White man who intentionally drove into racial injustice protesters avoids prison, may have record expunged

Not my fault that you think that drivers should not be allowed to get away from violent thugs surrounding their vehicles and attacking their vehicle by running over the attackers.
They were unarmed which means they were not a threat. Right?

After spending 76 days in jail, a white man who intentionally drove his vehicle through a crowd of racial injustice protesters in Iowa City over the summer will have his record cleared and avoid prison if he stays out of trouble during three years of probation.

Michael Ray Stepanek, 45, of Iowa City, drove his 1998 Toyota Camry through a group of protesters in late August, injuring at least one, according to police.

Stepanek told police the protesters needed "an attitude adjustment." He was charged days later with one count of assault while displaying a dangerous weapon, an aggravated misdemeanor, and one count of willful injury causing bodily harm, a class D felony.

But last month, a district court judge dismissed the first charge and deferred the second. Judge Paul Miller also suspended a $1,025 civil fine, according to court filings.

White man who intentionally drove into racial injustice protesters avoids prison, may have record expunged (msn.com)

This is just another example of 2 Justice Systems in this country.

76 days in jail was not long enough for this hater.

Why do BLM and ANTIFA protestors feel entitled to block traffic and/or assault drivers? I’d like to see the details of this case. Did this Main who happens to be white intentionally go into blocked off area with a permit or did protestors take over a street to infringe traffic and assault drivers?

So anyone who gets in the street is fair game.

Getting in the street is one thing. Assaulting drivers is another. BLM and ANTIFA have proven to show entitlement for the latter.

1. Nearly all the BLM marches got a permit
2. Liar :)

Does the permit give rights to obstruct traffic and beat drivers? I’ve lived in DC my whole life and know what a peaceful protest with streets blocked off as per a permit looks like. 2020 showed us how rioters and protestors can feel entitled to step out of areas set by permits and assault and obstruct people. Prove I am a liar.

Doesn't give you, or anyone else the right to mow people down because you hate their politics.
Yes it does---when they surround and attack a vehicle---they should automatically expect to be ran over. Your stupid to claim that innocent drivers should be victimized and not allowed to fight back or flee these attackers.

After spending 76 days in jail, a white man who intentionally drove his vehicle through a crowd of racial injustice protesters in Iowa City over the summer will have his record cleared and avoid prison if he stays out of trouble during three years of probation.

Michael Ray Stepanek, 45, of Iowa City, drove his 1998 Toyota Camry through a group of protesters in late August, injuring at least one, according to police.

Stepanek told police the protesters needed "an attitude adjustment." He was charged days later with one count of assault while displaying a dangerous weapon, an aggravated misdemeanor, and one count of willful injury causing bodily harm, a class D felony.

But last month, a district court judge dismissed the first charge and deferred the second. Judge Paul Miller also suspended a $1,025 civil fine, according to court filings.

White man who intentionally drove into racial injustice protesters avoids prison, may have record expunged (msn.com)

whats him being white have to do with it???

Good question, do you think he served his time?
considering the events of the crime he spent to much time and should have had all charges dropped

So it is ok for a white man to just drive his car through a group of protestors.
You need counseling to get over your obsession with race.
when youve been taught to be a racist since birth nothing can be done to change it,,, hes hopelessly lost in his hatred,,

Is that what your problem is, you were taught to be a racist. From birth I grew up dealing with racist.
sure youve dealt

considering the events of the crime he spent to much time and should have had all charges dropped

So it is ok for a white man to just drive his car through a group of protestors.
when youve been taught to be a racist since birth nothing can be done to change it,,, hes hopelessly lost in his hatred,,

Is that what your problem is, you were taught to be a racist. From birth I grew up dealing with racist.
its obvious youve dealt with racist your whole life,,, you should go back and slap your mother and father for doing that to you,,,

and you and a few others like you are the only racists I've ever had to deal with,,

Actually we should go back and beat the shit out of your racist ass mother and father for producing a dumbass racist like you. Racist morons like you are funny trying to tell black folks there has never been and isn't today any racism in this country.

Why do BLM and ANTIFA protestors feel entitled to block traffic and/or assault drivers? I’d like to see the details of this case. Did this Main who happens to be white intentionally go into blocked off area with a permit or did protestors take over a street to infringe traffic and assault drivers?

Getting in the street is one thing. Assaulting drivers is another. BLM and ANTIFA have proven to show entitlement for the latter.

Does the permit give rights to obstruct traffic and beat drivers? I’ve lived in DC my whole life and know what a peaceful protest with streets blocked off as per a permit looks like. 2020 showed us how rioters and protestors can feel entitled to step out of areas set by permits and assault and obstruct people. Prove I am a liar.

Doesn't give you, or anyone else the right to mow people down because you hate their politics.
Yes it does---when they surround and attack a vehicle---they should automatically expect to be ran over. Your stupid to claim that innocent drivers should be victimized and not allowed to fight back or flee these attackers.

Did they attack his vehicle Turtle Shit? Did they? Please post where they attacked his vehicle.

Please explain to me how the folks who have been on the receiving end of racism, bigotry and discrimination have an obsession with race.

People who believe in UFO's swear they seen a UFO. People who believe in Jesus swear they seen Mother Mary. People who believe in ghosts swear they had ghosts in their house. People who believe the country is racist experienced racism.

I am glad that he has been released,

The judge is to be commended for his political courage.

Every day perfectly innocent people are robbed or sucker punched or looted.

In most instances, NOTHING is done to the perps, with the possible exception of a stern warning: "Now, now, young man. Let's not do that again."

Please explain to me how the folks who have been on the receiving end of racism, bigotry and discrimination have an obsession with race.

People who believe in UFO's swear they seen a UFO. People who believe in Jesus swear they seen Mother Mary. People who believe in ghosts swear they had ghosts in their house. People who believe the country is racist experienced racism.

See Ray I grew up at the back end of Jim Crow segregation, so I hear dumb asses like you and I laugh at your idiot comments.

I am glad that he has been released,

The judge is to be commended for his political courage.

Every day perfectly innocent people are robbed or sucker punched or looted.

In most instances, NOTHING is done to the perps, with the possible exception of a stern warning: "Now, now, young man. Let's not do that again."

Really give us a few examples of those who were given a stern warning.

sure youve dealt

its obvious youve dealt with racist your whole life,,, you should go back and slap your mother and father for doing that to you,,,

and you and a few others like you are the only racists I've ever had to deal with,,

Actually we should go back and beat the shit out of your racist ass mother and father for producing a dumbass racist like you. Racist morons like you are funny trying to tell black folks there has never been and isn't today any racism in this country.
my parents werent racist as is proven I dont see where race is a factor in this case,,

and its obviouse yours were cause you see race a factor in everything you see in the world,,

your hate is eating you alive,,

Happy DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is indeed Good NEWS---------

Maybe the rioters need to stop trying to terrorize drivers and other people.

Well did anyone really expect anything else from you.

Not my fault that you think that drivers should not be allowed to get away from violent thugs surrounding their vehicles and attacking their vehicle by running over the attackers.

The fault is in you that thinks that the everyday person should be victimized and is not allowed to do anything about it.......

Does that sound like he was trying to get away from violent thugs. You are racist trash.
If thugs are attacking your car, they need an attitude adjustment. Whats the confusion here?

Shithead no one was attacking his car, you racist stick together I will give you that.
That BLM mob was absolutely attacking his car, as we have seen them do hundreds of times before.

Definitely they whine about folks protesting in the streets, but will defend a bunch of right wing fools storming the Capitol and folks losing their lives. All of that is the acts of true patriots.

Lie. Nobody on the right defended what they did at Capital Hill.

Did they attack his vehicle Turtle Shit? Did they? Please post where they attacked his vehicle.

They didn't - This asshole could have left the scene peaceably. Instead, he went around the block and returned with very bad intent.

Happy DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fault is in you that thinks that the everyday person should be victimized and is not allowed to do anything about it.......

Does that sound like he was trying to get away from violent thugs. You are racist trash.
If thugs are attacking your car, they need an attitude adjustment. Whats the confusion here?

Shithead no one was attacking his car, you racist stick together I will give you that.
That BLM mob was absolutely attacking his car, as we have seen them do hundreds of times before.

Post the pictures or the evidence of where they were attacking his car, which is funny since he has already admitted that they weren't.

Definitely they whine about folks protesting in the streets, but will defend a bunch of right wing fools storming the Capitol and folks losing their lives. All of that is the acts of true patriots.

Bullshit, you have right wingers on this forum who are defending it. As usual you are in denial.

Bullshit, you have right wingers on this forum who are defending it. As usual you are in denial.

Yup, in fact I've seen several Trumptards around these parts literally jumping up and down with glee saying it was the greatest thing EVA!!

So if someone is in the street then you think it is ok to just run over them.

If they are intentionally blocking the street to stop all traffic, yes I do. You want to protest, fine, protest on the sidewalk where most people will ignore you.

There are alot of things that have to stop, for one the things that are making people come out to the streets in protest. I know you will not acknowledge that because, as long as, it isn't anyone associated to you or your ilk you don't give a damn.

What makes people come out into the street is living in their parents basement with no job, and finding any opportunity to start trouble and loot. Probably if you went to any of the many riots across the country and asked people who George Floyd was, about half would tell you they didn't know--never met the guy.

They are out rioting because of ignorance of the law, and not allowing the situation to reveal what really happened. In the Floyd case, the guy was tanked up on dangerous narcotics. He actually killed himself. That means nothing to the protestors and rioters.

Happy DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post the pictures or the evidence of where they were attacking his car, which is funny since he has already admitted that they weren't.
There isnt evidence like that. All we see is a BLM mob chasing his car before he gets to the intersection. If your asking me to believe that the mob was well behaved and did nothing wrong, im going to need evidence of that because, that is an unrealistic claim.

Yup, in fact I've seen several Trumptards around these parts literally jumping up and down with glee saying it was the greatest thing EVA!!
No, as a republican, i naturally am for shooting all rioters.

Happy DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There isnt evidence like that. All we see is a BLM mob chasing his car before he gets to the intersection. If your asking me to believe that the mob was well behaved and did nothing wrong, im going to need evidence of that because, that is an unrealistic claim.

Well post where the BLM mob was chasing his car.

Forum List

Back