Where are the adults? If it looks like a bomb, assume it's a bomb.

R

rdean

So a little kid brings a clock to school and it looks like a bomb. If it looks like a bomb, assume it's a bomb. So the police came to take a look. Good. That's what they are supposed to do.

So when they find out it's not a bomb, say sorry kid and walk away. Then the teacher should tell the kid not to bring something to school if it looks like a bomb. If you want a clock, wear a watch. And it's the teacher's responsibility to tell the parents there is a strict policy of not bringing bombs or anything that looks like a bomb to school and if he does it again, he will be suspended.

And it's the principal's responsibility the entire school is told, if it looks like a bomb, tell a teacher, don't go near it.

Besides, the science teacher should tell students to build drones or something that doesn't look like a bomb.

Then go home and come back for class. Don't be late.

But don't just do that for just Muslim Students. Remember right wing conservative Timothy McVeigh. He didn't look Muslim and he wasn't Muslim.

If it looks like a bomb, assume it's a bomb. Act appropriately. Treat everyone the same. Treat everything that looks like a bomb like you would treat a bomb.

Common sense. Done. End of story. Act like adults.

This is not a story about a bomb. It is a story about a dark-skinned youngster by the name of Mohamed who was propelled to stardom by Liberals in order that they perpetuate a fantasy.

So a little kid brings a clock to school and it looks like a bomb. If it looks like a bomb, assume it's a bomb. So the police came to take a look. Good. That's what they are supposed to do.

So when they find out it's not a bomb, say sorry kid and walk away. Then the teacher should tell the kid not to bring something to school if it looks like a bomb. If you want a clock, wear a watch. And it's the teacher's responsibility to tell the parents there is a strict policy of not bringing bombs or anything that looks like a bomb to school and if he does it again, he will be suspended.

And it's the principal's responsibility the entire school is told, if it looks like a bomb, tell a teacher, don't go near it.

Besides, the science teacher should tell students to build drones or something that doesn't look like a bomb.

But don't just do that for just Muslim Students. Remember right wing conservative Timothy McVeigh. He didn't look Muslim and he wasn't Muslim.

If it looks like a bomb, assume it's a bomb. Act appropriately. Treat everyone the same. Treat everything that looks like a bomb like you would treat a bomb.

First thing you've ever posted that I've agreed with.

I said: it's sad they thought that kid had a bomb.
She said: they didn't think he had a bomb.
I said: yes, they thought he made a bomb and even called the police.
She said: They just wanted to humiliate a little Muslim boy. They didn't think he had a bomb.
I said: Don't be a conspiracy theorist. They might be a little prejudiced, but I'm sure they thought he had a bomb.
She said: OK.
But they didn't evacuate the school, like you do when there's a bomb.
They didn't call a bomb squad - like you do when there's a bomb.
They didn't get as far away from him as possible, like you do when there's a bomb.
Then they put him and the clock in an office: not like you do when there's a bomb
Then they waited with him for the police to arrive, and then they put the clock in the same car as the police.
Then they took pictures of it.

I said: Damn.....They never thought he had a bomb.

EQUAL RIGHTS are HUMAN RIGHTS
The Irving PD, & the School Admin will be rightfully sued.
They can now pay Ahmed's way to MIT.
Thanks.
"They never thought he had a bomb"

"They didn't think he had a bomb."

I gotta agree with deno on this one. If an Irish kid brought a ticking box to a science fair in England they would have evacuated the freaking Queen from Buckingham Palace.

Enough about this already. A kid was screwed over, people came to his defense, and everyone lived happily ever after. No need to talk about it anymore.

He wasn't screwed over. He was investigated for possibly committing a crime, and released. The system worked.
Yeah he was humiliated, and now he gets to have the last laugh. Good for him. :thup:

Reminds me of the lawsuit over a Korean honor student expelled for bringing
a pencil sharpener to school that qualified as a 'knife' and violated the weapons policy.
The parents sued, arguing the school violated due process by issuing punishment
without considering defense (in part due to cultural differences with the pencil
sharpener as the normal type of tool used by Korean students).

Parents sue after honor student suspended over pencil sharpener
=================================
ktrk ^

Posted on 10/22/2003 12:44:04 PM PDT by chance33_98

By The Associated Press

(10/22/03 - HOUSTON) — The parents of a Katy middle school honor student have sued the school district alleging it punished their daughter without a fair hearing over a pencil sharpener.

Christina Lough, a straight-A student at Garland McMeans Junior High School west of Houston, received seven days of in-school suspension earlier this month after a teacher wrote her up for having a sharpener that violated the school district's zero-tolerance policy on weapons. Lough also was removed as president of the student council and honor society.

The sharpener has a 2-inch blade which folds into a small handle and is used to sharpen pencils in South Korea, where the girl's family is from.

Attorney Neal H. Paster told the Houston Chronicle in Wednesday's editions the parents don't object to the school banning the pencil sharpener, but want their daughter treated fairly.

"They just want the punishment to fit the crime," he said. "This was an innocent mistake on her part and they are treating it as if it were the second coming of the hijackers." The suit was filed in state court and has been transferred to federal court.

The school district says it had no choice but to follow its policy which prohibits weapons, such as pocket knives, fireworks, razors, box cutters, chains or "any other object used in a way that threatens or inflicts bodily injury on another person."

"If we vary from the rules, that's when the rules fall apart," said school district attorney Christopher B. Gilbert.

First thing you've ever posted that I've agreed with.
I was just starting to think maybe someone hacked his account. lol

Oh no.....I am feeling faint.....my knees are weak...I have to sit down.....I actually agree with RDean....he makes sense.......

This is not a story about a bomb. It is a story about a dark-skinned youngster by the name of Mohamed who was propelled to stardom by Liberals in order that they perpetuate a fantasy.
You are comparing him to Zimmerman? A man who stalked, chased down and murdered an unarmed child? And now he's a GOP hero?

You are comparing him to Zimmerman? A man who stalked, chased down and murdered an unarmed child? And now he's a GOP hero?
Not really. I'm comparing you to a hot fudge sundae topped with nuts.

Lots of nuts.

A lot of threads, and the more the better. This particular incident is going to cost the GOP a major number of votes come Nov16. You see, as Dean pointed out, had it been handled right, it would have been no news. It was handled poorly, and the GOP pundits, instead of taking a rational view of it, have tried to make it a rallying point. And once again, to anyone in any minority, pointed out that being non-white in their view is a crime in itself.

Reminds me of the lawsuit over a Korean honor student expelled for bringing
a pencil sharpener to school that qualified as a 'knife' and violated the weapons policy.
The parents sued, arguing the school violated due process by issuing punishment
without considering defense (in part due to cultural differences with the pencil
sharpener as the normal type of tool used by Korean students).

=================================
ktrk ^

Posted on 10/22/2003 12:44:04 PM PDT by chance33_98

By The Associated Press

(10/22/03 - HOUSTON) — The parents of a Katy middle school honor student have sued the school district alleging it punished their daughter without a fair hearing over a pencil sharpener.

Christina Lough, a straight-A student at Garland McMeans Junior High School west of Houston, received seven days of in-school suspension earlier this month after a teacher wrote her up for having a sharpener that violated the school district's zero-tolerance policy on weapons. Lough also was removed as president of the student council and honor society.

The sharpener has a 2-inch blade which folds into a small handle and is used to sharpen pencils in South Korea, where the girl's family is from.

Attorney Neal H. Paster told the Houston Chronicle in Wednesday's editions the parents don't object to the school banning the pencil sharpener, but want their daughter treated fairly.

"They just want the punishment to fit the crime," he said. "This was an innocent mistake on her part and they are treating it as if it were the second coming of the hijackers." The suit was filed in state court and has been transferred to federal court.

The school district says it had no choice but to follow its policy which prohibits weapons, such as pocket knives, fireworks, razors, box cutters, chains or "any other object used in a way that threatens or inflicts bodily injury on another person."

"If we vary from the rules, that's when the rules fall apart," said school district attorney Christopher B. Gilbert.
Getting suspended and removed as president of the school council and honor society because of something like that to me was over the line, especially if the girl didn't know that her pencil sharpener was going to be such an issue. If a punishment had to be on her plate anyways, detention in my opinion would have been sufficient. If her every intention was to harm anyone, do the school authority people really believe that a pencil sharpener would have been the girl's weapon of choice?

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back