White House suggesting Atlanta Braves change name

would you wanna play for the Cincinnati shitheads?
the carolina cockgobbler?
the Florida fuck tarts?
No, but that right there is just it. The Atlanta team has gone with the name that they currently have forever and so why change it now?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Them names that you give me here, considering the way that things are going these days, one of them could be a new name that a team is eventually stuck with for all that we know.

No, but that right there is just it. The Atlanta team has gone with the name that they currently have forever and so why change it now?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Them names that you give me here, considering the way that things are going these days, one of them could be a new name that a team is eventually stuck with for all that we know.
I would so root for the Cincinnati shitheads.

Braves was just another word for Indian warriors I really don’t see any problem with the word. Nor do things seem to be going so great in the country right now that the administration has time to focus on this.

the dems really must dislike the people of GA…first the work with lies, and propaganda to force MLB to get the All Star game moved, and now they want to do the same to get their beloved Braves out of baseball

Braves was just another word for Indian warriors I really don’t see any problem with the word. Nor do things seem to be going so great in the country right now that the administration has time to focus on this.
I guess Biden could have a beer summit.

ATLANTA -- Ever wonder how the Atlanta Braves got their name? Well, the origins date back more than a century, when the team was located in Boston and owned by a member of Tammany Hall, a New York City political organization named after Tamanend, a Delaware Indian chief.

The history of the Braves organization goes back to 1876, when they were known as the Red Stockings. In 1883, they became the Beaneaters and kept that name until 1907, when new owner George Dovey changed it to the Doves.
Back then, it was common for teams to be named after their owners. So, when William Russell bought the franchise before the 1911 season, the club became the Rustlers. The team was sold the following year to James Gaffney, an alderman for Tammany Hall, which used an Indian headdress for its emblem and referred to its members as Braves.

JHC.
There is nothing derogatory about the name.
In fact it celebrated the notion that American Indians were brave warriors.

Forum List

Back