Whitney Houston Died

Dolly Parton wrote that song. And when Dolly Parton sang that song she took her money to the bank. When Whitney sang that song for The Bodyguard, Whitney bought the bank. Incidentally, I saw on a talk show that they didn't have a song for that movie until the very end. Searched and searched and could never find a good one. It was Kevin Costner who suggested this one almost at the end of shooting the movie.
I prefer Dolly Parton's version but Houston sang it well also.

Oh hell yeah....Dolly Parton sang that song the best!
Whitney might have done "ok" with it.......but I will always listen to it when Dolly sings it.

Dolly Parton wrote that song. And when Dolly Parton sang that song she took her money to the bank. When Whitney sang that song for The Bodyguard, Whitney bought the bank. Incidentally, I saw on a talk show that they didn't have a song for that movie until the very end. Searched and searched and could never find a good one. It was Kevin Costner who suggested this one almost at the end of shooting the movie.
I prefer Dolly Parton's version but Houston sang it well also.

Dolly's version was more the 'sweet' one. Whitney's version was very powerful!

I think that is the craziest thing you have ever said here Dabs and you've said some crazy things ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ONj6Mq0woE&feature=related](HD) Whitney Houston - Where Do Broken Hearts Go (Nelson Mandela Concert) - YouTube[/ame]

It's hard to fathom how someone who had a talent such as she did that would fill a football stadium do what she did with her life. I hope life is better for her on the other side. She was one of my VERY favorites.

Whitney Houston died this afternoon ... a rep for the singer told the Associated Press.

Our sources tell us a member of Whitney's entourage found her in her room at the Beverly Hilton hotel ... and called hotel security -- who then dialed 911. When paramedics arrived Houston was found unresponsive.

We're told police arrived to the scene within minutes and fire was already there on an unrelated call. According to our sources, paramedics performed CPR but it did not work and she was pronounced dead at 3:55 PM.

Our sources say there were no obvious signs of foul play, but BH PD detectives have begun a full investigation. We're told she was ID'ed by family and friends.

The singer famously battled drug addiction for years (see related links below).

Houston was seen out in Hollywood Thursday night for a Grammy party ... and she did not look well (below). She even briefly took the mic and performed a song while she was there -- what would become her last performance.

Whitney Houston -- Dead at 48 | TMZ.com

Unfortunately I think "did not look well" is Hollywood speak for "stoned to the begesus belt."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liOUjvM1zb4&feature=related]WHITNEY HOUSTON DIDN'T WE ALMOST HAVE IT ALL MEDLEY - YouTube[/ame]

48? She looked 68. Way to waste your life and talent, Whitney..

Wow.

I agree....she didn't look all the great the last few times she has been in the news....but if drugs are related in her death....that will explain her appearance.

Unfortunately I think "did not look well" is Hollywood speak for "stoned to the begesus belt."

She has not looked well for some time now. And she seemed to have lost most of her vocal range. She was not he same. Would never have been the same. The Natalie Cole song Miss You Like Crazy should have been a Whitney song. But she was too far gone by then.

Forum List

Back