White man who intentionally drove into racial injustice protesters avoids prison, may have record expunged

After spending 76 days in jail, a white man who intentionally drove his vehicle through a crowd of racial injustice protesters in Iowa City over the summer will have his record cleared and avoid prison if he stays out of trouble during three years of probation.

Michael Ray Stepanek, 45, of Iowa City, drove his 1998 Toyota Camry through a group of protesters in late August, injuring at least one, according to police.

Stepanek told police the protesters needed "an attitude adjustment." He was charged days later with one count of assault while displaying a dangerous weapon, an aggravated misdemeanor, and one count of willful injury causing bodily harm, a class D felony.

But last month, a district court judge dismissed the first charge and deferred the second. Judge Paul Miller also suspended a $1,025 civil fine, according to court filings.

White man who intentionally drove into racial injustice protesters avoids prison, may have record expunged (msn.com)

This is just another example of 2 Justice Systems in this country.

76 days in jail was not long enough for this hater.
Did he kill any Negros?

After spending 76 days in jail, a white man who intentionally drove his vehicle through a crowd of racial injustice protesters in Iowa City over the summer will have his record cleared and avoid prison if he stays out of trouble during three years of probation.

Michael Ray Stepanek, 45, of Iowa City, drove his 1998 Toyota Camry through a group of protesters in late August, injuring at least one, according to police.

Stepanek told police the protesters needed "an attitude adjustment." He was charged days later with one count of assault while displaying a dangerous weapon, an aggravated misdemeanor, and one count of willful injury causing bodily harm, a class D felony.

But last month, a district court judge dismissed the first charge and deferred the second. Judge Paul Miller also suspended a $1,025 civil fine, according to court filings.

White man who intentionally drove into racial injustice protesters avoids prison, may have record expunged (msn.com)

Nothing wrong with righteous hatred...in fact it is a Biblical precept.

There is no hatred in my Bible. Maybe you need to get a new one? There is also little to nothing worse than defending your hate with religion.

You need to study your Bible more......

"God, I wish you would kill the wicked!
Get away from me, you murderers!
They say evil things about you.
Your enemies use your name thoughtlessly.
Lord, I hate those who hate you;
I hate those who rise up against you.
I feel only hate for them;
they are my enemies"(Psalm 139:19–22

I have and I understand that the OT was negated by the life and words of Jesus.

You need to study more....nothing in the Holy Bible is negated whatsoever.

Matthew 5:17 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law ...
biblehub.com › matthew

Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the Prophets. I have not come to abolish, but to fulfill. King James Bible Think not that I am come to destroythe ...
Matthew 5:17 KJV · ‎Matthew 5:17 Commentaries · ‎Matthew 5:17 NIV · ‎18

Last edited:

There is no hatred in my Bible. Maybe you need to get a new one? There is also little to nothing worse than defending your hate with religion.

Are you still stoning people for adultery?

“He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.”

John 8:7

The Old Covenant was, not the Old Testament

Justice well served. Too bad he didn't kill a few of the motherfuckers.

whats him being white have to do with it???

Good question, do you think he served his time?
considering the events of the crime he spent to much time and should have had all charges dropped

So it is ok for a white man to just drive his car through a group of protestors.
its OK for anyone thats surrounded by a violent mob to do what ever it takes to protect themselves,,

and what does his skin color have to do with it???
View attachment 440359
Stepanek’s attorney John Bruzek said his client was influenced by social media and political rhetoric characterizing the protesters as dangerous criminals. Stepanek initially believed he was legally justified but has come to see he was wrong and apologized, Bruzek said.

Police say Stepanek became enraged when he was stopped behind other vehicles after protesters blocked an intersection. He honked his horn then made a U-turn, squealing his tires to turn around

Then, he shut off his lights, drove around the block, and turned onto a downtown street where there were no vehicles between him and the protesters, police say. Video shows his car striking multiple protesters, dragging one on his hood, before speeding off.

Give him a public service medal.

If the "racial injustice protesters" were innocently walking on the side of the road and he ran into them, I would be with you 100%. But we both know that isn't what happened, don't we?

considering the events of the crime he spent to much time and should have had all charges dropped

So it is ok for a white man to just drive his car through a group of protestors.
its OK for anyone thats surrounded by a violent mob to do what ever it takes to protect themselves,,

View attachment 440359
Stepanek’s attorney John Bruzek said his client was influenced by social media and political rhetoric characterizing the protesters as dangerous criminals. Stepanek initially believed he was legally justified but has come to see he was wrong and apologized, Bruzek said.

Police say Stepanek became enraged when he was stopped behind other vehicles after protesters blocked an intersection. He honked his horn then made a U-turn, squealing his tires to turn around

Then, he shut off his lights, drove around the block, and turned onto a downtown street where there were no vehicles between him and the protesters, police say. Video shows his car striking multiple protesters, dragging one on his hood, before speeding off.

Man, what a great American citizen!

The Old Covenant was, not the Old Testament

Maybe that statement makes sense to you but it doesn't to me.

Happy DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is indeed Good NEWS---------

Maybe the rioters need to stop trying to terrorize drivers and other people.

Well did anyone really expect anything else from you.

Not my fault that you think that drivers should not be allowed to get away from violent thugs surrounding their vehicles and attacking their vehicle by running over the attackers.

The fault is in you that thinks that the everyday person should be victimized and is not allowed to do anything about it.......

Does that sound like he was trying to get away from violent thugs. You are racist trash.
I agree with him----the protestors aka rioters and thugs attacking innocent people and vehicals need an attitude adjustment. I'd run over their idiot asses as well.

You still don't get it...like you have no moral compass to tell you right from wrong-----your criminal blm and antifa have no right to try intimidate and harass and attack people in the roadways or anywhere else. Do it to me, and I will run you over and likely do a donut or two on your heads or shoot you.

It was as it should be.

Happy DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is indeed Good NEWS---------

Maybe the rioters need to stop trying to terrorize drivers and other people.

Well did anyone really expect anything else from you.

Not my fault that you think that drivers should not be allowed to get away from violent thugs surrounding their vehicles and attacking their vehicle by running over the attackers.

The fault is in you that thinks that the everyday person should be victimized and is not allowed to do anything about it.......

Does that sound like he was trying to get away from violent thugs. You are racist trash.
If thugs are attacking your car, they need an attitude adjustment. Whats the confusion here?

View attachment 440359

Well there you go. Just like the Delegate from WV that was arrested, the blame gets put on Trump.
Blame for what? Arresting him was a mistake and now they are expunging his record.

He brought the violence, when was he in danger?

Did he kill any Negros?

:ahole-1:

Justice well served. Too bad he didn't kill a few of the motherfuckers.

1610255866774.png

Are you still stoning people for adultery?

“He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.”

John 8:7

Permissable Hatred under Jewish Law:

It is proper to hate the wicked. "Do not I hate them, O Lord that hate Thee?" (Ps. 139:21); "The fear of the Lord is to hate evil" (Prov. 8:13). The same thought is expressed in the Talmud (Pes. 113b). Exhortations to hate all manner of evil abound in the Bible (e.g, Ex. 18:21; Ps. 26:4). God Himself hates every form of immorality (e.g., Deut. 12:31; Isa. 1:14; Ps. 5:6) because of its harm to mankind, since God Himself cannot be affected (Saadiah Gaon, Beliefs and Opinions, 4:4). The enjoinder to hate evildoers applies, however, only to impenitent and inveterate sinners, those who pay no heed to correction (Maim. Yad, Roẓe'aḥ 13:14; Ḥinnukh, 238).

Anyhow......you do bring up a very complex but interesting topic for Jews and Christians.

It takes a lot of studying and time to get a good understanding of your question and Jewish Law.

This of course is not the proper place for such a discussion

However if you find the topic interesting:
do some research on what is meant by Jesus 'coming to fulfill the law.'

This board does not have the space to deal with Jewish law.

The following link is very informative for a serious student of Jewish Law.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back