Mayor John Whitmire says the City of Houston is 'broke'

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
What? A concentrated area of dems in financial distress? I know, hard to believe. ;)

Looks like they've also run out of "white flight" areas with good a tax base to annex.

BTW.....Houston has had only 2 Republican mayors for the past 100 years. And no Republican since 1982.

Every major city in North America is broke. In Canada, it is our police budgets which have decimated out communities and countless generations of citizens.

What's Houstons problem?

What? A concentrated area of dems in financial distress? I know, hard to believe. ;)

Looks like they've also run out of "white flight" areas with good a tax base to annex.

BTW.....Houston has had only 2 Republican mayors for the past 100 years. And no Republican since 1982.

When you build four state of the art sports stadiums that sit empty for a combined 1,000+ days a year...this is what happens. I'm shocked that the gazillion jobs that the proponents (who have all left town by now) said would follow...didn't.

A city goes broke because of its politicians in charge of the money. Obviously, Houston needs a new philosophy on the type of people they elect. MAGA

A Democrat run big city shithole.

Who would have thunk it?

Texas is doing great as a state. The Democrat run big city shitholes are all doing bad.

The same as any other state.

A Democrat run big city shithole.

Who would have thunk it?

Texas is doing great as a state. The Democrat run big city shitholes are all doing bad.

The same as any other state.
There are exceptions (like the NOtVA cities) but they have the tax-base. I hear Boston does OK, or at least they did before Wu was elected....Can't say now.

From what I understand Houston just kept annexing their tax base but that is at it's end.

Every major city in North America is broke. In Canada, it is our police budgets which have decimated out communities and countless generations of citizens.

What's Houstons problem?
My studies of past societies both great & not so great societies indicate that there is "A" common thread that runs through them all. I call this common thread the "human condition" where other folks often call it human nature, spirit, soul etc. I have zeroed three commonalities that relate to humanities human condition;

1) Humans look to attain stability in the various facets of their lives.

2) Overall happiness/contentment is vital for an individual human to gain stability.

3) The more outside interference an individual experiences the less the chance of landing stability becomes.

Look @ the major cities in America. What would you rate the overall happiness/contentment of folks in these metropolitan concrete jungles to be? Do they have stability within their lives? I see record individual debt, record mortgage failures, record assaults/murders, record 'legalized' looting, record city budgets, record taxes. Drugs/alcohol usage are @ an all time high as many Americans attempt to escape the nightmare engulfing them. Corruption in government is out of control which has led to a collapse(was predictable) of faith in government & the vaunted but disintegrating social programs. The below link tells the story of what is about to happen to millions of Americans.

Wasn't most of Harris County government taken over by Wheelie appointed lackeys recently?

That explains it then.

Forum List

Back