White House declines to publicly defend embattled Flynn

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Bye Bye Flynn

A top White House aide sidestepped repeated chances Sunday to publicly defend embattled national security adviser Michael Flynn following reports that he engaged in conversations with a Russian diplomat about U.S. sanctions before Trump’s inauguration.

Gen. Flynn has said up to this point that he had not said anything like that to the Russian ambassador. I think now he’s saying that he doesn’t remember whether he did or not,” Christie said on CNN. “So, that’s a conversation he is going to need to have with the president and the vice president to clear that up, so that the White House can make sure that they are completely accurate about what went on.”

White House declines to publicly defend embattled Flynn

• Banned
Mike Flynn may be losing support in White House

WASHINGTON — The White House is reviewing whether to retain National Security Adviser Mike Flynn amid a furor over his contacts with Russian officials before President Donald Trump took office, an administration official said Sunday.

Flynn has apologized to White House colleagues over the episode, which has created a rift with Vice President Mike Pence and diverted attention from the administration’s message to his own dealings, the official said. “He’s apologized to everyone,” the official said of Flynn.

Why on earth would the White House give a flying fig about some fake news?

The last I heard there was no war between the Russians and the US; treason is NOT on the cards. Just Fakistanis at it again.

Greg

I would have expected Trump to back his man at this stage.
But whatever he has done, apart from lying, he would become a distraction.

Kinda sorta like when Obama told Putin he would have to wait till he, Obama, was re elected.

If Flynn said anything he shouldn't have said I'm sure Trump will be speaking with him.

Not the big deal Guano is trying to make it out to be. Man should really get a life.

Forum List

Back