Which of these is the best drum solo and/or drummer

Who you like

• John Bonham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carter Beauford (Dave Mathews still SUCKS hard -pretend that's not relevant)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OP
WTH_Progs?

WTH_Progs?

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Gene Krupa
He used another drummer on occasions. My father had a swing band and used a drummer who played for Krupa. Unfortunately I don't know his name. Probably a recording guy, something like.

You're not the only who says Krupa BTW. My dad said Rich was flash & Krupa a fundamentalist. I knew Chuck Ruff (e.g., Edgar Winters) and his favorites were Bonham & Krupa.

Last edited:
OP
WTH_Progs?

WTH_Progs?

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My mom's favorite entertainer, she's not wrong. Sammy one of a kind. Give him an instrument he doesn't know if you find one, he'll have it figured out in five ;)

I'll never forget him half out a car window waiving at people, small town normal day.

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Vinny Colaiuta was Zappa's favorite drummer. His work with Arthur Barrow on bass on "Shut Up N Play Yer Guitar" is just stellar.
Terry Bozzio and Chad Wackerman are both better than 90% of all drummers out there.

Another guy not mentioned is noted gardener Jeff Porcaro, RIP.

Pogo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Interesting choice --- I always played that track to highlight Jack Bruce's bass.

But that was the thing about Cream; there were no weak points. Disraeli Gears was the first LP I ever bought and I literally wore it out.
Tales of Brave Ulysses is a trippy song. Wah-wah extravaganza! :icon_sjung:
Yeah, just pumping the pedal on every beat though. What stands out to me in that one is (a) Ginger Baker's signature triplets and (b) Jack Bruce's improv at the end. I love me some Ginger Baker triplets.

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List