When we talk about Education, then, including, we mean learning to Work.

There are still voc schools, with more being built all the time. Waiting lists to get into good voc schools are long.

Are you talking about public high schools? If so that's great. They got rid of the entire VOC/ED department in my old HS.

That sounds like you live in a Liberalville!

Sorry, sir ..
- Can you fix the Water tap?
- Can you replace the gas holder with the gas stove?
- Can you sharpen an ax, chain saw or just an ordinary knife?
- Can you calculate the cross-section of an electrical wire that will not lead to a fire if your house is heated by electricity?

Finally...
Can you distinguish between "dry" wood and "wet" wood?

America was created by emigrants from Europe, so, historically, you should know this.

I will continue a little ...
There is such an old American tradition:
Old grandmothers collect shreds and sew from them "American blanket."
Question:
- Can you sew such a blanket?

Yes to all of them and I never learned a damn one of them in school. Neither did most people of my age and I am a retired teacher. You are confused about the purpose of education. No one does those things anymore because they are not required.

They are no longer "required" because so-called educators today are no longer able to teach them.

When I attended high school in California in the 50s, we had vocational education. I majored in vocational agriculture and learned; carpentry, electricity, plumbing, welding, metallurgy, mechanics, and animal husbandry, just to name a few. I also took a class in science, chemistry, and anatomy.

Was it advantageous in my career? Yes and no. I started out in the army as a mechanic on heavy construction equipment. But, as usual, "the needs of the army," came to the fore when it was learned I could type and, over 23 years, my many attempts to get out from behind a desk were thwarted by personnel officers.

I did find it quite handy in private life as I seldom had to hire someone else to hand a wide range of tasks around the home and with my many different vehicles.

I would love to see a major push to return vocational training to the school system.

We have. You just are not aware. Maybe you should talk to your school board.

We used to have vocational education to teach kids how to turn a wrench, perform basic medical services, fix air conditioners, etc... Somewhere someone decided that we should move people into college instead of the workforce after high school. I think that was a very big mistake made by our educators.

There are still voc schools, with more being built all the time. Waiting lists to get into good voc schools are long.

Are you talking about public high schools? If so that's great. They got rid of the entire VOC/ED department in my old HS.

Sorry, sir ..
- Can you calculate the cross-section of an electrical wire that will not lead to a fire if your house is heated by electricity?

Finally...

America was created by emigrants from Europe, so, historically, you should know this.

Question:

Yes to all of them and I never learned a damn one of them in school. Neither did most people of my age and I am a retired teacher. You are confused about the purpose of education. No one does those things anymore because they are not required.

Excuse me, are you an Admiral or a Teacher?

In Soviet schools there was such a subject of teaching "military business"
This was given for children from 14 to 17 years.
Such an object in the Soviet school was taught by an old gagged-legged Colonel ...

Last edited:

Sorry, sir ..

Finally...

Question:

They are no longer "required" because so-called educators today are no longer able to teach them.

When I attended high school in California in the 50s, we had vocational education. I majored in vocational agriculture and learned; carpentry, electricity, plumbing, welding, metallurgy, mechanics, and animal husbandry, just to name a few. I also took a class in science, chemistry, and anatomy.

Was it advantageous in my career? Yes and no. I started out in the army as a mechanic on heavy construction equipment. But, as usual, "the needs of the army," came to the fore when it was learned I could type and, over 23 years, my many attempts to get out from behind a desk were thwarted by personnel officers.

I did find it quite handy in private life as I seldom had to hire someone else to hand a wide range of tasks around the home and with my many different vehicles.

I would love to see a major push to return vocational training to the school system.

There are several vocational institutions here in Clarke County and they are very difficult to get into. One has to maintain an excellent grade point average to stay.

Sorry, sir ..

Finally...

Question:

Not sure what you're driving at.
Wow ..
Any Russian, or rather, Soviet, can do it.
It's strange for me to hear that the Americans do not know how.
Besides...
When I talk about the "American blanket," then I can give you links to the American survival forum ..
There is an "American grandmother" who will tell you how to do it. But she is very nervous, since this American Lady is more than 80 years of age.

I think you are referring to what we call a quilt.
1505430129276-20170912_meetmeinthemiddle_madisonpark_34409_wall_504656.jpg

There was, at one time, a common social event where women from a small community would get together for a "quilting bee." They would all work together to create these items of bedding for other members of the group. Some were made to sell in local markets for fairs.
i

Sorry, sir ..

Finally...

Question:

Not sure what you're driving at.
Wow ..
Any Russian, or rather, Soviet, can do it.
It's strange for me to hear that the Americans do not know how.
Besides...
When I talk about the "American blanket," then I can give you links to the American survival forum ..
There is an "American grandmother" who will tell you how to do it. But she is very nervous, since this American Lady is more than 80 years of age.

There was, at one time, a common social event where women from a small community would get together for a "quilting bee." They would all work together to create these items of bedding for other members of the group. Some were made to sell in local markets for fairs.
Thank you, but your photo shows the so-called "perfect version"
The Russians are very squeamish, so we use rags only on the rug, which we walk on our feet ..

Even in the Soviet Army.
Try to find in Google "Blanket for the Army of the USSR"
You will see that this blanket has 2 strips ..
Why are these 2 strips?
:04:

When we talk about Education, then, including, we mean learning to Work.

I will show the theses as taught Soviet children and I want to find out how it is done in America.
What is Work?
Every person who grew up in the USSR, except knowledge of Science, Culture, Sports, should have known the basic positions for the household:
boys - carpenters1, carpenters2, locksmiths, electronics ...
girls - medicine, housekeeping ...

This knowledge was given by the secondary school.
Training from 7 years to 17 years old. 10 classes.

Here are the positions of teaching Trud in the USSR.

1st class, 7 years of age.
Boys and girls glue appliqués from colored paper, collect herbariums, mold figures from plasticine ... later .. they learn to embroider with colored threads handkerchiefs. Later .. they learn the difference between cotton, wool and synthetic threads, they learn to darn socks, sew buttons ..

2 class, 8 years of age.
Boys and girls learn to work with constructors/disainers... That is a set of metal parts with slats, bolts, washers and nuts.
The USSR was selling an analogue of the modern plastic LEGO, but it was not considered a constructor/designer, but a toy, since it garbage too primitive. Hahaha..
Children are given a simple knowledge about metals, wood, plastic.

3 class, 9 years of age.
The boys are taught the basics of carpentry1.
They should be able to work with simple tools.
Girls are taught the basics of culinary arts.

4th class. 10 years of age.
Boys study in school workshops and study carpentry1 and carpentry2. They make real wooden constructions, which the school then uses.
Girls study in school workshops and study the art of sewing, cooks. They actually prepare food

5th class 11 years of age.
Boys learn locksmith's art, work with metal
Girls study medicine

6th class 12 years of age.
Boys are studying turning art, they start working on machine tools.
Girls start working on sewing machines.

7th class 13 years of age
8th class 14 years of age.
I do not remember the differences .. in those years schoolchildren improved their knowledge.

9th class 15 years of age.
Boys and girls study Labor 1 day a week
Outside the school at a production plant. Directions: locksmith, turner, electrician, electronics, informatics, cars, nurse, housekeeping ... And, if you are a young man, you can study female specialties. Or vice versa.

10th grade 16-17 years old Boys and Girls are practicing realistically at the Factory or the Enterprise ...

Now, I'm interested. How is Labor taught in American schools?

Here they emphasize STEM courses that focuses on science, technology and mathematics. There is also a strong focus to influence women to pursue careers in those fields. Basically there is a strong push to move students into higher education. The reality here is the general concept you aren't going much of anywhere without a college education.

Of course we still have men and women that can make a killing working heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and electrical, etc. (if we flooded the market with those people, then demand would be more satisfied and they wouldn't make as much money). As far as manufacturing/production/service is concerned, there is a general acceptance that those jobs are for people who cannot (or don't want to in some cases) do any better. In most cases, they still aren't going to get very high in production/service management without a college degree (even if their degree is in English Literature and has nothing to do with their job).

Here most people want to go to college, whether or not they are ever going to use anything they learn in college. Here at the ages 16-18 they can choose to practice business, politics, sports in extra curricular activities or they can work (after school).

Sorry, sir ..

Finally...

Question:

Me too. I’d even stand behind making some vocational training mandatory in public school. Especially cooking a balanced meal. It’s not vocational per say but could be. Take two weeks and train kids how to properly cook a damn meal.

Sorry, sir ..

Finally...

Question:

Such an object in the Soviet school was taught by an old gagged-legged Colonel ...

I was an naval officer first, and then a teacher. My actual rank in the Navy was Lieutenant Commander and I served 23 years both active and reserve. I taught math and social studies for 21 years. Those two careers overlapped by 5 years.

Thank you, but your photo shows the so-called "perfect version"
The Russians are very squeamish, so we use rags only on the rug, which we walk on our feet ..

Even in the Soviet Army.
Try to find in Google "Blanket for the Army of the USSR"
You will see that this blanket has 2 strips ..
Why are these 2 strips?
:04:

Where quilting used to be more of an domestic or community enterprise here, now you can go to places like Eureka Springs and buy handmade quilts for $6500 each. :21:

Sorry, sir ..

Finally...

Question:

There are several vocational institutions here in Clarke County and they are very difficult to get into. One has to maintain an excellent grade point average to stay.

Again, talk to your school board!

Sorry, sir ..

Finally...

Question:

I was an naval officer first, and then a teacher. My actual rank in the Navy was Lieutenant Commander and I served 23 years both active and reserve. I taught math and social studies for 21 years. Those two careers overlapped by 5 years.

I did not understand a thing, but I like your answer.

Admiral of the United States, why are there two strips on Russian blankets?

Sorry, sir ..

Finally...

Question:

I did not understand a thing, but I like your answer.

Admiral of the United States, why are there two strips on Russian blankets?

I have no idea and honestly do not care, but I appreciate your input.

Starting pay for a standard oil field welder in a general location is $66,000 annually. Starting pay for an underwater oil rig/pipeline welder is $300,000 annually. It's not just the job you learn that makes a difference, as much as how far you want that job to go. Not to mention you can take a welding class and work for someone else, or use the same knowledge to work for yourself, and eventually end up with a welding business making a great deal more. It is always a matter of investment in your future.

Find something you really want to do, then do it to the maximum.
You don't have to be a Wall Street trader, doctor, or scientist to make over a quarter of a million dollars a year.
You just have to know what the hell you are doing, and it helps if what you know (and do) is something someone else probably doesn't.

Do you have any idea how much money a person who climbs to the top of a cell phone tower to change a light bulb gets paid?

Last edited:
Sorry, sir ..

Finally...

Question:

Again, talk to your school board!

Thank you, my American Admiral ...
You honestly confessed that you do not know about the 2 stripes on the Soviet blanket. I'm telling a terribl4e

Soviet secret
. Russians are very squeamish and clean people. Therefore...

1. We never sew an "American blanket" from the "pieces of matter .. we sew only rags, which then put under their feet
2. Russians think that Legs is a dirty element.
3. The Russians love order.

So...

4. The Army blanket of the USSR has 2 strips: -
- these strips are needed for the soldier to always know where his legs are. This blanket is always put 2 strips to the feet
- The second strip is needed so that the soldiers observe parallelism

.. In the USSR there was Order!

I don't think that such subject would have given any privileges on admission to a higher institution unless the profession itself is closely related to such activities. Perhaps this would help in the study of constructing or in woodworking (in other cases, you can get civil engineering assignment help), but it seems to me that it's better to do it as elective classes when students themselves choose the subject they need.

Wish schools would be more trade focused in USA. I got a Bachelor's and Masters now I drive a truck. Wish I skipped college and went to trade school.

Thank you.
As I understand it, in America, teaching subjects is at will, which is very different.
In the USSR, school education was the same for all. Same textbooks, the same subjects and even the same uniform.
The school is 10 years of study. Including - the training of physical workr. "a man must be able to work not only with his head, but also with his hands."
This is not professional training. You can not get a job as a carpenter, fitter, turner or electrician, having only a school education. But, in the USSR it was believed that every man should have basic knowledge of working with wood, metal, electricity, etc., every woman can sew, cook, etc.

Vocational education is:
1. If you have finished 8 classes of school, you can enter the "Professional School" PTU, after which you will be working: a builder, a mechanic, a turner Or, enter the "Technical College", then you will be an electrician, a nurse, an auto mechanic ...
2. If you graduated from the 10th grade of the school, or graduated from the PTU, the Technical College, you can enter the Institute or the University.

You will receive a Higher Education.
- Graduate Instite - an engineer, doctor, economist, lawyer. As I understand it, it corresponds to a bachelor's degree.
- A graduate of the University is a scientific worker in all branches of science. Master?
3. If you graduated from an institute or university, you can study in graduate school and defend a thesis, then get a scientific title.

It should be noted that all education in the USSR and, in part, in modern Russia, is free. In addition, if you are a student and study well, you receive a scholarship - about 1/3 of the average salary in the country.
In the early 90's, when the USSR collapsed, many people with higher education lost their jobs. Especially technical experts - physics, mathematics.
American education is much more focused on theory, hands on like yourss a bit arder to get until high school.It is then not mandatory. Those who can handle college prep stay in classes focuses on harder subject's and those who do not apear able to handle college prep get filed into classes like you speak of.

Wish schools would be more trade focused in USA. I got a Bachelor's and Masters now I drive a truck. Wish I skipped college and went to trade school.

Thank you.
As I understand it, in America, teaching subjects is at will, which is very different.
In the USSR, school education was the same for all. Same textbooks, the same subjects and even the same uniform.
The school is 10 years of study. Including - the training of physical workr. "a man must be able to work not only with his head, but also with his hands."
This is not professional training. You can not get a job as a carpenter, fitter, turner or electrician, having only a school education. But, in the USSR it was believed that every man should have basic knowledge of working with wood, metal, electricity, etc., every woman can sew, cook, etc.

Vocational education is:
1. If you have finished 8 classes of school, you can enter the "Professional School" PTU, after which you will be working: a builder, a mechanic, a turner Or, enter the "Technical College", then you will be an electrician, a nurse, an auto mechanic ...
2. If you graduated from the 10th grade of the school, or graduated from the PTU, the Technical College, you can enter the Institute or the University.

- Graduate Instite - an engineer, doctor, economist, lawyer. As I understand it, it corresponds to a bachelor's degree.
- A graduate of the University is a scientific worker in all branches of science. Master?
3. If you graduated from an institute or university, you can study in graduate school and defend a thesis, then get a scientific title.

It should be noted that all education in the USSR and, in part, in modern Russia, is free. In addition, if you are a student and study well, you receive a scholarship - about 1/3 of the average salary in the country.
In the early 90's, when the USSR collapsed, many people with higher education lost their jobs. Especially technical experts - physics, mathematics.
American education is much more focused on theory, hands on like yourss a bit arder to get until high school.It is then not mandatory. Those who can handle college prep stay in classes focuses on harder subject's and those who do not apear able to handle college prep get filed into classes like you speak of.

Please do not post on the topic of education until you get one!

Thank you.

Vocational education is:

How bout you blow me. I am not spell checking texts

Thank you.

Vocational education is:

Why do Snowflakes like you always revert to gross comments?

Thank you.

Vocational education is:

Why do Snowflakes like you always revert to gross comments?
What makes an idiot like you think I am going to spell check a text! You can blow me to!

Thank you.

Vocational education is:

Why would anyone consider your opinions if you are too fucking lazy to get it right? That post was an abortion that you should have seen coming a mile away.

Don't be a hypocrite! Stay off the education comments until you get one or show evidence thereof!

Forum List

Back