When you pray, go to your closet.

Matthew 6 New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)
Chapter 6
Teaching About Almsgiving.[a] 1 “[But] take care not to perform righteous deeds in order that people may see them; otherwise, you will have no recompense from your heavenly Father. 2 When you give alms, do not blow a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites[b] do in the synagogues and in the streets to win the praise of others. Amen, I say to you, they have received their reward. 3 But when you give alms, do not let your left hand know what your right is doing, 4 so that your almsgiving may be secret. And your Father who sees in secret will repay you.

Teaching About Prayer. 5 “When you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, who love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on street corners so that others may see them. Amen, I say to you, they have received their reward. 6 But when you pray, go to your inner room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will repay you. 7 [c]In praying, do not babble like the pagans, who think that they will be heard because of their many words.[d] 8 Do not be like them. Your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
---------------------------------------------
They have received their reward (from humans that don't know what the scriptures say)
View attachment 345215

MATTHEW 5:15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a basket. Instead, they set it on a stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

He has no light in him.
Judge not, that ye be not judged. [2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. [3] And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

I'm ready.

I don't do a photo op with a bible that I never read.
Luke 18:9-14 New Living Translation (NLT)
Parable of the Pharisee and Tax Collector
9 Then Jesus told this story to some who had great confidence in their own righteousness and scorned everyone else: 10 “Two men went to the Temple to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a despised tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer[a]: ‘I thank you, God, that I am not like other people—cheaters, sinners, adulterers. I’m certainly not like that tax collector! 12 I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, ‘O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.’ 14 I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Chapter 6
Teaching About Almsgiving.[a] 1 “[But] take care not to perform righteous deeds in order that people may see them; otherwise, you will have no recompense from your heavenly Father. 2 When you give alms, do not blow a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites[b] do in the synagogues and in the streets to win the praise of others. Amen, I say to you, they have received their reward. 3 But when you give alms, do not let your left hand know what your right is doing, 4 so that your almsgiving may be secret. And your Father who sees in secret will repay you.

Teaching About Prayer. 5 “When you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, who love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on street corners so that others may see them. Amen, I say to you, they have received their reward. 6 But when you pray, go to your inner room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will repay you. 7 [c]In praying, do not babble like the pagans, who think that they will be heard because of their many words.[d] 8 Do not be like them. Your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
They have received their reward (from humans that don't know what the scriptures say)
View attachment 345215

Does this mean you're coming out of the closet?

Chapter 6

View attachment 345215

MATTHEW 5:15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a basket. Instead, they set it on a stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

He has no light in him.
Judge not, that ye be not judged. [2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. [3] And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

I'm ready.

9 Then Jesus told this story to some who had great confidence in their own righteousness and scorned everyone else: 10 “Two men went to the Temple to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a despised tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer[a]: ‘I thank you, God, that I am not like other people—cheaters, sinners, adulterers. I’m certainly not like that tax collector! 12 I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, ‘O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.’ 14 I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Tramp would be the Pharisee. You don't get the pic in the OP. It was a photo-op.

unfortunately that is one big ass issue with the bible you can find justification for anything in the bible...
abortion..its there....killing this person and that person....bears sent in to kill children...what the hell did the Canaanites do ...slaughtered to the last child...the list goes on and on but wth...she quotes the bible and yall get all pissy?

Chapter 6

View attachment 345215

You can have two words . . . fuck and you, you anti-Christian strumpet. If Donald Trump personally ran into a burning building to save a child, the next day you would declare that all children trapped in burning buildings must be left there to die.
fuck and you, you anti-Christian strumpet.
and you did not think trump was grandstanding - you

View attachment 345247

had it been a true bible the perpetrator would have been consumed in flames.

Trump must be doing something right. The only thing going up in flames are liberal cities.

Apparently God hates liberals. It probably has something to do with all those unborn babies they murdered.

A fifth night of unrest following the death of George Floyd saw protests in Florida turn violent, with several deputies suffering injuries as businesses were looted and set on fire.

A deputy in Jacksonville was either stabbed or slashed in the neck when a peaceful protest turned into a destructive riot, the Jacksonville Sheriff Mike Williams told reporters Saturday night. The deputy is recovering at a hospital.

Heard that. We bought this amazing thing called a "television." It's like a square thing that you plug into the wall, and it has talking pictures on it.

Personally, I think it's the wave of the future. I'm gonna invest all my money in this new-fangled televisionistic device because I think that someday, everyone will have one.

It appears the complaint is about someone seen as an outsider showing his support and approval for who people of faith. Let's recall that, like you, the Apostles were outraged and complained to Jesus when someone outside their group was copying what Jesus was doing. Do you recall what Jesus said? He said, Leave him alone. Whoever is not against us is for us.

The President surely and clearly showed that he was for people of faith. Therefore we have our instructions. Leave him alone.

Chapter 6

View attachment 345215

He has no light in him.

I'm ready.

Tramp would be the Pharisee. You don't get the pic in the OP. It was a photo-op.
Since you’re now USMB’s resident scriptorium
Maybe Job described you when he said, A jackass will bring forth a man before you speak with wisdom

unfortunately that is one big ass issue with the bible you can find justification for anything in the bible...
abortion..its there....killing this person and that person....bears sent in to kill children...what the hell did the Canaanites do ...slaughtered to the last child...the list goes on and on but wth...she quotes the bible and yall get all pissy?
It's OK for Penelope to find justification for anything in the Bible but don't anybody else participate! That's just pissy.

Chapter 6

View attachment 345215

He has no light in him.

I'm ready.

It's not that I don't "get" the pic. I just don't interpret it the same way you do. God allows the rain to fall on the just and the unjust, ya know?

It appears the complaint is about someone seen as an outsider showing his support and approval for who people of faith. Let's recall that, like you, the Apostles were outraged and complained to Jesus when someone outside their group was copying what Jesus was doing. Do you recall what Jesus said? He said, Leave him alone. Whoever is not against us is for us.

The President surely and clearly showed that he was for people of faith. Therefore we have our instructions. Leave him alone.
christian's to leave trump alone ...

Several prominent segregationists have used the phrase while cracking down on black protesters since the civil rights era.

christian's have since the 4th century stood in earnest support for the persecution and victimization of the innocent - their forged and fallacious christian bible.

just pointing out that quoting the bible has upset people....

and yes the rain falls on the just and the unjust....

and a sin is a sin....

just pointing out that quoting the bible has upset people....

and yes the rain falls on the just and the unjust....

and a sin is a sin....
I don't care if quoting the Bible upsets people.

As for the rain- there's that pesky context again. God makes the rain fall on the just and the unjust for He loves all of us. We must strive to love as God loves. We must even love our enemies.

Forum List

Back