emergency medicine department, oncology hospitalization, emergency department, pediatric departments, and more.

628efcbb2d4b5f631.jpg

Forum List

Back