Where the hell are these folks?

Is this a referendum on OCA and his heavy handed ways? Well, Dillo, I agree with you that OCA frequently bans people for the same type of language that he freely dispenses. He also goads people into "crossing the line" so that he can ban them. He flames board members, but can't take a hit himself without whining. He seems to pick on the people to whom this board actually means something to, so that the ban might affect them. People with a feeble grip like RWA. I doubt that he will ban me for saying this, because he knows I don't give a shit. I don't think he's a good moderator, but maybe the powers that be like him for some reason. Maybe it's a good cop, bad cop routine. Maybe they want a variety of moderating styles and OCA is one of the outliers. I think he lowers the overall tone of the discourse around here. Once in a while he takes a principled stance, primarily on immigration and racism, but his temper is out of control. But this is nothing new, I have told him this and when I had an altercation with him I mentioned it to some of the other moderators, who seemed to agree. I don't know how things work around here, because I don't actually know any of the people.

ROTFLMFAO! Mostly correct except the can't take a hit part, if you knew the number of nasty pm's I get and the miniscule amountof times that I actually reply to them you would see that my skin is thicker than a 3 lb hamburger. As for the banning, no, if you would like me to present a record of bannings from the last year you will see that i'm maybe responsible for about 10%.

No mods agreed with you, if they did they would come forth or you would mention names, puhlease.

ROTFLMFAO! Mostly correct except the can't take a hit part, if you knew the number of nasty pm's I get and the miniscule amountof times that I actually reply to them you would see that my skin is thicker than a 3 lb hamburger. As for the banning, no, if you would like me to present a record of bannings from the last year you will see that i'm maybe responsible for about 10%.

No mods agreed with you, if they did they would come forth or you would mention names, puhlease.

I don't think anyone would give a damn if it weren't for your blantant disregard for the rules while when others do the same thing they are reprimanded and/or banned. YA YA--life ain't fair but is there any harm in trying or are you just so special that you can't adjust to a common standard of behavior like everyone else does.

I don't think anyone would give a damn if it weren't for your blantant disregard for the rules while when others do the same thing they are reprimanded and/or banned. YA YA--life ain't fair but is there any harm in trying or are you just so special that you can't adjust to a common standard of behavior like everyone else does.

Show me where i've blatantly disregarded the rules, please try.

Show me where i've blatantly disregarded the rules, please try.

Honest Question: Is there a rule about moderators "fucking with outer people's messages"? If there is no such rule, should there be one? OCA did fuck with my post several weeks ago but I don't know if there is a rule against such behavior.

I got news for any of you who have a problem with me.............I ain't changing, i'm staying the fucking course. If you can't deal with that there is always the option to leave. Those of you whom have dealt with me amicably in the past, and you know who you are, know that there are two sides to OCA, the thing is though if you get on my bad side more than once well, simply put, redemption is a hard achievement.

So thats it in a nutshell.

Honest Question: Is there a rule about moderators "fucking with outer people's messages"? If there is no such rule, should there be one? OCA did fuck with my post several weeks ago but I don't know if there is a rule against such behavior.

Matts, don't be a fag, oh no wait you are one. To answer your question no there is no rule against it. Get on with life.

Moderators are not allowed to flame members,

I know--what YOU do is different.
Don't bother. I'll just consider you to be open to the same kind of assault you lay on others.

Really? I did not know that. I see it done so often that I thought that it was allowed. I guess that it is just ignored.

• Thanks
Reactions: Nuc
Moderators are not allowed to flame members,

I know--what YOU do is different.
Don't bother. I'll just consider you to be open to the same kind of assault you lay on others.

Finally! Welcome to my own version of the Cambodian killing fields. You know in reality that you don't really want to go down this road with me.

Oh and that rule is subjective at best and taken literaly(sp?) rarely.

Finally! Welcome to my own version of the Cambodian killing fields. You know in reality that you don't really want to go down this road with me.

Oh and that rule is subjective at best and taken literaly(sp?) rarely.

What road? No doubt it's a subjective rule. It's the little ace you keep up your sleeve to keep your special advantage. I think the non-sheep here have figured that one out a long time ago, Pol Pot !

You're going on a 1 month ban today. In about an hour.

I close threads when they VIOLATE rules. The Moderators close threads when they VIOLATE rules. We make what, in english, is called 'Judgment Calls'. When we determine a thread is violating established rules, OR common sense, it gets closed.

I LOVE people fucking with me. I'm a Give-and-Take kinda guy. What I HATE is little pissants like you chomping away at my heels. If RWA was replied back, that's one thing. If HE wrote what you did, that's one thing, because it was HIM with whom I was fucking. NOT. You.

You'll have plenty of time to be left alone, roomy. Plenty.

So people are supposed to sit back and let you run all over other members of the board?

Douchebag.

So people are supposed to sit back and let you run all over other members of the board?

Douchebag.

Ok, you come here, x number of days later and flame an admin. Wish granted, 3 day ban, though I'm sure you'll never see it.

Ok, you come here, x number of days later and flame an admin. Wish granted, 3 day ban, though I'm sure you'll never see it.

Can you un-ban this darling for about 1 minute so I can neg rep him, then ban him again?

1441.gif

Forum List

Back