When is the time to talk about gun violence?

You want to live in a country with no guns allowed, move.

Oh, and by the way, in case you pick europe, I hope you don't get hacked and stabbed to death by one of the muslims they're allowing in by the millions. Enjoy having no way to defend yourself.
You can only defend yourself with a gun? Interesting.

WHY CAN'T THESE POLITICIANS, WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO BE INTELLIGENT, SIT DOWN AND FIGURE THIS OUT?

Very simply because neither side is actually interested in solving the problem.....

Democrats want to press for overbearing restrictions that won't fix the problem and will punish honest citizens for being gun owners

Republicans fail to make rhe reasoned case for protecting individual Rights and instead take an overly extreme position to appease their donors and ensure no "compromise" can occur.

l disagree. There is large segment of the population that feels that a solution needs to be found. But when anyone begins to talk about implementing some reasonable measures to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally deranged, the NRA and its associates begin a campaign to convince gun owners that their firearms are going to be taken away. They use the old, reliable fear mongering method to convince the law makers to do nothing. It has worked up to this point.

Why doesn't the GOP controlled congress sit down and try to figure out some solutions? Because most receive a check from the GOP on a regular basis.
Psst...
Responded to this already...

I hear people on both sides of the aisle saying, now is not the time to talk about guns. Well, when is the time? What is the answer?

Is it more guns? Is it less guns? Is it more gun restrictions or is it less gun laws?

WHY CAN'T THESE POLITICIANS, WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO BE INTELLIGENT, SIT DOWN AND FIGURE THIS OUT?

They have figured it out….it is against the law to commit a crime with a gun. It is against the law for a felon to own, carry or use a gun. When either person is caught with a gun they can be arrested and sent to jail.

Where they can improve things…sentencing for gun crimes. They need to make sentences for gun crimes by actual criminals longer….

We have a gun trafficker sentenced today…brought 43 guns into Chicago…tried to sell them to criminals, got 3 years he will be out in less than 2. That is the problem…not law abiding people owning and carrying guns.

And he was caught with police work…they had an informant…..licensing gun owners, registering guns and universal background checks did not, and would not have stopped this guy.

Before it happens, obviously, but Americans love their deadly toys and shit like this only makes them more stubborn about what is, in nearly all cases, no longer necessary.

No…Americans like to be safe from violent criminal attack and use guns…according to bill clinton…1.5 million times a year to stop criminals each year.

My prediction is there will not even be a reasonable discussion on solutions in the GOP Congress. It will soon be off the TV screen and forgotten, until the next mass shooting. I pray it is not in your child's school......

FAR more violent crime is committed without guns than with -- better than 2:1.
So, rather than focus on "gun" violence, we should focus on all kinds of violence.
That, however, will lead to convulsions that does not advance the liberal agenda-- so it won't happen.
More young people die from guns than die from cars. What other type of violence kills as many of our young people as gun violence?
I like how you avoided my point and proved my point at the same time. Nicely done.
I avoided nothing.
Ok then...
Tell us why you focus on gun violence when better than 70% of violent crime is committed without a gun?

You happy with this chart?
upload_2015-10-2_11-3-16.png

So, rather than focus on "gun" violence, we should focus on all kinds of violence.

That, however, will lead to convulsions that does not advance the liberal agenda-- so it won't happen.

More young people die from guns than die from cars. What other type of violence kills as many of our young people as gun violence?

No…that is not true….the number one death among teenagers and children is car accidents…..

The number of children killed by accidental gun death….69 in 2013…according to the CDC table 10.

I hear people on both sides of the aisle saying, now is not the time to talk about guns. Well, when is the time? What is the answer?

Is it more guns? Is it less guns? Is it more gun restrictions or is it less gun laws?

They have figured it out….it is against the law to commit a crime with a gun. It is against the law for a felon to own, carry or use a gun. When either person is caught with a gun they can be arrested and sent to jail.

Where they can improve things…sentencing for gun crimes. They need to make sentences for gun crimes by actual criminals longer….

We have a gun trafficker sentenced today…brought 43 guns into Chicago…tried to sell them to criminals, got 3 years he will be out in less than 2. That is the problem…not law abiding people owning and carrying guns.

And he was caught with police work…they had an informant…..licensing gun owners, registering guns and universal background checks did not, and would not have stopped this guy.

And the Oregon shooter was a "law abiding" person. So, now what?

I like how you avoided my point and proved my point at the same time. Nicely done.

I avoided nothing. Why is the NRA afraid to even study what might or might not work to prevent so many deaths? We spend millions per year studying how and why people die in car crashes, and finding ways to limit the danger. You don't think something that kills more 26 and younger people than cars deserves special study?

Sorry, not true….gun research has stayed the same and the CDC was simply prohibited from using research as propaganda…...

Before it happens, obviously, but Americans love their deadly toys and shit like this only makes them more stubborn about what is, in nearly all cases, no longer necessary.

No…Americans like to be safe from violent criminal attack and use guns…according to bill clinton…1.5 million times a year to stop criminals each year.
That number is garbage, utter.

I avoided nothing.
Ok then...
Tell us why you focus on gun violence when better than 70% of violent crime is committed without a gun?

View attachment 51292

are those countries proud of the innocent civilians murdered by their governments……Europe sent 12 million people to death in German death camps…….Russia 25 million, China 70 million, and that doesn't include the Armenian genocide the or any of the other mass murders by governments against unarmed people around the world.

It is the number bill clinton got when he did the research. So tell him.

My prediction is there will not even be a reasonable discussion on solutions in the GOP Congress. It will soon be off the TV screen and forgotten, until the next mass shooting. I pray it is not in your child's school......
You clearly aren't willing to have a honest discussion on this, as your point has been addressed.
"Gun violence" represents ~30% of all violent crime.
You seek a band-aid ignore the cancer.

Why can't you, who are supposed to be intelligent, figure out that after decades of new guns laws, that guns are not the problem?

I avoided nothing.
Ok then...
Tell us why you focus on gun violence when better than 70% of violent crime is committed without a gun.

I avoided nothing.
Ok then...

View attachment 51292

are those countries proud of the innocent civilians murdered by their governments……Europe sent 12 million people to death in German death camps…….Russia 25 million, China 70 million, and that doesn't include the Armenian genocide the or any of the other mass murders by governments against unarmed people around the world.

Europe? That isn't a country. And your claim is obviously false.

As an aside...
Most of the time there can be no compromise because the side seeking concessions from gun owners have nothing to offer in return.
Only when you look at it from an emotional viewpoint.
No... only when you look a it using the definition of compromise.
For gun owners to compromise, they must be offered something in return for what they give up.
If the side that wants gun owners to give something up and have no intention of offering something in return. that side seeks acquiescence, not compromise.
There's no sound reason for gun owners to acquiesce.
Pro-gun, pro-NRA guy, willing to comprimise! | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Why would anybody need to be given anything before they even consider trying to reduce senseless deaths?
Thank you for illustrating that anti-gun loons do not seek compromise.

What kind of scum demands a gift before they agree to reduce senseless deaths? The NRA opposes even studying the problem.

It is the number bill clinton got when he did the research. So tell him.

Adjusted for current crime rates the number would be much lower.

As an aside...
Most of the time there can be no compromise because the side seeking concessions from gun owners have nothing to offer in return.
Only when you look at it from an emotional viewpoint.
No... only when you look a it using the definition of compromise.
For gun owners to compromise, they must be offered something in return for what they give up.
If the side that wants gun owners to give something up and have no intention of offering something in return. that side seeks acquiescence, not compromise.
There's no sound reason for gun owners to acquiesce.
Pro-gun, pro-NRA guy, willing to comprimise! | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Why would anybody need to be given anything before they even consider trying to reduce senseless deaths?
Thank you for illustrating that anti-gun loons do not seek compromise.
What kind of scum demands a gift before they agree to reduce senseless deaths? The NRA opposes even studying the problem.
Thank you for further illustrating that anti-gun loons do not seek compromise.

Forum List

Back