White House attacks 'false' Atlantic story about Trump insulting dead soldiers: 'What a disgrace!'

Sure, and he really didn't call McCain a loser for getting shot down and captured while he weaseled out of service.

It never happened.

Now if you understand it did happen this falls right in line with that.
WW2 veterans, especially the dead ones, are universally beloved across all party lines. No one would even think they are losers, let alone say something like that out loud. Its sad that such a ridiculous claim like this can be made and still be considered legitimate news. Youre dumb for believing this silly horseshit. :laugh:
You haven't learned yet that you put NOTHING past that POS Trump

I like presidents who don’t get impeached.
To paraphrase an old saying: by their enemies ye shall know them. Trump's enemies are a bunch of most despicable politicians I've ever come across.
Yes, Barr The peoples lawyer the Post Master General Trumps people, are scum Throw in Pompei Pence Cruz Graham etc etc and you have people lower than sharkshit on the bottom of the ocean

Sure, and he really didn't call McCain a loser for getting shot down and captured while he weaseled out of service.

It never happened.

WW2 veterans, especially the dead ones, are universally beloved across all party lines. No one would even think they are losers, let alone say something like that out loud. Its sad that such a ridiculous claim like this can be made and still be considered legitimate news. Youre dumb for believing this silly horseshit. :laugh:
How much will you cry on election night?

It never happened.

How much will you cry on election night?
I'll weep but not for myself ,for America How much lower will the pos trump take us?

Now let's get an earful of what Trump considers credible information and how he describes thugs on a plane:

"
But when asked about the story by reporters on Tuesday morning, the president said his story was based on "a firsthand account of a plane going from Washington to wherever" -- changing the direction the plane was flying, compared to what he claimed the day before.
He said he would see whether "the person" who he said told him the information would speak to reporters."""

So he deals in bullshit conspiracies and then offers no proof.
Sort of what the idiots on this board do all the fucking time.
John Bolton talks about this visit in his own book. That the trip was scrapped because of the weather and that visibility made it impossible to land. So...yeah...it’s fake news.
All the other leaders drove there, about 40 miles.

Trump COULD have gone had he wanted to.

But the hair. How could he honor the American sacrifice with his hair mussed up?

Honestly, if there was ever a time to sue a media outlet for slander this would be it. Politicians can't be thrown through the MSM media loop and all networks carry it without a shred of evidence in order to harm peoples campaigns. Media outlets should be forced to defend slander like this in court.

I find it odd how generally cautious networks like CBC just run with any news from any two bit source as long as it fits the narrative. This attack seems quite coordinated. Trying to swing support back to the Dems?

The White House is describing an anonymously sourced article from The Atlantic as "a disgrace," claiming that it falsely accuses President Trump of insulting dead soldiers and being ignorant of who fought in World War I.

"Not a soul brave enough to put their name on any of these accusations. That's because they are false," White House spokesman Judd Deere tweeted on Thursday.

"Just another anonymously sourced story meant to tear down a Commander-in-Chief who loves our military and has delivered on the promises he's made. What a disgrace!"

The Atlantic's article, written by editor-in-chief Jeffrey Goldberg, cites four unnamed sources in saying that Trump claimed the Aisne-Marne American cemetery near Paris was "filled with losers." Trump had canceled a visit to the cemetery in 2018, prompting widespread criticism in the media at the time. The president claimed his helicopter couldn't fly in the rain and that the Secret Service would drive him there -- claims that Goldberg says are false.

If a politician could do that a lot of republicans would have been sued by now.

The reality is that what you want to happen can't happen.

Here in America we have a thing called the First Amendment. It includes a free press and free speech.

Unfortunately republicans have twisted free speech into including lies.

The Florida state Supreme Court ruled just that in a case with Fox News. They fired someone because that person refused to lie on the air. The person took the station to court over it. The person lost. With the state Supreme Court ruling that Fox News had a right to fire that person. That the truth had nothing to do with it and they could lie all they want.

I know that up in Canada you have very strict laws about lying in the media. Which is why I read more Canadian press than American.

We don't have those laws here in America. People can pretty much say whatever they want whether it's true or not.

Honestly, if there was ever a time to sue a media outlet for slander this would be it. Politicians can't be thrown through the MSM media loop and all networks carry it without a shred of evidence in order to harm peoples campaigns. Media outlets should be forced to defend slander like this in court.

I find it odd how generally cautious networks like CBC just run with any news from any two bit source as long as it fits the narrative. This attack seems quite coordinated. Trying to swing support back to the Dems?

The White House is describing an anonymously sourced article from The Atlantic as "a disgrace," claiming that it falsely accuses President Trump of insulting dead soldiers and being ignorant of who fought in World War I.

"Not a soul brave enough to put their name on any of these accusations. That's because they are false," White House spokesman Judd Deere tweeted on Thursday.

"Just another anonymously sourced story meant to tear down a Commander-in-Chief who loves our military and has delivered on the promises he's made. What a disgrace!"

The Atlantic's article, written by editor-in-chief Jeffrey Goldberg, cites four unnamed sources in saying that Trump claimed the Aisne-Marne American cemetery near Paris was "filled with losers." Trump had canceled a visit to the cemetery in 2018, prompting widespread criticism in the media at the time. The president claimed his helicopter couldn't fly in the rain and that the Secret Service would drive him there -- claims that Goldberg says are false.

Fox News has confirmed it as well. It is not surprising that he would do it considering what he has said about McCain.

Jeffrey Goldberg is Fake News
Techno Fog
@Techno_Fog

·
Sep 3

On that Atlantic Story -
@JeffreyGoldberg
and his "four sources" claim Trump's helicopter flight to the US/French cemetery wasn't cancelled due to weather. FOIA docs prove this to be false. Their "sources" are failing basic fact checks - making them essentially worthless.

1599374136414.png

1599374181842.png

Attachments

• 1599374228808.png
    1599374228808.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 1599374279799.png
    1599374279799.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 20

With the blatant lies Dems told about Romney I feel the Dem's Trump lies will be over the top the next 2 months. Trump fathers love child with alien these people on the left are lowlife scum.
Yes Blues all these charges of your pos opening his lying mouth are so above him This poor man is being accused of things he would never do or say....Trump is an open book, protecting Putin but not Americans

With the blatant lies Dems told about Romney I feel the Dem's Trump lies will be over the top the next 2 months. Trump fathers love child with alien these people on the left are lowlife scum.
Yes Blues all these charges of your pos opening his lying mouth are so above him This poor man is being accused of things he would never do or say....Trump is an open book, protecting Putin but not Americans

And yet Trump is an improvement vs the left. :auiqs.jpg:

If you think kissing our enemy Putins butt is an improvement shame on you

Dems are my enemy, Putin would be an improvement on Dems. :eusa_hand:

As are Republicans my enemies Trump is a traitor , a Russian lover ,,so he fits right into your political view

As are Republicans my enemies Trump is a traitor , a Russian lover ,,so he fits right into your political view

See you at the polls, I look forward to making Dems cry again this November.

See you at the polls, I look forward to making Dems cry again this November.
If trump wins America will cry More dragging America thru the mud and kissing putins butt Now the slime has lost our armed forces votes Face it blues Trump is a dead man walking.......if only

There is no need to put"false" in scare quotes.

There are now 19 on record eyewitness reports vs four unnamed cowards.

Screen-Shot-2020-09-08-at-11.41.17.png

It never happened.

Well, I didn't like when Trump made that comment. I will say though, McCain seemed to become quite wealthy in life for a lifetime of political service. Why did so many of his colleagues fear him? Why did Rand Paul hate the guy with a passion?

I'd love to know his secret to such great wealth. Even being a POW or former war hero doesn't give you a permanent pass on pushing for war everywhere you can. I also recall reading that he was behind pushing for the IRS to investigate the Tea Party.

If all of this is true, he is hardly a "hero". Where I'm from we call him a snake. As much as some might fear a guy like this for all his political connections, people with real courage call him out. Why didn't he push Meagan to join the military if he believed in the causes he pushed?

I stood up for McCain as I heard of him being a POW. I didn't dislike him, though, I hardly felt he would make a good president from what I hear Once Canadian media were feigning sorrow over McCains passing, I knew this guy probably wasn't someone I would trust if I knew him.
fyi
McCain married in to money, his wife's family money.

Forum List

Back