When Phoenix's Population Dies

The thing is, thirsty Las Vegas has those monsoon floods... Certainly, they could devise a way to capture all that water, with some technical ingenuity?

Storage is always an issue, as well as the fact that during those types of storms a lot of other "things" get pulled into the waterways, rocks, sediment, logs, cars, bodies. The storage system would not only need to capture the water, but route it to said storage, pre-treat, and then probably treat it again before use.

Storage is always an issue, as well as the fact that during those types of storms a lot of other "things" get pulled into the waterways, rocks, sediment, logs, cars, bodies. The storage system would not only need to capture the water, but route it to said storage, pre-treat, and then probably treat it again before use.
Yep....it'll definitely take some figuring out.....!

NY's water system is currently able to meet the levels of demand, and while we have had less rain than usual, reservoir levels aren't approaching drought warning levels, yet.

Our water comes from the Catskill/Delaware and Hudson watersheds, unrelated to the Mississippi.
I'm not worried about supply, I am worried about demand. Urban growth.

And, if the DNC stays in control, and continues its policies? We will have nothing to worry about, at least for the next five or six decades.

:auiqs.jpg:

If we DON'T do something, AGW will control the climate and the cost will be in the hundreds of trillions of dollars. If you think that makes economic sense... well, it doesn't. You'd have to be an idiot to think it does.
Is there experimental proof, that if "we do something," it will have any effect at all?

Last edited:
There's no magic line separating good water use from bad.

6paw1t.jpg

I'm not worried about supply, I am worried about demand. Urban growth.

And, if the DNC stays in control, and continues its policies? We will have nothing to worry about, at least for the next five or six decades.

:auiqs.jpg:

Demand has been relatively stable, even dropping the past few decades. The installation of water meters did impact people's use. I work in water/wastewater so I see the raw data.

Demand has been relatively stable, even dropping the past few decades. The installation of water meters did impact people's use. I work in water/wastewater so I see the raw data.
The California 21st Century water pipeline plan will cost 20X what the High speed rail project will cost ( so Demand scares the hell outta the Governor )

The California 21st Century water pipeline plan will cost 20X what the High speed rail project will cost ( so Demand scares the hell outta the Governor )

Sorry, was talking about demand in NYC, not California.

Water is not an issue or scarce in the Northeast ?

Very regional and very dependent on the source of the water as well as the current conditions. We get droughts, but the Northeast doesn't have that ONE BIG RIVER like the Colorado supplying water to the various cities.

Very regional and very dependent on the source of the water as well as the current conditions. We get droughts, but the Northeast doesn't have that ONE BIG RIVER like the Colorado supplying water to the various cities.
It has some of the largest lakes in the world instead

Forum List

Back